11 Jul 2012
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Rate a Server

15 Replies 389 Views Created 11-07-2012

I have asked Battlefield via twitter about this

They said it can be open to abuse, someone suggested like/dislike or a place to comment on a server.

Any other ideas??

I believe admins have too much power over servers, the abilty to ban/ kick a player that are performing better than them is just plain cheating. The system of reporting these servers is floored. A quick look at the server before joining to see negitive/ positive feedback would be very helpful.

I got suspended for sending a abusive message to a guy for banning us from their clan server for being better than them, which is fair enough I was out of order for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (389 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Rate a Server

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I agree with EVERYTHING you have stated in this thread, and I feel your frustration, especially when you join with your friends to be a "Squad" but then get separated because you're better than the Admin or his team?

Anyway, regarding the rating bit, I would not hold your breath on this, as EA or DICE are far too concerned and preoccupied with making as much money as possible to give us any power over the Admins that are Paying rent for the servers.

I would rather they have fixed the broken things in the game before demanding yet more money from us in the form of Servers, Premium / DLC etc.

I want to have Fun, Screw anything related to Gaming Stats, or what anyone else thinks they should be for that matter.
 photo 140182777129261427468-mini_zpse129d2a9.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Rating servers lead to abuse? What about the current admin abuse that's completely ruining the experience of the game for many people. Eurogamer even did a big article about how rented servers are destroying the game.

Some servers are great, but the bad far outway the good in my experience. Silly Studio is silly. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (369 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Great idea Randy,  at the end of a game you should be able to leave a rating.  

I saw a server description today that stated a long list of rules,  but then added that the Admins were not subject to the same restrictions,  literally one rule for us and another for them lol.  

Recently I played a 1 v 1 on close quarters Ziba Tower,  after dominating the map in the first couple of minutes against the Admin,  he swapped us around so he held all my flags and I held none :smileyvery-happy:  If someone has to do that just to win I pity them.

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (349 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Maybe they could add something like a server 'stats' preview somewhere on the info screen before you join.

Would have stuff like number of players played in past xx hours, total number kicked, total banned, peak time popularity and whatever else might be relevant. DICE might have that kind of information collated somewhere their end so can't be a bad thing to publicise it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (334 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

I think they should let you know a server hosts home address so you can go visit them and see how they like to be kicked repeatedly :smileyvery-happy:

|¬_¬|™
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (330 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

It's got to the point where I check who the admin of the server is and then check who is joined on the server to see if the admin is in the lobby; if they are, I tend to not
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (329 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

If there were more official servers then I'd be more sceptical of the idea. As it is, with privately rented servers far outnumbering DICE's ones, it's far harder to avoid players' servers so I'd support a system that allows you to give visible feedback on 'em.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (314 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Dannehkins wrote:
It's got to the point where I check who the admin of the server is and then check who is joined on the server to see if the admin is in the lobby; if they are, I tend to not

i have been doing the same as most of the time when theres an admin in a server and i kill him it results in a kick..it just shows what a sorry state private servers have left this game in.. :smileysad:

i wouldn't mind a server rating system,as most would want to have a 5 star server so im sure it would stop alot of the non justifiable kicks/bans..(killing admin)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have my own server and I do have rules for it which is clearly on the description bit for the server. Luckly I have had only kicked about 4 players as they repeatedly broke the rules even after the warning I give out.

I have been in other servers with clear rules and I have followed them only to be kicked because they where getting killed so they changed their mind on my weapon of choice for that game. For example one server had all the semi auto shotguns banned so i used the 870 with buckshot(frags are not cool) and thought nothing about it as the other team had players using it. I killed loads then got kicked and got sent a message saying "sorry" I asked why I was kicked and the admin said it was a "misunderstanding as the 870 used to be legal"I rejoined the server only to find out the other side still had players using the 870 and some had the heavy barrel dart combo glitch at that time. Oh yeah my clan mate was kicked too for C4ing which was not against the rules.

One thing I hate is servers that have no rules then you get kicked for breaking a so called rule which comes out of the blue. I do not cheat or use frags or dart.

Ranking servers might be a good idea but then again it could be a bad one as some players will just give bad votes as they deserved to be kicked but servers that clearly have admins that twist the rules so they can win needs to be found out.

Not only that I believe some players will give bad votes because their team get's beaten or they get killed to much.

I prefer word of mouth in finding a good server.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (246 Views)