Battlefield

09 Mar 2012
By: YorkshirePud82 Member 1679 Posts
Level 3

First DLC announced: Close Quarters

28 Replies 371 Views Created 09-03-2012

well this is a complete tangant http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

i understand its the 1st of 3 DLC's but ***** DICE! COD mappack? wtfh4xbbq? its gonna be full of frag noobs. and ive seen some footage on youtube and one of the maps is the office from the coop maps, now fair enough BFBC2 and BFBC1 re-used campaign maps but they were GOOD.

im bitterly dissapointed with this. lets hope armoured fury or whatever its called will be better, allegedly it has the biggest Battlefield map ever with copious amounts of vehicles

allegedly

Oldies can still be goldies
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (371 Views)
Level 7

Re: First DLC announced: Close Quarters

already covered in this topic - http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Battlefield/Upcoming-BF3-DLC-amp-Console-Private-Servers/td-p...

but maybe that deals too much with the wider list of upcoming dlc packs while this concentrates on close quarters pack

hopefully with the addition of rentable server someone will be able to put up a server banning full auto shotguns and frag rounds

could you post a link to this youtube vid you seen

i was only able to find this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1njH0g_xxY - which seems to be from a demo at Game Dev Conferance 2012

this office map reminds me alot of radec academy on killzone, with balconies surrounding and overlooking a central open space

ive taken this screenshot from the video, not that great quality but as you can see the office buildings form a horseshoe 2 story shape around an open space

BF3_office.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (346 Views)
Level 7

If they add tactical segways as vehicles it might be worth a look. I don't know if BF3s gun play will work well on a small map though, I can understand operation metro because it's really long but a map like that i'm not sure. But look on the bright side it might take people who play BF like call of duty away from the other maps:smileyvery-happy:

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (332 Views)
Level 3

The map looks tiny, and the layout doesn't appear to have any boundaries shaded out so I don't know how they will work rush and conquest in that small space.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (329 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (323 Views)
Level 8

That does look like Radec Academy. Give us the spawn grenades and we're good to go. :smileyvery-happy:

I hope we can do stuff like take out a whole floor with a few well-placed C4. Probably result in a few team kills but um, would be worth it :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (300 Views)
Level 3

Woohooo DLC!!!!......oh wait....still got crippling INPUT LAG....I'll pass thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (286 Views)
Level 5

With my sensitivity settings as they are so I can aim, it takes me a second to turn 180. This map would only suit my character if I could stand outside and fire 320's in through a window. Doesn't look like you can, or even destroy the whole building, because the outer walls are the map boundaries.
BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

I found a good analysis video of the official close quarters trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2SPrz0Kmm0

the analysis shows the first map call Ziba Towers

and list new weapons, including :

- SPAS 12 shotgun

- ACW-R

- MTAR-21

- AUG

- SCAR-L

- L86-A1

- LSAT

it also highlights the HD destruction, showing that all intermediate walls will be destructable, leaving only a bare steel column support structure, so you can blow out a wall and take out the guy on the other side instread of using the door :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (178 Views)
Level 13

Mike939 wrote:

If they add tactical segways as vehicles it might be worth a look. I don't know if BF3s gun play will work well on a small map though, I can understand operation metro because it's really long but a map like that i'm not sure. But look on the bright side it might take people who play BF like call of duty away from the other maps:smileyvery-happy:

segway_army.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (179 Views)