30 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

XD Private Server Idea?!?

53 Replies 243 Views Created 30-03-2012

I was thinking about getting XD a private server!

If i was to do this, would any one here be interested in having access to it?

At this moment in time im not too sure if i am going to get one, im just curious if any you friendly peeps would be interested in using it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 54 (243 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: XD Private Server Idea?!?

I'm sure there would be interest in it. Do you know how customisable the servers are?

For example could a knifes and nades only server be set up
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 54 (239 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hmmm im not too sure, i will have a look into it... but i know you can alter the playlist, number of tickets, number of players, but weapon restricting im not too sure, but im sure a gentlemens agreement could be set up lol...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 54 (237 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Yeah I'm thinking of renting one too, some platoon action could work well!

I'm interested and your more than welcome to my sever, if I get one.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 54 (233 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Thanks....

Im just thinking things through and discussing how we will split the bill between XD members lol....

I was thinking leaving it open for XD and PS Forum users and, obviously locking it for Specific events and matches!

But i just dont know right now :Confused:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 54 (231 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I played on a random server yesterday, it was ''hand guns & knives'' only..Although you could still use machine guns & everything else, so I'm not sure if you can disable things, or is it a case of just adding a ''don't do this in game. If you are reported, I will ban you'' message. It did say ''you will be banned if you don't use only knives & handguns''...

I did ''accidentally'' kills someone with a grenade, but I never got kicked...I'll add that it was also the most boring game I've ever played. Your think handguns & knives would be ''fun''..It's after 5 minutes, just boring.

I've love a server that rotated every single map, & also rotated either CQ or Rush on every map....DICE can't even do that. I'm suspicious that their ''map roation'' which isn't great, was done on purpose in hope that people would buy their own servers to set up better server set ups.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 54 (223 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

If it's made private the games are then unranked, for anyone thinking of boosting... Ha
Yesterday I hit a random server and it was 1750 ticket start on conquest metro...
Killlllll Feeeeest :-)
Nearly a full rank up from that one game, granted it lasted just over an hour but - dam that game was fun, from owning to back foot so many times and felt so much more like real war!!
It's that game that's making me think of renting a server I want more.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 54 (221 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
I'm not sure if high tickets on big conquest maps is a good idea, twice its frozen my PS3. I'm not sure how well the console memory handles large amounts of accumulated damage over extended periods of time from the frostbite 2 engine. Maybe they were just random freezes though. Its worse though if you've invested a high score in a longer game - only to lose everything.
BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 54 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I played a 1000 ticket game last night and it was pretty good, but they should be renamed 'Get kicked if you are better than the admin' Servers :\
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 54 (202 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Was thinking about enquiring about an OPC server - I asked Vissy if it's something that SCEE would be willing to support and he said it'd have to be proposed to higher ups and that.

The best way to find out would be to see how many people are interested I guess, and go from there: i.e., how it's paid for, settings, rental duration.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 54 (190 Views)