14 Mar 2010
Playstation Staff

Remove M-Com Damage?

18 Replies 445 Views Created 14-03-2010

I don't know if this is going to be a very popular suggestion but it's something that's starting to annoy me a little so i'll just put it out there.

Doesn't being able to destroy enemy M-Com's by damaging them completely contradict the whole point of Rush? I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of my team completely outplaying the opposing team yet they are still able to win (or at least hugely increase their chances of doing so) because they've got 5 snipers sat at their base constantly calling in Mortar Strikes on the buildings with our M-Coms inside!

There's no real way to defend against it given the amount of time they have to destroy them. Sooner or later the barrage of Mortars is going to destroy it and your helpless to stop it.

For example: I was playing Africa Harbour and the enemy team destroyed our first pair of M-Coms (one of which was by constant tank and mortar fire) so then we have to defend the next set of two. On Africa Harbour the next pair only one (M-Com B) can be destroyed by damage as the other is inside a garage. So I made it my mission to protect B as best as I could and I did a good job. I didn't let anyone get anywhere close to arming it yet they still managed to destroy it by Mortar Strike damage despite being completely outplayed!

I can't remember if they went on to win that match or not but it frustrated me that it was impossible for me to stop that M-Com being destroyed. It's starting to happen alot more often now as people have learnt that arming M-Coms isn't the only way to destroy them. There are even some maps where almost all M-Coms can be destroyed by damage (i'm looking at you night-time map)

Anyone agree, disagree or couldn't care less?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (445 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Remove M-Com Damage?

It does seem to defeat the object of rushing, that's for sure...but whether it needs removing I'm not sure. Maybe a way to repair M-COM Stations?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (441 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Allowing a repair tool to repair it would fix all those problems
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (437 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Do you get damage points in BC2? I blast away at the M-Com's and never get anything unlike the Gold Crates in BC1, were I'd get 30xp for a certain amount of damage.

I am Painis Cupcake! I will eat you!

Cecil_the_Vort Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (435 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Back in the BETA, Engineers could completely repair M-COM stations using their Repair Tools. I don't know why the hell they removed that in the full game, it really unbalances things.

Cecil_the_Vort wrote:

Do you get damage points in BC2? I blast away at the M-Com's and never get anything unlike the Gold Crates in BC1, were I'd get 30xp for a certain amount of damage.

Yes, you get points for damaging enemy M-COM stations (and points deducted for damaging friendly M-COM stations). But you have to cause a substantial amount of damage to get those points.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Being able to repair it would be good. It's certainly starting ruin alot of games for me. Almost every game i've played tonight has been  me pointlessly trying to defend M-Coms.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (423 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Wouldn't really fix the problem of being able to collapse the building they are situated in though would it, I think all M-com stations should've or maybe could be situated in non fully distructable buildings, a tank with the warhead upgrade can flatten a building in no time at all, I know, I've done it. It make me feel so cheap but it does work far too effectively as with bush baby camper recon mortar strikes grrrr.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

CAL1973 wrote:

Wouldn't really fix the problem of being able to collapse the building they are situated in though would it, I think all M-com stations should've or maybe could be situated in non fully distructable buildings, a tank with the warhead upgrade can flatten a building in no time at all, I know, I've done it. It make me feel so cheap but it does work far too effectively as with bush baby camper recon mortar strikes grrrr.

But not all M-COMS are in collapsible buildings

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (356 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

what if you launch a artilery strike on the sniper nest?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think the number of mortar strikes should be restricted (I've not levelled up that far so don't know if it the case already). But I'm a bit bored of losing to constant mortar strikes. It just makes the game so boring when the enemy can sit back and do sweet F.A other then mortars.
GD Trophy Hoarders Sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (329 Views)
0 Kudos