Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: rent servers are just annoying

[ Edited ]

the other side of this is a game i was in a few days ago ( cringle tells me he was there re too :smileyhappy: )

i am trying to get my hand gun / pistol medal, so i have been joining pistol only servers over the last week, with mixed experiences.

most of these are enforced ok with a general rule that if a player is using other weapons repeatidly and is obviously not doing this by mistake

(ie. runnin out of ammo and firing without realising or after using equiptment like medic shock paddles forgetting to swtich back to pistol)

anyway.... this game cringle and i were in was supposed to pistol and knife, and it was to start within until on person started using an assault rifle and then someone retaliated and it spiraled out of control from there, with no action taken by the admin, who must have been absent.

one thing that the admin need (assuming they dont already have it) is a warning system that flashes up a warning message like "warning 1 of 3 - please obey the server rules"

Message 11 of 46 (404 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

the maps are to big for handgun and knife only servers,

now sniper only server or rocket n grenade only would be sweet!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 46 (390 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Who is the host is it EA? just had my third connection lost in 2 days. Each time my server was full so its really annoying all 16 players lost connection to the session - including me. In squad deathmatch its hard to get the game going again, i'm thinking about complaining i'm paying for this so I think the host should be reliable and solid.

I've changed the settings to start the game with only 2 players so hopefully I can get it going again later. @ Animavore - If that was my server you mentioned sorry mate, I had to leave, my dinner was on the table. :smileyhappy:
BF3 Stats
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 46 (369 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

LSD-39 wrote:
Who is the host is it EA? just had my third connection lost in 2 days. Each time my server was full so its really annoying all 16 players lost connection to the session - including me. In squad deathmatch its hard to get the game going again, i'm thinking about complaining i'm paying for this so I think the host should be reliable and solid.

I've changed the settings to start the game with only 2 players so hopefully I can get it going again later. @ Animavore - If that was my server you mentioned sorry mate, I had to leave, my dinner was on the table. :smileyhappy:

Oh yeah. I was on that server too trying to get my ribbons. I forgot about that.

Nah I mean a different server called TOTAL CONQUEST all maps. It was hectic all day and then just emptied.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 46 (353 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Unranked servers for servers with rules 

Ranked servers kicking players for custom rules means you can get your server banned :smileywink:

Appears loads of players still use quickjoin over the server browser :/

Which is why that rule applies

Shame no filter which gets rid of user servers oh well one small thing 

Photobucket
Message 15 of 46 (338 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

its a shame you cant set which weapons to take in. if i had server admin i'd only have a few rules

1) No Snipers on top of inaccessible buildings (because allegedly the MAV still works under certain circumstaces) all match
2) No jet ramming, unless your ramming a tank for tha lulz
3) no frag rounds

id just kick people for that.

as for playing on private servers ive had no issues so far, apart from the stupid names people call them

SHOUTY SHOUTY SERVER LOOK AT ME! 100000000000 TICKETS WOOT WIN YEAH JOIN MY CLAN ARF
Oldies can still be goldies
Message 16 of 46 (308 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Well the word is this isn't a full rollout of private servers just yet. Thats coming at a later date so who knows, maybe there will be greater customisation options available in the near futuer. Some interesting ideas suggested here.

Message 17 of 46 (280 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Seen some great names like '100% Metro' looked and it was on Firestorm at the time

Also 'Air Maps Only' and it was on Metro conquest, interesting
Message 18 of 46 (270 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

randygoodlove wrote:
Seen some great names like '100% Metro' looked and it was on Firestorm at the time

Also 'Air Maps Only' and it was on Metro conquest, interesting

:smileyvery-happy:

Lol,  mine is air maps - honest it really is.  Everyone is welcome anytime,  you will not get kicked even if you're naughty :Evil:

Server Location : Europe,  90 days

Search term "AirConquest"

Maps: Gulf of Oman - Kharg Island - Caspian Border - Operation Firestorm - Noshahr Canals

Normal ranked conquest mode,  normal tickets. 

AirConquest.jpg

Its live now but if it doesn't get used I might re-config it for a different mode.

BF3 Stats
Message 19 of 46 (256 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

FYI, I had to change the 'no kick' policy due to excessive spawn camping.  You kind of think people will just be professional and enjoy the game but no,  give them an inch and they take a yard.  If I see spawn camping like that again or receive any more complaints i'm switching the offender to the victims team,  followed by a kick if necessary,  Jeez some ppl make hard work of this game.   

BF3 Stats
Message 20 of 46 (207 Views)