They are talking about vehicles and maps e.t.c.
Didn't see the Q&A but new info:
- Several new vehicles are featured in the expansion, including new tank destroyers, an AC-130 gunship, ATVs, and mobile artillery.
- Taking over a specific base grants the controlling team access to an AC-130 gunship. The gunship travels on a fixed circular path around the bases and it has four seats -- two for shooting 125mm cannons at the ground and two anti-air turrets for defending its airspace.
- Though only four people can man the AC-130 at once, other soldiers can use it as a mobile parachute spawn point.
- The AC-130 is also a great position to spot and mark enemies for your teammates.
- If your team controls the AC-130, the smart strategy is to have all patrolling the aircraft defend it from oncoming attacks so it can continue its forceful barrage.
- The AC-130 is heavily armored, but it cannot be repaired by engineers. This means ground forces can bring it down with concentrated fire.
- The tank destroyers are lighter and more limber than the tanks included in the base game. They still pack a punch, but are much more vulnerable than the conventional tanks.
- Over 20 upgrades are available for the new vehicles, but there is no new infantry weaponry.
- Armored Kill also has a new Tank Superiority mode, but DICE wouldn't go into specifics just yet.
- You should spawn on a squad member near a hot zone or to jump into a vehicle. Given the large size of the map, hiking from your home base to a flag point takes a while.
- The maps are large enough that you can employ new team tactics like positioning your mobile artillery on the ridge and shelling any troops approaching a hotly contested flag capture point from a long range.
Looks like squads will have to work together effectively to keep the AC-130 airborne. September 2012 I think is when this map pack is released.
AC130 is going to destory kids if the jets help keep it in the air .....
For people who did not watch it
AC130 has a AA gun , flares and acts as a mobile spawn point
Shame it on a set path....hope only way to take it down is by jets
Id be suprised if stingers cant hit it, considering how powerful it is sounding to be.
I think it'll be only AA guns and jets that can hit it, from the video it looks REALLY high up, stingers can't get a lock that high after they brought down the range.
I think it will be interesting, teams will have to try get the base where the AC130 spawns, and once it is up, they have to protect it. It's gonna be different and fun