01 Nov 2011
Playstation Staff

New players to BF3 from COD

21 Replies 948 Views Created 01-11-2011

1st post!

I was looking for some opinions from COD players that are new to the BF series, in particular those who already have BF3 of course! I started playing the COD series from the first Modern Warfare (so I have 4 years' worth of games) but am getting a bit bored of the same stuff year after year. Obviously, with the releases of both games so close to each other, I thought a change would be nice.

I played the BF3 beta and quite enjoyed it so am tempted for the move away from the annual CODfest.

So, any opions appreciated...interested to know about differences in gameplay and adapting to BF3 e.g. character movement, playing in squads, types/quality of maps etc. I'd also be interested to know from peeps who, after playing BF3, didn't like it and will wait for COD:MW3 to come out next week.

Cheers in advance, Disco :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (948 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: New players to BF3 from COD

i would say rent the full game, the beta isnt what i would really call a true battlefield experience, operation metro is not a great map to make a decision based on if you havent played previous battlefield games
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (944 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If you like COD you will hate BF3!

And hopefully when COD is released all the non spotting ammo hugging headless chickens will return to what they know best! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (935 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

^ Add to that the spawn campers, no scope snipers, nade spammers, RPG spammers, medics not offering healing kit, support not offering ammo kits and the 'I think I'm a good player if I spam the jump button' crowd. :smileysad:

One more for good measure, the 'lets park a tank on it's side on this flight of stairs' dimwits.

Now that's out of my system, I feel better.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (921 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

funkpower wrote:

If you like COD you will hate BF3!

And hopefully when COD is released all the non spotting ammo hugging headless chickens will return to what they know best! 

I like CoD but think BF3 is far better.

What I don't like people who come over from CoD don't bother to try to get an understanding of the classes and the way they help the team.

@Disco You may find this video useful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

Some things have changed like the classes but it explains things better than "how not to be a noob in BF3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WG5XQqMsmw 

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (917 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Unlike some of the responses would suggest, you are most definitely welcome. Just note also that it's a very different game, and requires a much more measured approach. If you play it like CoD, you will get WTFPWNED hard, and quit in disgust. Get to know a role well, I'd recommend Assault or Support first. Try to work in a team, help your squad mates, and most importantly PTFO (play the *****ing objective). K/D ratio doesn't win games (well, it can in DM, but DM is not BF).
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (903 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Danlisa wrote:

^ Add to that the spawn campers, no scope snipers, nade spammers, RPG spammers, medics not offering healing kit, support not offering ammo kits and the 'I think I'm a good player if I spam the jump button' crowd. :smileysad:

One more for good measure, the 'lets park a tank on it's side on this flight of stairs' dimwits.

Now that's out of my system, I feel better.

So true Danlisa! You can spot a CODy a mile off! But not long now before they leave the real Battlefield and head back to performing the 100 sprint. How dare they even think about coming to the other side!?

Ammo!! Huh? Ammo!!!!! Huh??? Ammo!!! 

Light em up!! Huh???? Light em up!!! Huh??

Ok just run then...............

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (903 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I like of aswell. Well I like modern warfare, hate black ops. Though I adore battlefield 3 I will still be buying MW3 and mixing between the two. Unless I really dislike MW3. So far BF3 had done a better job on advertisement to prompt me to by it rather than MW3 has. Best thing is bf3 is more squad/tactical focus which is what cod lacks but to me it's still fun nonetheless

Playing: Tomb Raider, COD: ghosts
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (884 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (857 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Some nice posts in response to a fair question on advice from a first time poster.

Don't be put off. The game is immense and far more immersive than cod is. Campaign has its flaws but mp is the best you will get on this gen of consoles. Go for it and you will never look back!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (850 Views)
0 Kudos