96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Remove M-Com Damage?

18 Replies 474 Views Created 14-03-2010

I don't know if this is going to be a very popular suggestion but it's something that's starting to annoy me a little so i'll just put it out there.

Doesn't being able to destroy enemy M-Com's by damaging them completely contradict the whole point of Rush? I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of my team completely outplaying the opposing team yet they are still able to win (or at least hugely increase their chances of doing so) because they've got 5 snipers sat at their base constantly calling in Mortar Strikes on the buildings with our M-Coms inside!

There's no real way to defend against it given the amount of time they have to destroy them. Sooner or later the barrage of Mortars is going to destroy it and your helpless to stop it.

For example: I was playing Africa Harbour and the enemy team destroyed our first pair of M-Coms (one of which was by constant tank and mortar fire) so then we have to defend the next set of two. On Africa Harbour the next pair only one (M-Com B) can be destroyed by damage as the other is inside a garage. So I made it my mission to protect B as best as I could and I did a good job. I didn't let anyone get anywhere close to arming it yet they still managed to destroy it by Mortar Strike damage despite being completely outplayed!

I can't remember if they went on to win that match or not but it frustrated me that it was impossible for me to stop that M-Com being destroyed. It's starting to happen alot more often now as people have learnt that arming M-Coms isn't the only way to destroy them. There are even some maps where almost all M-Coms can be destroyed by damage (i'm looking at you night-time map)

Anyone agree, disagree or couldn't care less?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

R_07

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
R_07
Accepted Solution
It does seem to defeat the object of rushing, that's for sure...but whether it needs removing I'm not sure. Maybe a way to repair M-COM Stations?
0 Kudos

Re: Remove M-Com Damage?

/16

Cole111

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cole111
Accepted Solution
Allowing a repair tool to repair it would fix all those problems
0 Kudos

/16

Cecil_the_Vort

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cecil_the_Vort
Accepted Solution

Do you get damage points in BC2? I blast away at the M-Com's and never get anything unlike the Gold Crates in BC1, were I'd get 30xp for a certain amount of damage.

0 Kudos

I am Painis Cupcake! I will eat you!

Cecil_the_Vort Trophy Card
/16

dotCody

75%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dotCody
Accepted Solution

Back in the BETA, Engineers could completely repair M-COM stations using their Repair Tools. I don't know why the hell they removed that in the full game, it really unbalances things.

Cecil_the_Vort wrote:

Do you get damage points in BC2? I blast away at the M-Com's and never get anything unlike the Gold Crates in BC1, were I'd get 30xp for a certain amount of damage.

Yes, you get points for damaging enemy M-COM stations (and points deducted for damaging friendly M-COM stations). But you have to cause a substantial amount of damage to get those points.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

UK-Danny

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
UK-Danny
Accepted Solution

Being able to repair it would be good. It's certainly starting ruin alot of games for me. Almost every game i've played tonight has been  me pointlessly trying to defend M-Coms.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

CAL1973

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CAL1973
Accepted Solution

Wouldn't really fix the problem of being able to collapse the building they are situated in though would it, I think all M-com stations should've or maybe could be situated in non fully distructable buildings, a tank with the warhead upgrade can flatten a building in no time at all, I know, I've done it. It make me feel so cheap but it does work far too effectively as with bush baby camper recon mortar strikes grrrr.

0 Kudos

/16

Cole111

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cole111
Accepted Solution

CAL1973 wrote:

Wouldn't really fix the problem of being able to collapse the building they are situated in though would it, I think all M-com stations should've or maybe could be situated in non fully distructable buildings, a tank with the warhead upgrade can flatten a building in no time at all, I know, I've done it. It make me feel so cheap but it does work far too effectively as with bush baby camper recon mortar strikes grrrr.

But not all M-COMS are in collapsible buildings

/16

hybrid-leader

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hybrid-leader
Accepted Solution
what if you launch a artilery strike on the sniper nest?
0 Kudos

/16

shooby337

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shooby337
Accepted Solution
I think the number of mortar strikes should be restricted (I've not levelled up that far so don't know if it the case already). But I'm a bit bored of losing to constant mortar strikes. It just makes the game so boring when the enemy can sit back and do sweet F.A other then mortars.
0 Kudos

GD Trophy Hoarders Sig
/16

CAL1973

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CAL1973
Accepted Solution
Really, I must've forgotten to take my anti-stupid pills again, I'm obviously talking about the ones that are in fully destructable buildings.
0 Kudos

/16
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RadioactiveMouse
Accepted Solution

I think the buildings should stay destructible regardless of the MCOM being inside. I do however think that the mortar strikes effectiveness on buildings should be reduced as it does get very annoying with constant mortar barrages and no people running in assaulting the crates :|

One thing that the mortar strikes do suck at, is crate damage. I was trying to take out the last little bit of damage on the crate (1st base Valparadiso crate B) and I could've sworn that there was no difference at all!!

EDIT : Massively bad spelling

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dah Dah Dah RadioactiveMouse :P
/16

digitalxspace

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
digitalxspace
Accepted Solution

Unless you bring down the building the crate is in then tanks, mortars or grenades dont really do much damage at all. I managed with the help of a mate to destroy a mcom from the building next door. We pounded the walls down till we could see the crate and just constantly hit it with the grenade launcher. Easily took about 20 rounds each and took ages, we also took out the odd person who came to investigate.

The same with a tank it takes forever. Its all down to good teamwork and tactics as you can easily take out a tank or person attacking them. I think the damage should stay, its how it was designed and adds a little extra to the game when defending as you have to think and account for all the possibilities.

0 Kudos

/16

fleinn

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fleinn
Accepted Solution
@digitalxspace. Pretty much. ..I'm just grateful the game wasn't made by Zipper. If it was, the "damage fix" would've been implemented as we speak..
0 Kudos

/16

Daytraders

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Daytraders
Accepted Solution

simple fix and this goes for all the sniper game problems out there, limit 2 sniper kits max to each side, like they do for bf2 project reality mod works great and a great ideal i think.

0 Kudos

/16

trum

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
trum
Accepted Solution

lol, if it's not one thing it's another that people moan about....

How about changing your defending tactics? if you have snipers sitting back mortering then get in there and get at them..... once you kill the same sniper 2-3 times if they have any sense they'll spawn with a different kit.

Snipers are always tending to hide up in the same places so again just hit those places hard and with anyluck the amount of mortar fire being dropped should reduce.

Snipers hate up close firefights so get in there faces or mortar there spots back.

I can't see the game ever being changed nor imo needing to be because of tactics used by attacking teams, plenty of tactics could be changed whilst defending.

0 Kudos

/16

UK-Danny

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
UK-Danny
Accepted Solution

trum wrote:

How about changing your defending tactics? if you have snipers sitting back mortering then get in there and get at them..... once you kill the same sniper 2-3 times if they have any sense they'll spawn with a different kit.

Snipers are always tending to hide up in the same places so again just hit those places hard and with anyluck the amount of mortar fire being dropped should reduce.

Snipers hate up close firefights so get in there faces or mortar there spots back.

I can't see the game ever being changed nor imo needing to be because of tactics used by attacking teams, plenty of tactics could be changed whilst defending.

You can't defend against it, period. Me running into their spawn and killing the 5 or so snipers Mortaring our M-Coms isn't going to stop them, why would it? They clearly know what they're doing is going to destroy our M-Coms at some point so why just because they died a couple of times would they stop? That's the whole objective when attacking, to destroy M-Coms, and if you can do that whilst sat in the safety of your base then as far as im concerned that's too easy.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution
i've mixed feelings over this. yeah it's sad when people hide and mortar from afar, but on the other side you can give them a taste of their own medicine. however, i never play like that. they're is no fun it bombing the mcom from afar. much better to get in the thick of things and do it the old fashioned way.

but at the end of the day i think d.i.c.e. need to adjust it some how so as not to favour the attacking team too much.
0 Kudos

Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted! | Community Twitch Channel

Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
/16

shooby337

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shooby337
Accepted Solution

trum wrote:

I love doing that. The majority of the time they don't even know your there because they are so busy looking through their scopes they don't see whats going on around them.

I took out 3 snipers at the same spot on Panama Canal. 2 of which I shot and the 3rd sniper didn't see me light up on the mini map like a xmas tree, So for his stupidity he got a knife in the back.

Then yesterday on Arica Harbor I took out another 3 on the hills (all with the knife just for the fun). I then ran and hid in some rocks then a minute later one of them came back. So I killed him again. Yet he still came back again. I think he got the message the 3rd time.

0 Kudos

GD Trophy Hoarders Sig
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel