The same thing happens to me. I can only bind one, two, or three controllers at a time and not four. If I get one working the other ones shut off. I have tried reading the manual and it is no help at all.
This is driving me crazy - I cannot get these **$%ing things to work - I've tried all methods mentioned here and those included in the so called manual. Buzz controller manual link
There seems to be 3 phases with the slider button.
1) push and ps logo (blue) light flashes 4 times (i think this powers the unit off)
2) push again and the red/blue lights flash (i think this powers it on)
3) push and hold the slider until the ps (blue) light stays on (i presume this is sync mode)
With all for in sync mode I push and hold the button on the USB rx unit, it immediatley flashes and then goes solid, one-by-one the buzzers ps blue light goes out.
I have tried new batteries and the same thing happens.
Anyone else with me or give me a clue on where I might be going wrong?
Any help would be appreciated. We got the game about a month ago. We figured out how to bind all 4 controlers and have been playing happily until now. Suddenly the game get's stuck at the Buzz controllers not found windows.
I have tried the following:
1) Hard power off disconnecting the power cable from the system with the dongle not connected.
2) Activate the 6 axis controler so it is assigned controller #1
3) Insert Dongle
4) Push power up on all 4 controllers until all of them have a solid blue light
5) Press and hold the Bind button on the dongle while plugged into USB port until the blue light comes on and all 4 controllers blink and the blue lights go off. This in the past would have meant successfully binding.
6) Start the game and end up stuck at the no controllers found screen.
I went to system settings to check the controller assignment and only one controller was available.
The dongle seems to bind and talk to the controllers.
Is there a way to check if the PS3 recognized the USB device?
Any help would be appreciated!
I've talked to our QA team, and they confirmed that the correct sequence for binding the buzzers to the dongle is as follows:
- Insert the dongle into the PS3 and turn on the console's power
- Push and hold the slider up on the first Wireless Buzz! Buzzers until the small blue light stays on
- Repeat step two for the other three Wireless Buzz! Buzzers
- All four Buzzers should now have their blue lights on
- Press and hold the sync button on the side of the USB dongle until all four buzzers flash to indicate they are synched
- Start the game as usual and the Buzzers should operate as expected
@SouthlakeDragon. The guys here think that you may have a hardware issue with your set, so should contact Sony to discuss this. The Helpdesk can be emailed at email@example.com or called on 08705 998877.
Hope this helps.
Any luck guys? i still am trying all these steps (turning the blue light on the buzzers and then pressing the button on the usb), but the weird thing is that, if i turn the blue light on, in all 4 of the buzzers, then the light of the usb stick doesnt stay lit, it goes off after a few seconds. If i only try to sync 2 buzzers, it stays on, but still there is no response. In any way, there is no response from the buzzers, and their lights dont stay on, they go off. Any other suggestions???? its been really bad that i cannot play this game for a while now..... The buzzers dont seem to work, cause the sync doenst stay on. Please please anyone else came up with something? At least answer if some of the previous ways described here, were succesful for you....
I'm having this same problem.
It looks like the dongle and the remotes can talk to each other.
If I power them on and get the blue light showing, then sync with the dongle, The dongle light flashes and then all the buzzers flash.
I've had situations where the dongle light stays on, and sometimes it doesn't.
But pretty much I've tried every combination I can think of in addition to this combination to try to get my buzzers to work.
I've now even deleted all my save date and game setup info.
Still no go...
Very frustrating as the buzzers have worked fine in the past
Caspar_RS's solution worked for me, but I had to add one more step. The full process which worked for me is below.
- Insert the USB dongle that came with the Wireless Buzz! Buzzers into the PS3 and turn on the console's power.
- Turn on the first Wireless Buzz! Buzzer by briefly pushing upwards on its slider (on the side of the Buzzer). The Wireless Buzz! Buzzer should flash a number of times.
- Now push and hold the slider up on the first Wireless Buzz! Buzzer that you've just switched on in step 2 until the small blue light stays on.
- Repeat steps two and three for the other three Wireless Buzz! Buzzers.
- All four Buzzers should now have their small blue lights on.
- Press and continue to hold the sync button on the side of the USB dongle until all four buzzers flash to indicate they are synched.
- Start the game as usual and the Buzzers should operate as expected. Buzzers that are switched on and ready will flash in a regular pattern when the Buzz! game is at its menu screen (where you can see the Buzz! presenter sitting on his sofa in the PS3 version).
Good luck to anybody still having issues. Caspar_RS's fix worked perfectly first time for me. Until then I was getting very confused and annoyed as to why they weren't working. Thanks Caspar_RS!
may i please ask you something about the buzz controllers? i have an issue syncing them.. i read the FAQ but its not helping
so 1) does the usb have a blue led? does it ever Light up ?
2) does the bind button on the side of the usb dongle feel sticky when u press it? or it just bumps directly out like clicky clicky ? <-- could u plz answer thaT? much appreciated thnx
Well i have the same problem and nothing works. It's a shame I enjoyed the game for the couple of months it worked but i am now frustrated to the point the entire thing is going in the trash. Why didn't they just let you play with normal controllers. Thanks Sony for a piece of CRAP!!!!!