31 Oct 2011
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Issue with Battlelog

20 Replies 1,703 Views Created 31-10-2011

Hi there,

I sort of have an issue with battlelog... as I go to the website (and log in with my EA account, wich works) a screen says I need to fill in a username... so what I wanted to do was use my psn ID (davylindhout) but that name has already been taken..... now my question is why would anyone use my psn, as name... (I sort of get the idea my identity is being stolen as I use my psn name on every forum...) Is there any way for me to still use my psn name on battlelog... :smileysad:?

Best (Ex)Community Moderator: Wretched_Hawk

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (1,703 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Issue with Battlelog

can someon please reply? If they know something about it, or may be have encountered the same problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (1,689 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Nope. Same thing happened to me and many others. On battlelog, I'm now Shox1212.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (1,684 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

username is actually the email address you registered on EA Origins account. register there then link your PSN tag to that account. Go on BF and play a few games then come back and log in with your Origins emails address and password....shoudl work then

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (1,683 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

thanks, I'll try it out tomorrow :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (1,678 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

leggy1975 wrote:

username is actually the email address you registered on EA Origins account. register there then link your PSN tag to that account. Go on BF and play a few games then come back and log in with your Origins emails address and password....shoudl work then

Hi guys,

If anyone has had issues not being able to use their Online ID with Battlelog, and have tried this yet still having issues let me know.

Thanks,

RabidWalker

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (1,641 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yes, I am still unable to log in to battlelog, despite having played online / linked my EA account / selected my PSN id as my default persona / spent 1 hour talking to EA customer support.

I have the psn store digital download copy of BF3. We didn't need to activate an online pass with this version - it just worked, could that be the problem ?

The battlelog page says we need to buy BF3 to use battlelog - its like it doesn't recognise the legitimate purchase from the playstation store. All EA support did was send me an invitation email, a standard 'welcome to battlelog' email. I followed the link within to battlelog, but still couldn't log in.

My EA login email address is the same as my psn email address, only the password is different.

Hope you can fix this problem RabidWalker, on behalf of myself and the others who have the digital copy.

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (1,611 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

RabidWalker schreef:

leggy1975 wrote:

Hi guys,

If anyone has had issues not being able to use their Online ID with Battlelog, and have tried this yet still having issues let me know.

Thanks,

RabidWalker

Still doesnt work, I tried it again and now I even can't go to the "change persona" page as it gives me an error.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (1,607 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Im having a similar problem, When ever I try to link my EA account with my PSN account it says that my PSN account has been taken. I even created a new one and tried again within about 10 minutes and I had the same problem. Can somone please help me, this is getting very annoying as I cant log into battle log or claim my veteran status.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (1,558 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Zedap wrote:

Im having a similar problem, When ever I try to link my EA account with my PSN account it says that my PSN account has been taken. I even created a new one and tried again within about 10 minutes and I had the same problem. Can somone please help me, this is getting very annoying as I cant log into battle log or claim my veteran status.

Try contacting EA support

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (1,551 Views)
0 Kudos