02 Nov 2008
Playstation Staff

helicopter problem

20 Replies 2,592 Views Created 02-11-2008

after the new update ive had this happen twice in a few hours - when ive got in to a chopper and just about to take off, the whole game has frozen and the only way i could get out of it was to reboot my ps3 and start again.

anyone else had this problem or just me? not seen a thread about this yet so im guessing i may be on me own...

regards
[FANe]BeerChicken
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (2,592 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: helicopter problem

Yep this happened to Symonator a lot and today it happened to me too on Crossing over.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (2,593 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I have just had the same freeze not 10 minutes ago. I think its happened once before since the update.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (2,593 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
yup, it seems to be coming a big issue!
ea.com forums are complaiing about it, ea.co.uk forums are too.

May i suggest putting your feedback here for this issue:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company/
Make a thread called "heli freeze" and ill also put my issue in there wen i see yours.

I complained alot about this issue here, spat my dummy out the pram http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company/357272-feedback-new-update.html

edit: actually ill make a new thread over there so reply on it if u have any issues:
Message Edited by Symonator on 03-11-2008 12:46 PM
symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (2,556 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Yeah this has been happening for ever - it's most common in flight when attacking the third base on End of the Line gold rush. Fortunately it's not a common bug - but it's quite annoying when it does happen.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (2,554 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (2,545 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

its happening a hell of a lot for me, causing me no end of grief :smileysad:
Oldies can still be goldies
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (2,533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

same here, resetting to much now.
symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (2,528 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Symonator wrote:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company/358509-battlefield-freezing-helicopters.h...

LOL, you really said it all :smileywink: I was playing with Blue and could hear him swearing 'What the **** You cant shoot me from there you ****....' and I totally agree with everything he was saying. We got into few laggy games and it was almost impossible to kill anyone. I emptied the whole XM8C clip into their support then reloaded and it took another half clip to finish him off. This was something. I've been playing long enough with the same weapon to know how long and under what circumstance it takes to kill another player. That was not it. I would bump into their demo and could not even react I was already dead. I thought how could this be possible, I was through this millions of times and it never was like that. Then I figured they see me before I see them, and it got confirmed after few times I noticed a guy running towards me then when he was pretty close the game started to sync on me and him and he started to teleport on my screen. This could only happen if our games were running in different times. Before the patch the laggy games used to sync often and you could see the lag straight away, now they sync only when you are close to each other and because of that it takes much longer to kill distant running players as although the hit registers on your screen it doesn't on their, then the game takes average and you're ****ed.

Bring the old lag back at least you know when it is on so you can quit that game!!!
Message Edited by Killzone_Kid on 03-11-2008 03:05 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (2,516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

That sounds like really bad lag handling. It's not even handling, its more hiding from the sound of it... IMO if someone on my screen is in my sights and my system registers hits on them, it should be those hits that get sent over the network. I don't care where the other guy thinks I am or the average of the error - my game state should be what the server takes into account from my packets. This might result in people getting shot round corners etc like CoD4, but at least as a player you feel the game is responding as it should.

I LOL'd hard at Unreal 3's handling of lag - I couldn't even control my character. I mean if there's lag, surely locally everything should run fine but other players will appear to jump around? I LOL'd - then I traded that turkey in. It's kind of like the rubber band effect you get on BF - which would imply that the system is taking the average of the server's game state and your local state.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (2,508 Views)
0 Kudos