21 Jan 2013
By: mont348 Member 7,060 Posts
Level 11

Burnout Paradise is 5yrs old. :)

8 Replies 1,326 Views Created 21-01-2013

In my opinion still the best arcade racer this generation. It's exactly 5yrs today for the Japanese release and 5yrs on the 25th for the European market. 

I played it recently before christmas can't believe the online activity for a 5yr old game. I have certainly had some great times and my money's worth out of this gem of a game.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,326 Views)
Level 10

Re: Burnout Paradise is 5yrs old. :)

It has also been very well supported putting other games to shame the amount of support it has been given rather than releasing a new one in 2 years, although I do want a Burnout 2 :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,324 Views)
Level 11

I do wish Criterion would leave Need for Speed franchise alone and give us one more full Burnout before the next generation of console's. Don't get me wrong i quite enjoyed NFS Hot Pursuit and keep meaning to grab Most Wanted, i just think Burnout is Criterion's baby and EA should let them bring out a new game.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (1,291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Most Wanted is the closest thing I've seen to Burnout Paradise on the PS3. I can't believe it's been that long! Burnout is one of those games I still play pretty frequently and pop back on every now and again to try and better my times on. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (1,271 Views)
0 Kudos

Aww man, we missed an amazing opportunity for another one off Burnout event :smileyvery-happy:

Perhaps a belated birthday one or has the boat gone too far now?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,160 Views)
Level 13

Think we're a bit late :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (1,146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

I'd be up for another bash on it - englishgolfer did one a while back and it was good fun.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (1,050 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Anyone fancy doing some challenges add the name

<<<<<<<

Lost my 100% game save and trying to get it back up.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (975 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

strangeplaice wrote:
Most Wanted is the closest thing I've seen to Burnout Paradise on the PS3. I can't believe it's been that long! Burnout is one of those games I still play pretty frequently and pop back on every now and again to try and better my times on. :smileyhappy:

Yes Most Wanted had the potential to be a new Burnout Paradise (and I don't care if the NFS fans don't like the idea).... unfortunately the online side (which is what made BP so special) is disappointing in Most Wanted because there is no freedom, you just run a series of events, then a three minute break and then another series of events and on and on. Nothing like BP where you can roam around, start a race, try a stunt run, complete a challenge...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (852 Views)
0 Kudos