9 Replies 3,117 Views edited 10-06-2011

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (3,117 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Cross Compatibility of Save Files for Disc & PSN Versions

BTW I have read the FAQ where I says it can't be done, but that was from Feb 2009 so I thought maybe someone has found a way by now?....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (3,115 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sorry, my first post isn't showing properly. I'll try copy and pasting into this post :

Hi all. I don't know if anything can be done about this, but here goes...

...ages ago I bought Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box to fill a void in my life before Gran Turismo 5 came out. I then got rid of it only having done 10% of the trophies etc.

When the PSN came back online, I jumped at the chance of playing it again so I downloaded it and fired it up. It wouldn't load my game save from the Ultimate Box disc. I thought, 'fair enough. this is not the Ultimate version' so I just started all over again.

I've now put a lot of effort in to the PSN version and done alright for myself but time is ticking on the period of time I can keep Burnout from the free PSN hand-outs. I want to keep playing so I looked into what I would have to do to keep it. Pay £28 for the PSN version, or £40 for a yearly subscription to Playstation Plus.

Seen as this is the only thing I want, I saw that as way too much for a game that is 3 years old! So I went looking for the standard version of the game. I got it, popped the disc in, wouldn't load my PSN Save File. I updated it to Version 1.9 in case that was the issue... nope. Still won't load the PSN version Save File.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to have the disc version accept the PSN Game Save??

Thanks for reading. Hope I made everything clear lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (3,114 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

egan706 wrote:
Sorry, my first post isn't showing properly. I'll try copy and pasting into this post :

Hi all. I don't know if anything can be done about this, but here goes...

...ages ago I bought Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box to fill a void in my life before Gran Turismo 5 came out. I then got rid of it only having done 10% of the trophies etc.

When the PSN came back online, I jumped at the chance of playing it again so I downloaded it and fired it up. It wouldn't load my game save from the Ultimate Box disc. I thought, 'fair enough. this is not the Ultimate version' so I just started all over again.

I've now put a lot of effort in to the PSN version and done alright for myself but time is ticking on the period of time I can keep Burnout from the free PSN hand-outs. I want to keep playing so I looked into what I would have to do to keep it. Pay £28 for the PSN version, or £40 for a yearly subscription to Playstation Plus.

Seen as this is the only thing I want, I saw that as way too much for a game that is 3 years old! So I went looking for the standard version of the game. I got it, popped the disc in, wouldn't load my PSN Save File. I updated it to Version 1.9 in case that was the issue... nope. Still won't load the PSN version Save File.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to have the disc version accept the PSN Game Save??

Thanks for reading. Hope I made everything clear lol

Sadly, no.

According to criterion, it's Sony's fault so you may wish to contact them directly for all the good it will do. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (3,112 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

:smileysad: Boooooooooo!

That's such a shame. Lucky that I didn't buy the Big Surf Island DLC then! lol I reeeeally can't be bothered to start again for a third time! If it were a decent price on the PSN Store for the PSN version, then i'd do it. I'd pay £10-£15 tops for the PSN version cos then i'd have to spend extra on the DLC for it. So for a 3 year old game, that just seems very expensive.

I'll just have to milk the rest of my free time I suppose and keep the Game Data and Save Data in case one day the PSN Store realise that £27 is waaaay too expensive and have a sale price on it!

Ah well. Thanks for the reply anyway. Solution accepted :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (3,105 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

egan706 wrote:
:smileysad: Boooooooooo!

That's such a shame. Lucky that I didn't buy the Big Surf Island DLC then! lol I reeeeally can't be bothered to start again for a third time! If it were a decent price on the PSN Store for the PSN version, then i'd do it. I'd pay £10-£15 tops for the PSN version cos then i'd have to spend extra on the DLC for it. So for a 3 year old game, that just seems very expensive.

I'll just have to milk the rest of my free time I suppose and keep the Game Data and Save Data in case one day the PSN Store realise that £27 is waaaay too expensive and have a sale price on it!

Ah well. Thanks for the reply anyway. Solution accepted :smileyhappy:

You do know that the PSN version is free on plus as part of the whole welcome back thingy? Ignore...just read your original post again. 

Plus is pretty good value btw.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (3,101 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Do Plus users get stuff like Burnout for free each month, or was a game that big a one off to tempt people to stay and pay for a subscription? Do you get decent free games every month?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (3,095 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

There might be away -

Copy game save onto pc

convert the param.sfo into a text file

open the param.txt file

find NPEB00043 change it into the region code of the disc version- (I think that is what it is)

Save and close the program

convert the param.txt into a SFO file

Go the folder the game save is in

Rename the folder as it  the region code of the disc version- (I think that is what it is)

Copy back to PS3

Boot up game

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (2,986 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

interesting suggestion but doesnt seem to work. Maybe this would work in a hex editor or something.. shows up as corrupted after modifying it as a text. the whole thing my be impossible if the previous posts are correct. maybe someone who does hex editing can figure it out

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (2,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I imagine there's some info here that a genius could use to edit the 2 versions to make them compatible

http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/PARAM.SFO#SFO

It's beyond me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (2,532 Views)
0 Kudos