Level 6

Re: Mr Incs. diary

Mike939 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Also SAS selection is happening on this camp :smileyindifferent:

What's the craic with the SAS, do you not wanna join? You can't end on a cliffhanger of a post such as that haha.

Wasn't Randy McNab in the SAS haha.

Not a lot a I can say about the SAS. All I know is they were there on selection and on Thursday night some twits in our platoon ***** off some of the potential SAS :Stupid:. They had just started I think as the Corporal who was telling us said watch that carpark empty over the week, and he was right :Lol:  Think its 8 months the selection. There was around 150 there of out of those about 4 will pass maybe less :smileysurprised:

Me in the SAS :smileysurprised: Are you mental :smileytongue:

Lets get out of basic training, phase 2 training and a couple of years with my regiment before we start having those crazy ideas :Lol: To tell you the truth I doubt I could hack it.

Got a tough week coming up. Two tabs, first is a 5 mile and then a 6 mile (4 mile squadded, 2 best effort) which is the last and is a test. Last circuit training and lots of shooting to get ready for the marksmanship test. 

Well you've already had th intense mental preperation of being on this forum:smileyhappy:

Most people on here are mental :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 168 (227 Views)
Level 7

randygoodlove wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Also SAS selection is happening on this camp :smileyindifferent:

What's the craic with the SAS, do you not wanna join? You can't end on a cliffhanger of a post such as that haha.

Wasn't Randy McNab in the SAS haha.

Not a lot a I can say about the SAS. All I know is they were there on selection and on Thursday night some twits in our platoon ***** off some of the potential SAS :Stupid:. They had just started I think as the Corporal who was telling us said watch that carpark empty over the week, and he was right :Lol:  Think its 8 months the selection. There was around 150 there of out of those about 4 will pass maybe less :smileysurprised:

Me in the SAS :smileysurprised: Are you mental :smileytongue:

Lets get out of basic training, phase 2 training and a couple of years with my regiment before we start having those crazy ideas :Lol: To tell you the truth I doubt I could hack it.

Got a tough week coming up. Two tabs, first is a 5 mile and then a 6 mile (4 mile squadded, 2 best effort) which is the last and is a test. Last circuit training and lots of shooting to get ready for the marksmanship test. 

Well you've already had th intense mental preperation of being on this forum:smileyhappy:

Most people on here are mental :smileyindifferent:

I'm not i'm just friendly:smileyhappy:

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 168 (223 Views)
Level 9

Good evening yall. Had a tough week this week (well the toughet week for a while). Had our final circuit training PT on Monday and electronic rifle range. All day on the live ranges on Tuesday, 5 mile tab on Wednesday which left me with 2 massive blisters. On the ranges all day today for the Annual Combat Marksmenship Test which I passed :smileyvery-happy:. And tomorrow we have a 6 mile tab :smileysad: but its the last tab :smileyvery-happy:

Not sure if I will be given a marksmen patch on my uniform. Because they way they do it is you do 50,100,200 and 300 meters and the total is 49 targets. Each distance has a pass mark so if you fail a distance you only reshoot that distance. But to get marksmen you need tp get 39 or better. On the 50, 100 meter shoots I hit every target so 25 out of 25. At 200 I got 7 out of 15 so I failed 200 meters as you need 9. At 300 meters I hit 7 out of 9 pass for that is 3. So overall my score was 39 which is the marksmen score but I had to reshoot at 200. Now if you fail a distance and reshoot that one and your total is now a marksmen it don't count. I did a reshoot at 200 n passed but my score was already high enough for marksmen without the need of the reshoot so i don't know if i will be credited as a marksmen even though I got the score required first time but i reshot 200m.

But regardless I know I'm and damn good shot and my first score was a marksmen score. Think about 15 people got marksmen out of 44. As i understand if you get marksmen twice in a row you can apply to become a sniper :Sniper:
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 168 (200 Views)
Level 6

F***ing snipers

Watch your back :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 124 of 168 (198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Well I'm a bit battered and bruised. Had the final exercise this week. 5 days putting everything we have learnt into practice. Tabbed out in full kit which is about 35 to 40 kgs.

First night was in a platoon harbour n the way it worked was each section would be given patrol times. our section went out on a patrol at 1am returned at 2am then factor in i had sentry at 11 to 12 and 3 to 4 with revali (spelling?) at 5 = a very tired Mr Inc. Then we bugged out in the affernoon set up a hasty harbour were we conducted more patrols and as we had a late one before we got a nice early one. Day 3 was in the FOB were got to experience what dailyife in Afghanistan is sort of like, we even got attacked by sucked bombers lol. Our partol went out with me acting as a section commander. We came under contact and one of my boys had his leg blown off :smileysad: so we CASEVAC'd him back to the FOB wich was basically running with him in a make shift stretcher were messed up my hip. My hip was given my trouble anyway bit after that i was limpimg everywhere :smileysad:
The heat in the FOB was horrible, in the big tents the temp was 33.8 at 9pm :smileysad:

Thursday we returned to were we had the hasty harbor, patroed some more that's were my hip was really painful. Coming under contact and having to run I could barely move :smileysad:

Last day was the final attack having been allowed to continue i was placed on fire support to reduce the runnong i had to do. The final attack is full on section attack and is the final test of your battle skills and has to be completed so that's why for both enemy position I was fire support. After that I was taken straight off the execise with a possible stress fracture. They allowed my to do the attack otherwise I'd of been backtrooped so they let me take the risk of further injuring myself but wouldn't let my do the CASEVAC n tab back.

Got bit to pieces by mosquitoes and was pouring sith sweat all day every day must of proper stunk after 5 days :Lol:

Anyway I have to see the doc on Monday to find out what's up with my hip. Pass out on Friday :smileyvery-happy: might not be in the pass out parade though :smileysad: will upload some pics when I get home :smileyvery-happy:
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 168 (156 Views)
Level 4

Mr Inc, my brother was at a camp down at RAF training ( now becoming a lawyer though ) and he ( literally ) passed out during a parade and knocked out 2 teeth... so good luck :smileywink: .
Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 168 (143 Views)
Level 9

Got promoted on Friday :smileyvery-happy: Went from a recruit to a private soldier in her Britanic Majisteys Army :smileyvery-happy: Also in a couple of weeks my pay goes from £14,400 to £18,000 with a gaurenteed pay rise evey 6 months so "happy days"

I'm now a fully trained soldier, Limped through the end of the training. Did a week and half with tendonitis :smileysurprised: They got messed up on the assault course when we were doing CASEVACs and log runs. Did a mile and half run in 10 minutes with f****d up tendons then a 5 day exercise. Could barley move by the end of it but managed the final attack. Was put in the fire support group so was basically supressing the enemy posityion with rapid fire. 

On Monday I had no idea if I'd be able to march with my platoon for the parade. Tuesday was diagosed with tendonitis by the Dr and was put on light duties with the only thing I was allowed to do was drill. In the reherasals we had nailed every move including the feared "advance in review order" which our platoon always did perfectly :smileyvery-happy: Basically advancing 14 pacess forward in open order and we all stayed perfectlu covered off with each other :smileyvery-happy: (Stu knows what I mean).

Then in rehersals with the other 2 platoons on the same drill move the other 2 platoons with us were far to fast and when we looked across there ranks were all ove the show wehilst ours were in 3 perfectly straight lines :smileyvery-happy: yet the Company Sergeant Major shouts at us. We kept repeating it and always our platoon kept covered correctly yet the other platoons couldn't do it. Our Sergeant defended us as we were actually marching at the correct pace of 120 paces per minute so the the company was forced to march to our correct pace :smileyvery-happy:

Thursday we got beasted in they gym (I sat we I was actually not allowed to do lower body PT due to my hip) then because everybody got thrashed by the PTIs when it came to the rehersal of the parade  2 of our platoon fainted. The first did it properly. Face planted staight into the floor and broke his nose. Next didnt do it properly, he tried to fight it and fell backwards as the fist person was still being brought round :Lol:

Friday was the final rehersal whcih was with the band which turned out to be the band and bugels of the Rifles. One of the best bands in the Army. Was awesome marching around the camp with a band let alone the Rifles band and bugels.

Finally the time came for the pass off parade. We were all formed up ready to go just waiting for the crowd warm up to finish and Company Sergeant Majoy give the order for us to march then suddently the band kicked in to life and marched off, Knobdoy knew why event he CSM had been expecting that but he band went on a double quick time. We finalluy got on the parade square, cant discribe the buzz that gives you marching on the pass off parade infornt off your family to a band especially the rifles band.

Will post pictures and video as soon as I can, in mean time I cant wait for a game or to on BF3 :smileyvery-happy: 

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 168 (117 Views)
Level 6

[ Edited ]
Well done mate, made up for you.

Enjoy it soldier :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 168 (110 Views)
Level 10

every meal a banquet, every pay cheque a fortune

|¬_¬|™
Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 168 (104 Views)
Level 7

Whats the difference between a 5.56 and 7.62 again?

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 168 (96 Views)