Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 58

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
27 Apr 2012
By NOZonline

NOZonline

  • Offline
99%
07 Rank
Progress

M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

60 Replies 753 Views Created 27-04-2012
27 Apr 2012
By NOZonline
There's a glitch with the M26 if it is underslung on the G3A3 that has a heavy barrel...
Making every pellet (12) use the G3A3's damage so basically each pellet does the same damage as a G3A3 round not only that with a heavy barrel the range of the M26 shot is massive!
So to sum up...
It's back to the fun and laughs of getting owned buy noobs holding the above setup!
Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution
Seen loads of level 100's using it on Metro now, seems you were right its becoming an epidemic lol. One guy had 36 stars on it, making my 7 look a bit sick. I might join you on TDM and catch up :D
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
09
/16

randygoodlove

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
93%
09 Rank
Progress
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution

StuR328 wrote:
also the M26 MASS is an American designed and built weapon so the US team gets an additional damage buff with it
Where's the Ruskie version :P

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Cloudburst--

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
I played for the first time in a week or more and WOW the m26 dart is awful. No way I'm playing until its fixed lol.

I also messed up my brightness :( If I turn brightness up I see buildings all bright but the air in the game is all cloudy and kinda hides players. If I lower it a bit everything is too dark!

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
10
/16

nerdlegend

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
96%
10 Rank
Progress
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution

I was using that setup before it was cool 

 

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

StuR328

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
10 Rank
Progress
StuR328
Accepted Solution

nerdlegend wrote:

I was using that setup before it was cool 

 


 

NERDS ALIVE!!!!

 

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!


|¬_¬|™

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
09
/16

fi8767

  • Offline
96%
09 Rank
Progress
fi8767
Accepted Solution

nerdlegend wrote:

I was using that setup before it was cool 

 


+1

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

TamKing

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
TamKing
Accepted Solution

im not so sure its the damage of the mass thats the problem,its the range.i think when you attach it to a gun like the g3 and add a heavy barrel,the increase in bullet speed bonus hasnt been optimised with the mass attached to the gun so the extended speed/range the heavy barrel has basically gives the mass a huge boost in range(almost as much as the gun itself)

 

 if you use the mass on its own (not attached) it will still kill people in one hit but if they are any more than 20/30 ft away chances are you'll be the one dying,also has this been confirmed as a glitch by a dev?

maybe this is how the mass is intended to work attached to a gun with a heavy barrel?

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

TamKing wrote:

im not so sure its the damage of the mass thats the problem,its the range.i think when you attach it to a gun like the g3 and add a heavy barrel,the increase in bullet speed bonus hasnt been optimised with the mass attached to the gun so the extended speed/range the heavy barrel has basically gives the mass a huge boost in range(almost as much as the gun itself)

 

 if you use the mass on its own (not attached) it will still kill people in one hit but if they are any more than 20/30 ft away chances are you'll be the one dying,also has this been confirmed as a glitch by a dev?

maybe this is how the mass is intended to work attached to a gun with a heavy barrel?


 

I was joking above about abusing it - haven't used it since and I won't until its fixed.  I haven't heard if its definitely a bug,  and its probably still ok to use officially its not like anyone will get their stats wiped or anything because they might not be aware of the issues.  

 

Don't expect a warm welcome on private servers if you use it though,  most are banning it & its becoming universally known as the new noob gun.  I play Metro a lot and i've joined games where the server owner and his friends are using the M26 to keep us locked in our base down the tunnel.  

 

I think I was wrong about it and it needs fixing,  I don't mind lower ranks using it on TDM to level up a bit,  because the TDM objective is just to kill as many as you can,  but it doesn't belong in Conquest where serious players are playing the flags,  and if you're a higher rank than me - you should know better.  The prevalence of level 100 players using the M26 as their main weapon has slowly changed my mind about it,  I just think they're trolling the game on purpose.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

Sorry I forgot to answer the last part,  no I don't think they intended it to work that way with the heavy barrel because the MASS is a separate underslung attachment and doesn't technically fire through the barrel,  so it should have its own damage and range which would be unaffected by the barrel type.  

 

It was obviously a mistake.

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
07
/16

NOZonline

  • Offline
99%
07 Rank
Progress
NOZonline
Accepted Solution
Yeah the lvl 100s useing it are just being trolls as they have nothing better to do, there already max rank...
So there useing it just to ***** people off!
I only used it on TDM as it's only fair to leave to conquest and rush alone.

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
06
/16

I_reaps_I

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
06 Rank
Progress
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:

Sorry I forgot to answer the last part,  no I don't think they intended it to work that way with the heavy barrel because the MASS is a separate underslung attachment and doesn't technically fire through the barrel,  so it should have its own damage and range which would be unaffected by the barrel type.  

 

It was obviously a mistake.


 

 

It is an odd mistake... But look at what they did to suppression on PURPOSE. If you get into a firefight at a couple of feet whilst suppressed, you wont hit anything.

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

I_reaps_I wrote:

LSD-39 wrote:

Sorry I forgot to answer the last part,  no I don't think they intended it to work that way with the heavy barrel because the MASS is a separate underslung attachment and doesn't technically fire through the barrel,  so it should have its own damage and range which would be unaffected by the barrel type.  

 

It was obviously a mistake.


 

 

It is an odd mistake... But look at what they did to suppression on PURPOSE. If you get into a firefight at a couple of feet whilst suppressed, you wont hit anything.


 

Unless you switch to your sidearm - which is equally as odd.  If you're fully suppressed with completely blurred vision your trusty pistol still works perfectly normal,  it totally ignores the suppression effect.  It stopped me running around with the heavy LMG tbh,  I was winning many 1v1 encounters because suppression was assisting me,  but then they learned to switch to pistol the pesky scamps.  :)

 

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
09
/16

Cringles88

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

A plague on all your houses for using it!

 

I think it's funny how the OP came on to complain about it, but has admitted to using it quite a bit. You've now become the person your were complaining about :D

 

I know the exploits but I don't use them, as it doesn't feel fair.  Do you all use the exploits in the OPC nights to?

 

..Randy I have to admit, when playing against you, your the top annoying player with the 200 rounds RPK haha. 

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

Noxage

  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Noxage
Accepted Solution
I dont even have M26 DART unlocked! And I dont want it either hah! Let the noobs keep their toy and I will continue dishing out pure justice with my shotgun and .44 ! MUFUKAZ!

It is annoying though when someone oneshots you from like 50 feet lol.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

Noxage wrote:
Let the noobs keep their toy and I will continue dishing out pure justice with my shotgun and MY USAS AND MY MK3!!!

 

:smileyindifferent:  
Fixd

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

Noxage

  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Noxage
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:

Noxage wrote:
Let the noobs keep their toy and I will continue dishing out pure justice with my shotgun and MY USAS AND MY MK3!!!

 

:smileyindifferent:  
Fixd


I like to get up close and personal doing the objective, I use shotguns A LOT, your point is? lol  Notice you neglected to mention the 40 stars on my DAO-12 which is actually my most used gun. :Stupid:


Do you see me having sly digs at you for using a silent PDW that has high spray rate :)? no didnt think so. Go and camp harder friend :No-no:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
09
/16

randygoodlove

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
93%
09 Rank
Progress
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution
Sorry Cringles :(

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

TamKing

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
TamKing
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:

 

If you're fully suppressed with completely blurred vision your trusty pistol still works perfectly normal,  it totally ignores the suppression effect.

 



call me a noob but i didnt know that,ill be pulling out my .44  more often while suppressed from now on,Thanks.. :)

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

TamKing wrote:

LSD-39 wrote:

 

If you're fully suppressed with completely blurred vision your trusty pistol still works perfectly normal,  it totally ignores the suppression effect.

 



call me a noob but i didnt know that,ill be pulling out my .44  more often while suppressed from now on,Thanks.. :)


 

No problem :)  You'll see a lot of people doing it now.  If you meet someone face to face and suppress each other,  the winner will often be the first one to draw his pistol,  rather than ducking behind cover and waiting for the suppression to wear off lol. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: M26 underslung on a G3A3 is the new USAS!

BF3 Stats
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel