88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Noone has a mic?

28 Replies 634 Views Created 23-12-2011

I got bf3 2 days ago and so far not noticed anyone online with a mic, i thought this sort of game was built for mics and comunicating so where all ya mics?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

norman29 wrote:

...i thought this sort of game was built for mics and comunicating...

Tell that to the developers :smileyindifferent:

Re: Noone has a mic?

Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

I find most PS3 users don't have mics in the first place anyway. I can see why it wasn't bundled with the console, as its a terrible design for sitting on your ear, plus it doesn't even work in some games. No cross gaming chat also...Sony seen all of this coming I'm sure. Maybe they'll get it right next Gen.

But to answer your question. The voices break up too much in BF3, to the point that no one uses their mic. Still waiting on a fix.

/16

norman29

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
norman29
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

I find most PS3 users don't have mics in the first place anyway. I can see why it wasn't bundled with the console, as its a terrible design for sitting on your ear, plus it doesn't even work in some games. No cross gaming chat also...Sony seen all of this coming I'm sure. Maybe they'll get it right next Gen.

But to answer your question. The voices break up too much in BF3, to the point that no one uses their mic. Still waiting on a fix.

ah so ive bought yet another broken game this year then that 'will be fixed'

As for your first point though, when playing Uncharted 3 nearly every match ive been in theres been 1 other player with a mic so people do have them.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

norman29 wrote:

As for your first point though, when playing Uncharted 3 nearly every match ive been in theres been 1 other player with a mic so people do have them.

Yeah I know people have them. But you just said at least 1 person has 1. If it was 360, you would most likely have both teams all using mics, or there all in party chat. I've always thought Sony should of bundled a mic into the PS3. 

Even I went & bought the mic for the PS3, but I hardly use it as in some games it doesn't work, or no one else even uses it. It's just a sad thing about the PS3, which is why for the next console, I really hope they nail the social aspect of the console. 

I don't want to see silly keyboards attached to controllers. It should be as easy as sending a voice recorded message.

0 Kudos

/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution
I have a mic but I'm not using it to talk to weird people online, I only use it for co-op. Damn weird people.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

BF3 on 360 also has the same comms problems using the games VIOP. But they have the cross chat as a handy work around. It will get fixed (eventually) Though it does work fine between 2 people, sometimes 3

I've used the Sony head set for over 2 years and its not uncomfortable for me Cringles. At first I didn't like on my right ear but I swapped it round so its on my left ear and its far more comfortable. Sort of forget its there :D. Only had problems with comms using it in BF3 but in all other games its crystal clear. Goner be making an investment in the Sony 7.1 headset :D 

Had some minor issues on BFBC2 would go "gurgly" though not often unlike some I could name :(

Award Winner
/16

ratchet34321

• Award Winner
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ratchet34321
Accepted Solution

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Had some minor issues on BFBC2 would go "gurgly" though not often unlike some I could name :(

A minor issue of living in a underwater city :(

Photobucket

"You can't take the sky from me"

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

ratchet34321 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

A minor issue of living in a underwater city :(

Sounded like you were under a large waterfall at times :lol: 

/16

HickmanBCFC

83%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HickmanBCFC
Accepted Solution

I've got a mic. I'm having the same problem too, no-one else has got one. :(

0 Kudos

/16

nicolaischwartz

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nicolaischwartz
Accepted Solution

I only use my mic when playing with people i know.
Its.. kinda hard for my to just start talking when i can see no one im my squad is having i mic on. I fell like im talking to myself then. :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

/16

SteveyC1986

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SteveyC1986
Accepted Solution

nicolaischwartz wrote:

I only use my mic when playing with people i know.
Its.. kinda hard for my to just start talking when i can see no one im my squad is having i mic on. I fell like im talking to myself then. :smileyindifferent:

You'll be talking to yourself even if your squad has mics with how bad the comms are in BF3.

0 Kudos

Accessible, the word that's been ripping the soul out of every game you used to love.
/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
Alot of people have microphones lol. . . .the thing that's missing are Dice's programming skills.

Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Alot of people have microphones lol. . . .the thing that's missing are Dice's programming skills.

To be f   its n  all  D   fault. 

the increas  com  ity of the    mes they have to ma  .  To be completely fair its a  zing that mo   feat   work as ell as the do.

Its OK for us to compl  without knowing ex   tly how diff  it is but maybe we sh   ld try thinking abou   ho   difficulties they h   ve in making the ga w  at all.

/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution
as everyone's said loads of people have microphones,dont hold your breath for a fix could be a long time waiting,oh well you'll just have to squad up with your buddys in the meanwhile without mics, youll have to wait for a fix for that too
0 Kudos

/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fi8767
Accepted Solution

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:
as everyone's said loads of people have microphones,dont hold your breath for a fix could be a long time waiting,oh well you'll just have to squad up with your buddys in the meanwhile without mics, youll have to wait for a fix for that too

Or you could just use skype ;)

0 Kudos

/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution
ive put the game away its complete rubbish couldn't even spawn on team mates playing hardcore unless your not allowed to spawn on mates on hardcore unlike bfbc2, the games a joke its got so many issues, hey fi if we had cross game chat we could use that but unfortunately the mighty ps3 is incapable of doing that, strange how the psp got skype and the ps3 hasn't.
0 Kudos

/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:
ive put the game away its complete rubbish couldn't even spawn on team mates playing hardcore unless your not allowed to spawn on mates on hardcore unlike bfbc2, the games a joke its got so many issues, hey fi if we had cross game chat we could use that but unfortunately the mighty ps3 is incapable of doing that, strange how the psp got skype and the ps3 hasn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fi8767
Accepted Solution

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:

Not really all that strange. Just due to the PS3 having insufficient RAM for XGC which isn't really sony's fault as at launch 512MB was considered a good amount. however i agree they should have thought of XGC in development :)

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

fi8767 wrote:

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:

Or you could just use skype ;)

No. No no no no no.

If we start doing things like that, like what has happened on PC, its like we are implicitly agreeing that developers dont really need to bother doing comms properly. Yes they do.

SOCOM 1,2,3,CA and confrontation had great comms, pretty much every other game on the Playstation 2 and 3 sucked in some way or other. How we are going backwards in a crucial component of online gaming is beyond me.

0 Kudos

/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution
@Mike939 lol, if gaming continues with the garbage the game developers are releasing with major flaws il have to do that, it did make me laugh though just like last night with some jumped up copper pulling me over for drink driving, i aint drank alcohol for three years, he wasted his time.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel