13 Apr 2009
Playstation Staff

Help: DLC Now Not Recognised

5 Replies 434 Views Created 13-04-2009

Have previously had Toy Cars, Legendary Cars and Boost Specials all working OK following DLC purchase on day of release. However today cannot see any of the boost specials and only half of the toy cars, legendary all OK. Have re-downloaded file from account/transaction management, no joy, when I go to purchase again through burnout store in the game, it says already purchased but when trying to select cars I can't as if I haven't. Reset/Restarted a number of times.

This is weird and does it on all 3 logon's (my kids play also) and it's the same. Latest game downloads all done to V1.70 so this is really confusing, anyone else had this problem, may have to email Criterion.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Help: DLC Now Not Recognised

Try to delete game data (NOT savedata) and get updates again, then the DLC unlocks.

Make sure you are using a psn account, which has the same region as your game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Many Thanks, will give that a try and report back just in case others experience same problem.......
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (409 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

So the update is..........delated game data, downloaded all updates again, then downloaded the 100kb files from the Account info and Legendary Cars & Boost Specials work, however Toy Cars only has 3 available. Tried downloading file again for Toy Cars and no joy, still only 3. I did get the Toy Cars at £7.99 not the £9.99 price, on the Burnout Store it says purchased so can't do anything more.

However, logged on via my son's PS3 account and all was working. Re-Tried mine and Toy cars not all available. My account was the one that purchased all the DLC as his has no payment option set so it just doesn't make sense. Will email Criterion for help........any other ideas gratefully received........Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

could be due to this bug ?

Not being able to select purchased vehicles in the Junkyard
In the majority of cases we found the cause of this was that people had purchased the vehicles but not downloaded AND installed them.Correctly downloading and installing the vehicles fixed the issue. However there was a rare bug seen with a handful of customers who achieved their Elite license during a specific period of time last year which meant that some of the vehicles had indeed disappeared. We have now fixed this issue and that fix appears in the new update.

1000th post 12-02-2010 08:06 PM !
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (345 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

For completeness, have downloaded latest update and all is OK but it didn't work before latest C&R download. Thanks for update.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (291 Views)
0 Kudos