Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 139

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
27 Mar 2012
By LSD-39

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

488 Replies 1,293 Views Created 27-03-2012
27 Mar 2012
By LSD-39
Mcom attacker and defender ribbons have been adjusted, you only need to blow up or defend 2 in a round for a ribbon, which is much fairer IMO. Suppression assists reduced to 4 from 7 for that ribbon.
Reply
LABELS:
BF3 Stats
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Mike939
Accepted Solution

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

So, I tried putting Flash Suppressors on the LMG's. Didn't really make much difference. Ejected disc. Put disc back in case. Put case back on shelf.

 

To be honest, I got bored of this game ages ago and this patch has done nothing to make me want to play it again.

 

I have no idea how you all haven't got bored of the tedium of this game yet.


Why not just use something other than LMGs?

View solution in original post

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
08
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

Cloudy's aiming looked fine to me, he saved my skin a few times. :Lol:

 

I like the change to the suppresive perk, nice little advantage it gives when you put down some fire on somebody and not have to worry as much about them turning round and killing  you with a couple of shots.

 

Destroyed 4 tanks and 2 choppers on Kharg Island which is the most I've destroyed in 1 round. I know that might seem like a quiet day at the office for some people around here but I am pretty pleased with that. :smileyhappy: Great fun last night.

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

A mended<

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
10
/16

nerdlegend

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
96%
10 Rank
Progress
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution

:D it was me who did that cloud. See more then one way to take down a tank. Just need to be creative :D

 

I did fire a shell at him but my cannon could not hit him again. My rear was facing him so i decided to ram him off into the river. Put it into reverse and foot down. 

 



 

Note don't fire when your being blured or being fired at. Your shots go all over the place :D 

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution
Lolz, another hidden gem from the patch is the 200 round extended mag on the RPK, thats got to be a mistake, no matter which squad spec you use, you always get at least one spare mag so even using COVR or EXPL you still get 200/200 for the gun LMAO! :D

Its not even a drum shaped mag, yet it pays out more ammo than a belt box LMG. With the foregrip or bipod this is now officially the best performing support gun - until they fix it of course.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution
The 200 round extended mag on the RPK reloads at the same speed as a normal 45 round mag lol.

RPK with COVR spec is the new USAS!! that doesn't mean i'm not using it though, I had stars on this gun before it became nooby. Just finished my nemesis medal on Metro with it :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
09
/16

randygoodlove

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
93%
09 Rank
Progress
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution
I've not noticed the extended mag on it, cheers LSD :)

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution
Its a pretty cool setup for people who don't like the other LMG's after the patch, i'm using the bipod, extended mag and the COVR spec. I don't think it really needs the foregrip because it doesn't have much horizontal recoil anyway - and the little it does have is equal left & right and not using the grip saves you the aimed accuracy penalty.

Plus if you do find somewhere to deploy the bipod (which they've made much easier now) then the RPK shoots like a laser beam lol. Can't tell for sure if the 200 mag was a mistake until they patch it out, but there's a load of other weird stuff too, like why did the QBB-95 and MG36 clip LMG's get heavy barrels? The QBB-95 obviously doesn't need the extra projectile speed as its already one of the fastest in the game. Looks like they didn't check everything beforehand, not that i'm complaining, I already had 3 stars on the RPK, its always been a good gun.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:
Its a pretty cool setup for people who don't like the other LMG's after the patch, i'm using the bipod, extended mag and the COVR spec. I don't think it really needs the foregrip because it doesn't have much horizontal recoil anyway - and the little it does have is equal left & right and not using the grip saves you the aimed accuracy penalty.

Plus if you do find somewhere to deploy the bipod (which they've made much easier now) then the RPK shoots like a laser beam lol. Can't tell for sure if the 200 mag was a mistake until they patch it out, but there's a load of other weird stuff too, like why did the QBB-95 and MG36 clip LMG's get heavy barrels? The QBB-95 obviously doesn't need the extra projectile speed as its already one of the fastest in the game. Looks like they didn't check everything beforehand, not that i'm complaining, I already had 3 stars on the RPK, its always been a good gun.

MG36 can have a heavy barrel as an attachment 

 

Isn't that what makes an MG36 an MG36 in the first place and not simply a G36 :Stupid:

 

Well and some other slight changes, but in a nut shell isn't that the difference between a G36 and an MG36? Same for the QBB-95 (QBZ-95),  M27 (M416), RPK (AK74M, L86 (when released) (L85)

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

LSD-39 wrote:
Its a pretty cool setup for people who don't like the other LMG's after the patch, i'm using the bipod, extended mag and the COVR spec. I don't think it really needs the foregrip because it doesn't have much horizontal recoil anyway - and the little it does have is equal left & right and not using the grip saves you the aimed accuracy penalty.

Plus if you do find somewhere to deploy the bipod (which they've made much easier now) then the RPK shoots like a laser beam lol. Can't tell for sure if the 200 mag was a mistake until they patch it out, but there's a load of other weird stuff too, like why did the QBB-95 and MG36 clip LMG's get heavy barrels? The QBB-95 obviously doesn't need the extra projectile speed as its already one of the fastest in the game. Looks like they didn't check everything beforehand, not that i'm complaining, I already had 3 stars on the RPK, its always been a good gun.

MG36 can have a heavy barrel as an attachment 

 

Isn't that what makes an MG36 an MG36 in the first place and not simply a G36 :Stupid:

 

Well and some other slight changes, but in a nut shell isn't that the difference between a G36 and an MG36? Same for the QBB-95 (QBZ-95),  M27 (M416), RPK (AK74M, L86 (when released) (L85)




Yeah lol, it has to be a mistake, if the HBar on those guns works as advertised it'll push the max damage range right up.

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

LSD-39 wrote:
Its a pretty cool setup for people who don't like the other LMG's after the patch, i'm using the bipod, extended mag and the COVR spec. I don't think it really needs the foregrip because it doesn't have much horizontal recoil anyway - and the little it does have is equal left & right and not using the grip saves you the aimed accuracy penalty.

Plus if you do find somewhere to deploy the bipod (which they've made much easier now) then the RPK shoots like a laser beam lol. Can't tell for sure if the 200 mag was a mistake until they patch it out, but there's a load of other weird stuff too, like why did the QBB-95 and MG36 clip LMG's get heavy barrels? The QBB-95 obviously doesn't need the extra projectile speed as its already one of the fastest in the game. Looks like they didn't check everything beforehand, not that i'm complaining, I already had 3 stars on the RPK, its always been a good gun.

MG36 can have a heavy barrel as an attachment 

 

Isn't that what makes an MG36 an MG36 in the first place and not simply a G36 :Stupid:

 

Well and some other slight changes, but in a nut shell isn't that the difference between a G36 and an MG36? Same for the QBB-95 (QBZ-95),  M27 (M416), RPK (AK74M, L86 (when released) (L85)




Yeah lol, it has to be a mistake, if the HBar on those guns works as advertised it'll push the max damage range right up.

Well when the next patch comes out I can't wait for the extended mags on the MP412 REX and .44 :D 

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
09
/16

randygoodlove

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
93%
09 Rank
Progress
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:
Its a pretty cool setup for people who don't like the other LMG's after the patch, i'm using the bipod, extended mag and the COVR spec. I don't think it really needs the foregrip because it doesn't have much horizontal recoil anyway - and the little it does have is equal left & right and not using the grip saves you the aimed accuracy penalty.

Plus if you do find somewhere to deploy the bipod (which they've made much easier now) then the RPK shoots like a laser beam lol. Can't tell for sure if the 200 mag was a mistake until they patch it out, but there's a load of other weird stuff too, like why did the QBB-95 and MG36 clip LMG's get heavy barrels? The QBB-95 obviously doesn't need the extra projectile speed as its already one of the fastest in the game. Looks like they didn't check everything beforehand, not that i'm complaining, I already had 3 stars on the RPK, its always been a good gun.
When I was using the RPK the other day, I thought I had the foregrip still as an attachment it was pretty stable

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Shox121

  • Offline
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Shox121
Accepted Solution
It's a pity they can't release a patch to make me a good pilot!!!
Apoligies to nerdy and mrigloo for my very noobish (but brilliantly funny) crash that killed us all.
Plus I managed to suicide with the Javelin today. A brand new low for me..... Although in my head it's a new high!!!

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
09
/16

Cringles88

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

Despite all my yapping. I'm coming round to the support class. Just have to adjust my play style. It's quite fun setting up a LMG nest in a window & mowing people down from a distance.

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

Despite all my yapping. I'm coming round to the support class. Just have to adjust my play style. It's quite fun setting up a LMG nest in a window & mowing people down from a distance.


Maybe if you did less yapping I might have done less tagging :p

 

  • 3 cringles
  • 2 nerdlegend (plus 1 quick stab)
  • 2 tommouk
  • loads of randoms 

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Cloudburst--

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
Came up against someone called Firekilled cheating tonight in the viper!

NONE of our team isla's would lock on. And when it did he had infinite flares! He went something like 25-2. Gonna report him

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Shox121

  • Offline
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Shox121
Accepted Solution
You grabbed my tags today also Mr I. :(

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Si_VII

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Si_VII
Accepted Solution

OMG they put in a quit button!!

 

something that should have been since launch.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Cloudburst--

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
OMG MR INCONSPICOUS YOU'D HAVE BEEN PROUD!!!

Was playing with my friend tonight. Driving with thermals. . .and he was gunner. . .I swear it was awesome on Canals. We were untouchable!!! I kept spotting and killing and the driver of their choppers was STUPID. . .always flying low trying to blow me up. . TWICE I just aimed and shot him (no lock on. . .just aiming a bit above the chopper and firing) and getting triple and double kills for it!!!. Got taken out with a jav once when all three at a flag shot us :D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/38781190/4/201048972/

Next game got a star for my shotgun! And laser, and light, and 12G and INRV :D

Went 44-15. . .was like a 600-600 game. Lasted AGES and was brilliant.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/38787593/4/201048972/

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Cloudburst--

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
Anyone know if my new 12G Slug is better than the 12G Flechette?

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Anyone know if my new 12G Slug is better than the 12G Flechette?


Its complicated.

The slugs have been buffed a lot and are better if you like to aim down the sight before you fire. It has long range, but fired from the hip it could go anywhere within the white circle on your TV screen. The flechette darts are better for close range if fired from the hip without aiming, although they will tighten up a little if you do aim. They have great penetration and will kill the guy you're aiming at + his friend standing behind him.

The slug fired from the M26 or the 870 pump action does 100 damage out to 15 metres, the slug from anything else does 75 damage out to 15 metres, after that distance the damage drops. Both the pump and semi-automatic slugs now benefit from the 1.25x damage modifier to the chest, so even a slug from a DAO or Saiga within 15 metres hitting the chest will do 93.75 damage. Which is still a 2 shot kill.

Basically the slugs are 2 shot kills up close (within 15M) and 3 shots beyond that, unless its the Pump/M26 version - which is 1 up close and 3 long range. Thats all based on the new patch data from the PC files but it isn't officially confirmed yet. Credit for the data goes to Symthic. :)

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

LSD-39

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution
Sorry Mr I - You posted an answer to his question whilst I was writing mine with the PS3 browser, which took me ages lol. :)

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

Must of been horrible typing that out on the PS3 :(

Re: Patch is live, V1.04 1080mb

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel