04 Jul 2010
By G-MA
Playstation Staff

New to BF:BC2

7 Replies 442 Views Created 04-07-2010

Hi, I need some advice!

I've just bought a new slim and this game came with it.  I've just completed the single player, which was too easy and over very quick IMO, even on hard.

I'm now going to give the online a go, as the single player was short.  I don't normally play online to get the trophies, but with this one I might give it go.  Are the trophies hard to achieve, does it take ages to complete, like the reach 21 rank, how long will this take roughly in hours for an average rated gamer?

All the unlocks for guns etc, will this take ages?  I only ask as I don't have much time to play games now-a-days, so wondered whether it's worth going for the platinum on this game.  

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: New to BF:BC2

i think if you're limited with time, getting the trophies will take a while and if you only go for the trophies you'll most likely miss out on actually playing a really good game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (436 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Gotta agree with that ^^^
If you just aim for trophies, you will miss out on playing what is actually a fantastic online game!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (430 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I had a very quick go, it it did feel pretty good.  I got confused on what I was actually doing, but I'm sure if I play a few times I'll get used to it. I'm sure it's addictive, as there are so many things to unlock, which is good. 

It was just out of my own curiosity on how long it may take to get some of the trophies. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I think it would take the average person about 30 to 40 hours to get to rank 22. That would be getting about 200 points per minute, which is not too hard once you get the hang of it. It might sound a lot and it is if your just doing it for a trophy, but if you play because you engoy it, it should fly by.

Some trophys I still don't have and I've been playing nearly 200 hours. Knife 5 friends I probably will never get unless I go out of my way to get it. 20 demolition kills is quite hard depending on your style of play. You wont get many if you play mostly medic class like i do.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

playing for trophies can really ruin the game, and can mean you end up not playing as part of your squad, because you are after your own objective, ie, demolishion kills (nightmare) in casual playing the platinum can take up to 50 or 60 hours, easy plat but time consuming.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Wow, 200 hours, that's pretty impressive mate.  I can't imagine ever playing online for that amount of hours.  I hardly ever play online as I just like the to get on with my own stuff offline, but as this game was so short, I'd thought I'd give it a blast and try and get some online trophies whilst I'm at it. 

I've had a few more go's and I'm beginning to get hooked!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (355 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I never bothered with online. I had absolutely no interest till killzone got me into it last year. I though I might as well give it a go because the Sp was pretty short on that too.  I didn't think I would last 1 hour. But in the end I spent 17 days online. Very addictive.

17 days on killzone and 200 hours on this is not even that much compared to most. I would say thats about average or slightly higher. Theres some with over 800 hours on this and over 100 days about 2400 hours on killzone

I bought this game just because of the MP, I knew the SP would be short and not really worth the bother.

It's much better shooting real people than computer AI.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (343 Views)
0 Kudos