Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: battlefield 3 exclusive ps3 version

1943 as stated by patrick bach at e3 on release it was an experiment to inject to the community to get ppl interested in battlefield franchise again. They didnt expect it to take off as successfully as it did. Unfortunatly the 1st blog entry anouncing battlefield 3 stated they are no longer supporting the product with dlc or a pc version as they are looking to the future of battlefield with battlefield 3 development.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

skywarp00 wrote:
1943 as stated by patrick bach at e3 on release it was an experiment to inject to the community to get ppl interested in battlefield franchise again. They didnt expect it to take off as successfully as it did. Unfortunatly the 1st blog entry anouncing battlefield 3 stated they are no longer supporting the product with dlc or a pc version as they are looking to the future of battlefield with battlefield 3 development.

Its a damn shame too. It would be nice to see DICE/EA release a pack of say 3 maps for 1943 between the major BF game releases. Kinda like a little filler after your bored of the current BF game and are waiting for the next one.

I guess bit like how 1943 filled the gap between BC1 & BC2.

Maybe a BF:1944 game which uses the new BF3 engine will emerge. If not on consoles maybe a PC mod group will make one....(dreams away)  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

adding maps isnt as easy as ya think and requires patch injection on the game, lengthy process for consoles....one of the Battlefield devs wrote on the forums on the process a while back...and man it was daunting what they have to go through to release dlc.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15 (188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

it would make sense if they did a a HD remake of 1942 as it was what started the whole battlefield franchise off in the 1st place. like they did with the latest medal of honor game. but really who is gonna play 1943 or 1942 when you have BATTLEFIELD 3 sat infront of you lol

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15 (140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Anyone who likes flying WWII prop planes....

I haven't played BF3 (I know can you believe it) but I'll guess the planes are much the same as those in BF2 which IMO were way toooo fast for the map sizes which made flying them pointless..

BF1942/43 got the flying just right, one reason to buy a remake for me. Not only that but both 1943/42 are still played an awful lot on their respective platforms... A HD 1942 remake would sell like hot cakes - I'd even choose it over BF3 if it was a full remake of the original.

That's just me mind you but I'm very sure there are others...
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15 (134 Views)
0 Kudos