Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: OPC Battlefield 3 Sundays

Good fun tonight ,except maybe the last one on kharg which seemed to last forever all I seemed to be doing was running from one flag to another without seeing any enemies not sure if we were playing conquest or hide and seek.
Please use plain text.
Message 1131 of 1,998 (307 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

LSD-39 wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

100 people in the clan...6 show up haha. 

Had to leave. I don't enjoy playing matches with people using the MASS, DART or the RPK extended mag exploit. Ye might aswell change your PSN name to ''I'm a *****''.

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight.  

I love that RPK Cringles,  its always been a fave.  Maybe this is a debate for another thread but you'll see from my stats I like the LMG's a lot,  support is my best class because I just hate to run out of ammo.  

Of all the LMG's the RPK is the most stable it has the lowest recoil and is the most manageable.  It really doesn't need a foregrip because that adds an aimed accuracy penalty which outweighs its benefit to horizontal recoil.  No,  this one was built for the bipod.  

The final accessory can be a silencer,  laser or extended mag and I use them all, but the extender makes the most sense for me,  i'd be using it even if it wasn't bugged because its perfect for the gun.  I reckon it should only give 75 rounds like the QBB-95.

Its a low impact bug and nothing like the M26 DART.  

The RPK doesn't get any extra damage or range so it isn't overpowered,  in fact its rate of fire is slower than its counterpart the M27 IAR.  It can only be used by the support class who already have infinite ammo.  Dude if you get owned by the 200 round mag - You'll still get owned by the 75 round version because the reload speed is correct.  

And yes,  i'm still using it,  and yes I still will when they fix the mag to 75 rounds.  I use it because its an awesome gun,  not because DICE messed it up.  No i'm not changing my PSN to "I'm a ****".  Why don't you change yours to 'All I do is complain lately'.  :smileyhappy: 

The only times I've even complained about this exploit, has been the past 2-3 OPC nights were I expect fair play, no matter how big or small the exploit might be. 

It's not a massive bug like the MAV or FRAG rounds. I'd say I've only ever been killed by the +75 bullets on a handful of occasions, cause I've been suppressed & don't know were it's coming from.

I do curse anyone using the shotgun attachments & the DAO:Devil:

Please use plain text.
Message 1132 of 1,998 (286 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

I saw a MAV last night actually being used as a MAV. :smileysurprised: There it was hovering way above the battlefield, spotting and marking.

Please use plain text.
Message 1133 of 1,998 (256 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Kermit1970 wrote:

I saw a MAV last night actually being used as a MAV. :smileysurprised: There it was hovering way above the battlefield, spotting and marking.

Most likely Animavore!

Please use plain text.
Message 1134 of 1,998 (254 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Kermit1970 wrote:

The one on Kharg Island took a few swipes at me :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1135 of 1,998 (248 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Cringles88 wrote:

LSD-39 wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

100 people in the clan...6 show up haha. 

Had to leave. I don't enjoy playing matches with people using the MASS, DART or the RPK extended mag exploit. Ye might aswell change your PSN name to ''I'm a *****''.

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight.  

I love that RPK Cringles,  its always been a fave.  Maybe this is a debate for another thread but you'll see from my stats I like the LMG's a lot,  support is my best class because I just hate to run out of ammo.  

Of all the LMG's the RPK is the most stable it has the lowest recoil and is the most manageable.  It really doesn't need a foregrip because that adds an aimed accuracy penalty which outweighs its benefit to horizontal recoil.  No,  this one was built for the bipod.  

The final accessory can be a silencer,  laser or extended mag and I use them all, but the extender makes the most sense for me,  i'd be using it even if it wasn't bugged because its perfect for the gun.  I reckon it should only give 75 rounds like the QBB-95.

Its a low impact bug and nothing like the M26 DART.  

The RPK doesn't get any extra damage or range so it isn't overpowered,  in fact its rate of fire is slower than its counterpart the M27 IAR.  It can only be used by the support class who already have infinite ammo.  Dude if you get owned by the 200 round mag - You'll still get owned by the 75 round version because the reload speed is correct.  

And yes,  i'm still using it,  and yes I still will when they fix the mag to 75 rounds.  I use it because its an awesome gun,  not because DICE messed it up.  No i'm not changing my PSN to "I'm a ****".  Why don't you change yours to 'All I do is complain lately'.  :smileyhappy: 

The only times I've even complained about this exploit, has been the past 2-3 OPC nights were I expect fair play, no matter how big or small the exploit might be. 

It's not a massive bug like the MAV or FRAG rounds. I'd say I've only ever been killed by the +75 bullets on a handful of occasions, cause I've been suppressed & don't know were it's coming from.

I do curse anyone using the shotgun attachments & the DAO:Devil:

Sorry Cringles, didn't realise the RPK bug ***** you off. I was one of my fav guns even before the glitch.
Please use plain text.
Message 1136 of 1,998 (230 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I was just in a bit of a yapping mood last night. I use the M60 myself with 200 round, but I Rarely use all 200 bullets, I reload quiet often, which I think most people do so the extended mag on any gun wouldn't make a huge difference.

Forgive me lads. Was a big girls blouse!

It's the shotguns that really twist my knickers.
Please use plain text.
Message 1137 of 1,998 (222 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

It was me who ***** you off wasn't it Cringles. :smileysad: Looking at the battlelog, I was the only player using RPK with extended mags on Metro, heh. Just so we're clear, I didn't need the extra rounds to kill you.. or pretty much everybody else that round :smileytongue:

I tend to prefer the M27 1AR on Support because as LSD says, it has a better rate of fire and I find it easier to control the recoil. I switched to the RPK extended mags about 2 or 3 weeks ago during a long battle on Metro where the whole entire enemy team were running around with either M1014, DAO12 or M26 MASS. It was soo annoying running out of ammo at certain times I found that using the RPK the only way to beat them.

Don't really want to give it up either, because I've managed a few of the most amazing triple and quadruple kills with it. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1138 of 1,998 (208 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

NEXT EVENT : SUNDAY MAY 27th @ 8PM

You all know the drill by now :smileytongue:

Server will be OPC server as  usual.  Newbies/lurkers that wish to join, run a search for it at 8pm and jump in.

Make any suggestions for maps and game types below and they'll be noted and applied if popular.

Please use plain text.
Message 1139 of 1,998 (156 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I suggest a suggestion.

1 round, unranked. 12 OPC crew, vs 1 Fish Key...At least that's how I pronounce fski.

But all 12 of us can only use our Knives. We can use vehicles to cross the map quicker, but can't fire tank rounds, throw grenades, or crash Jets into people.

Likewise, Fish Key can't camp inside a tank, or sit way up in the air in a chopper haha.

Who is fski knives, then switches to his team to help him out....It sounded like a better idea in my head, could be fun for 5 minutes.

Please use plain text.
Message 1140 of 1,998 (137 Views)