94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Suppressed L96 question

33 Replies 704 Views Created 14-12-2012

Trying my hand at a bit of sniping (instead of constantly being an engineer) and i quite like the feel of the L96, and i would prefer it to be suppressed as i will most likely adopt an aggressive more up close style of sniping. But after trying it out with the suppressor fitted it seems to lose so much damage that it was taking 2 good low to medium range headshots to kill an enemy. Is this right? is the suppressor drastically reducing the damage output of this weapon so much that it now takes 2 headshots to kill someone. i was getting a few headshots kills without the suppressor so i have removed the suppressor for now.

I'm certainly no sniper, so if i actually get a headshot in, i want the mutha to go down.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Corvus9

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Corvus9
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:

The real aggressive recon in this game isn't in the recon class,  its in the support class.  

The AS-VAL has the 0.0 initial aimed accuracy of a sniper rifle,  has the long range damage of an assault rifle (6 shots max to kill),  fires at 900rpm like a sub machine gun,  has a 0.5 first shot multiplier and burns through ammo so fast you'll have to play support class to use it effectively

The aimed accuracy figure applies when aiming down the sight and standing still,  that's when this gun performs best but as you get used to it ( I'm in the top 0% with this weapon ) you can fire between sprinting.  

The 0.5 first shot multiplier means the first shot you fire recoils only half the normal amount,  which means a very small amount of recoil for the first 2 bullets,  they are always going to hit.  The trick to AS-VAL mastery is short bursts of two or three rounds.  Its a similar trigger style to how you use your SKS - tap tap tap.

Oh and it has a built in silencer,  works well with the Xmag and your choice of scope.  Overall,  its silent, fast,  great for long range work,  but if you do have a close range contact it performs well.

Yeah the AS-VAL is another really good weapon, it sure does burn through some ammo though, and as you say "you'll have to play support class to use it effectively", however i use this gun when i'm playing Recon as i have faith that the support players will keep me adequately supplied with ammo.....Ha.....Ha Ha.....Ha Ha Ha.....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorry about that.......couldn't stop.......laughing.

0 Kudos

Re: Suppressed L96 question

/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

Anyway,  Merry Christmas guys :)  

Good luck with the job Mr. I,  have a great new year & stay safe.  

See you all soon. 

0 Kudos

BF3 Stats
/16

Corvus9

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Corvus9
Accepted Solution

Yeah thanks for all the advice guys, happy holidays and have a good one.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

Corvus9 wrote:

Yeah the AS-VAL is another really good weapon, it sure does burn through some ammo though, and as you say "you'll have to play support class to use it effectively", however i use this gun when i'm playing Recon as i have faith that the support players will keep me adequately supplied with ammo.....Ha.....Ha Ha.....Ha Ha Ha.....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Pro tip: Spawn as a Support, chuck down an ammo crate in a strategic place. Respawn as Recon when/If someone takes you out. You'll now have ammo, and hopefully keep your sanity :p

Merry Christmas.

0 Kudos

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

Cimbrer wrote:

Corvus9 wrote:

Pro tip: Spawn as a Support, chuck down an ammo crate in a strategic place. Respawn as Recon when/If someone takes you out. You'll now have ammo, and hopefully keep your sanity :p

Merry Christmas.

Some times when I am having a good ol' Tommy Tank I say to myself, "theres an ammo crate there"...... KABOOOOOM*. "not any more there isn't

*said in the style of Tank Dempsey from CoD Zombies :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAGeFx0wOM

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

randygoodlove

• Beta Tester
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution
SKS or M417 with holo sights I find the best for close support sniping, stick down a TUGS and pop heads :)
0 Kudos

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

randygoodlove wrote:
SKS or M417 with holo sights I find the best for close support sniping, stick down a TUGS and pop heads :)

Here is a picture of me at Army Training Centre Pirbright, 2 Army Training Regiment, D-Company, Inkerman Platoon with a HK417 :Sniper: In week 12 of my phase one army training in a perfect demonstration of the standing alert position :D With Gene Simmons tactical face paint.

527060_483250415035757_1107681216_n.jpg

For the nerds of the forum you'll notice the lates vesion of the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight with its 3 different sight options which is not availiable in BF3 

And here is a pitcure of the mighty Inkerman Platoon, with the D-Compamy flash delployed at F.O.B, Alexander on Final Fling

418275_482327391794726_1980472981_n.jpg

And well my heroic picture :D Cammoed up to the max :D with Hayley (my L85A2 rifle) Everybody names there rilfe :lol:

524544_488199317874200_1922918834_n.jpg

[ Edited ]
/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

Great pics mate.  

So the cammo facepaint in the first pic is so you can blend invisibly into the background at a rock concert?  they really think of everything don't they.  :D 

0 Kudos

BF3 Stats
Beta Tester
/16

randygoodlove

• Beta Tester
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution
Have you just fallen out of a bush?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StuR328
Accepted Solution

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

For the nerds of the forum you'll notice the lates vesion of the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight with its 3 different sight options which is not availiable in BF3 

thats you :D no-one else.

|¬_¬|™
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

StuR328 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

thats you :D no-one else.

True :(

*runs away crying at a pace that the friengly huggable Lombax can catch me*

0 Kudos

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

That was just before a covert SAS mission at Kiss gig. Obviously I was on over watch while they tailed their target 

Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution

Aggressive recons should be using a semi auto or PDW
The increase in spread due to suppression it kills you. Also kills the sniper class and makes it pretty random.

And SKS has pretty easy recoil

Hai ^_ ^

Maybe you see me again soon.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel