19 Dec 2011
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

battlefield 3 melee problem

7 Replies 3,242 Views Created 19-12-2011

hi, just got battlefield 3 and we are having continuing problems with getting melee to work. it flashes up on screen to press r1 and when we do nothing happens. we just die. we are now stuck on the capture the nuke carrier bit because after hammering the circle button the r1 bit doesnt work for us? does anyone have any tips? could there be a known fault with some copies of the game? is the r1 button supposed to be held or hammered?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (3,242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: battlefield 3 melee problem

Had same troubles dude, press it only when it shows on screen...once...you get a trophy if you do it right..I think.
2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca photo 2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca-1_zps09f27495.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (3,225 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

I don't really know exactly which bit you're talking about, but I do remember that there is one bit in the campaign where you have to stealth kill someone, but all the distances are out. If you move to what in every other part of the game is a suitable knife kill distance, it does what it stupidly does in response to you not doing exactly what you're told... It kills you for no apparent reason beyond disobedience.

For that part in the campaign, you have to press R1 when the prompt is on screen, even though it looks like you're far too far away for it to work. If you move closer than the prompt you die.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (3,223 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The timing just needs to be spot on. You need to hit R1 almost instanneoues for it to work. I don't think you need to press O prior to that so many times either unless that prompt was flashing on the screen repeatedly.

Edit. Ok I'm sure the bolded word doesn't look right. I forget how its spelled.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (3,177 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

thanks everyone. it worked first try.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (3,136 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I got the battlefield 3 and it said to do 20 times but it says 30  what should I do

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (1,698 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Tokyojr213785 wrote:

I got the battlefield 3 and it said to do 20 times but it says 30  what should I do

The who said to do the what? Bf3 said to do it 20 times but who is saying to do it 30 times?

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (1,506 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yup...  O once, R1 once as soon as it flashes, then X once as soon as it flashes.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (1,463 Views)
0 Kudos