Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz – the official thread

[ Edited ]
77 Replies 2,834 Views edited 19-08-2010

Hi all,

Caspar from Relentless Software here.

Our sparkling new game, Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz, will be out this October. As you probably guessed from the name, it's music-themed, with a nice, broad spread of tracks from across the years.

The classic Buzz! game is enhanced with a new game board to let you select from more categories than ever before, and two brand-new musical rounds. These are Watch It! - a pop video observation round - and Tune Warp, which speeds up and slows down classic tunes, leaving you to guess the name of the track.

All told there are now over a dozen game rounds to enjoy, plus a new 'Quickfire' mode that hammers you with up to 100 questions in a row, for non-stop quizzing action.

Then on top of this, we've built four totally new rounds as a bonus for Move users. These are Hammer Time (smack the right answer with a mallet), Master Blaster (zap the correct answer), Pop Life (pop the three wrong answers) and Heavy Metal (put the right answer in the mouth of a giant robot crusher!).

For everyone with a PS Eye or EyeToy camera, there's the hilarious new Paperface mode. Jump up, get your face in the shot, choose a crazy head frame and each of you can have your face papered into the game. You can even do one for Buzz too.

Coupled with Paperface, you can now use a mic (PS Eye, EyeToy, headset or SingStar) to record your own buzzer noises to create a truly personal, and side-splitting, game experience.

Buzz himself has had a bit of an overhaul too, with a smooth new look. He's still the same crazy Buzz you know and love, but restyled for these stylish times. And if you're looking for a faster-paced game, you can now ask Buzz to step out of the limelight and just get on with the questions.

All of the above sits on top of the great features packed into previous Buzz! releases, including the ability to write and play your own and others' quizzes via www.mybuzzquiz.com (with well over two-million questions now available), online Sofa versus Sofa multiplayer, singleplayer challenges, eightplayer at home, in-game picture taking with Get Your Buzz! Face On, Home Game Launching, publishing to Facebook, and over 20 extra Quiz Packs available via the in-game PSN Store link.

Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz is the biggest, craziest Buzz! game we've ever built, and we're really looking forward to you getting to play it.

If you've any questions, drop us a line on this thread and we'll do our best to answer. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Cheers,
Caspar
Relentless
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Casper how many players can play online with this new Buzz?

0 Kudos

Sv: Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz – the official thread

/16

Caspar_RS

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Caspar_RS
Accepted Solution

Just as in Buzz!: Quiz World - you can have up to four players from a single house (with a buzzer each) playing online, and each online game can have up to eight players in it.

It's really flexible - you can have a game with four households in it, each with two players, and you can also reserve slots for PSN Friends to join.

0 Kudos

Cheers,
Caspar
Relentless
Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

Handige_Harry

• MVP
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Handige_Harry
Accepted Solution

So what whas wrong with the old Buzz? the new one is Scary

0 Kudos

/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution
Have a look at the first page ;)
0 Kudos

/16

RevGoon

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RevGoon
Accepted Solution

How many songs and questions are in the game?

0 Kudos

/16

Caspar_RS

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Caspar_RS
Accepted Solution

@Keldj

Thanks for the comments. Here's a few thoughts on your questions...

1. We've been asked this before as on the face of it, it's a reasonable question. The problem is, though, that the Localisation teams don't just translate questions for each language - each one is adapted. So question number 1087 in Danish might not be the same as question number 1087 in English. That's so that you get a great game of Buzz! in every language. The problem that creates, though, is that it's impossible to have a fair game online (where people like to compete) in Danish versus English, because the questions don't match. That's why we don't offer it.

2. The Move game rounds are totally separate from the 'classic' Buzz! modes. We thought about trying to mix the two together but couldn't come up with anything we felt would be fun to play. It's a lot quicker answer using a Buzzer than pointing at an answer using Move, for instance. So we agreed with Sony to build four brand-new rounds just for Move, as that would offer the best gameplay experience. You can play them turn-based with up to four players.

3. In online play there are always router compatibility issues to deal with, for every game. If you are having problems connecting, you need to talk to Sony about it (as we're the developer of the game and don't look after the servers).

0 Kudos

Cheers,
Caspar
Relentless
/16

rafa_bean

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rafa_bean
Accepted Solution

Will it have support for portuguese language as the previous one? Cause I'm going to buy it from the UK.Thanks for the help ;)

0 Kudos

Re: Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz – the official thread

[ Edited ]
/16

Caspar_RS

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Caspar_RS
Accepted Solution

@RevGoon

There are over 5000 questions in The Ultimate Music Quiz. I don't have the exact number of music tracks to hand, but if I remember correctly it's several hundred. There are also questions based on pictures of bands and artists, plus the music video observation round, 'Watch It!'

@rafa_bean

The UK version has UK English on it - no other languages. The version with Portuguese on is available in Spain and Portugal, and has International English questions on too.

0 Kudos

Cheers,
Caspar
Relentless
/16

gillyallan

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gillyallan
Accepted Solution
Not sure if answered or asked already but does it have unique trophies over Quiz World ???
0 Kudos

/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution
I would imagine so but I would like to see the list.. Come on Caspar_RS give us the trophy list ;)
0 Kudos

/16

ruuvi666

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ruuvi666
Accepted Solution

The game has unique trophies. I would give the list but I have all in Finnish. Sorry.

6 secret trophies, 14 bronze, 10 silver, 3 gold and 1 platinum. Or something like that. :) At first glance, I think the trophies aren't that hard. Although I don't know about those secret trophies. Except one that requires you to play same game type three times in row. Easy to achieve in single play. Some of the trophies require Move-controller so without that it is impossible to get 100%.

0 Kudos

/16

gillyallan

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gillyallan
Accepted Solution
Thanks, definite buy for me.
0 Kudos

/16

RichGiven

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RichGiven
Accepted Solution

Caspar,

I am trying to find out when this game is released in Canada but I am having a really hard time trying to get any information.  I have phoned UK Sony Support and all they have told me is to check the forums, lol.

Would you happen to know when this game will be released?

Thanks, Rich

0 Kudos

/16

Caspar_RS

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Caspar_RS
Accepted Solution

Hi Rich,

SCEA hasn't picked up Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz to release in North America and Canada, but if you don't already have it Buzz!: Quiz World is lots of fun, scored 80 on Metacritic, and is available in your territory.

0 Kudos

Cheers,
Caspar
Relentless
/16

rafa_bean

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rafa_bean
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the reply... I've bought the UK version to practice my english ;)

0 Kudos

/16

RKO_JPL7

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RKO_JPL7
Accepted Solution

Love the game so far and I do hope more people will be playing it online.  I really like the new Tune Warp round and I also like the new category system as it does have a better choice with more variety to choose from then previous games.  I do hope the game get's more advertising and I noticed quite a few stores in my local area had limited stock and some stores just didn't even stock it at all.  

One thing I do miss though is the voice of Colin McFarlane who did the voice of Greg, I noticed he's been replaced with the guy who sounds like the guy who does the voice over on the UK PS3/PSP adverts. 

0 Kudos

/16

gillyallan

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gillyallan
Accepted Solution
Same opinions here RKO. The voice of Greg is strange (in that I cant get used to it)
Love tune wrap too. The move part was fun enough too.

None of the Asdas around me stock the game, GAME only had the bundle pack. Managed to get it in Tescos (solus)
0 Kudos

/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution

I am still waiting for my preorder for this!! Never using ZAVVI for any thing I want on release date again!!!

0 Kudos

/16

emdeepee

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emdeepee
Accepted Solution

Looking forward to a few more evenings with Buzz. If anyone fancies a few games online feel free to add me: emdeepee :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

/16

miyoung5877

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
miyoung5877
Accepted Solution

I'm also waiting for my pre-order from Play to arrive.  They hadn't even sent it on Friday last week, as it was awaiting packing until late on Saturday.  Not overly impressed especially as I'd pre ordered back in August.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel