02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Hello from Relentless

173 Replies 12,104 Views Created 09-07-2008

Hello,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has bought Buzz!: Quiz TV. At Relentless we're really proud of this version of Buzz! It's had the biggest team and longest production of any game we've done so we're pleased it's receiving the best reviews yet. We spent a really long time implementing the MyBuzz! feature so it's really pleasing to see so many people writing and sharing quizzes. Already there are around three full games worth of free UK questions, yet Quiz TV has only been out a week.

We enjoy reading all feedback, good and bad. Of the things discussed in these forums there are things we're working on and will show up in future updates, and there are things we're not working on. There are also some things planned that we hope to surprise you with. Buzz! is enjoyed by millions of players, casual and hardcore alike, so we always try and plot a course that serves all our players. We doubt we'll please all of you, but we'll do what we think is right. We appreciate Sony giving us the chance to add features to a game we're already pleased with.

We can't go into too much detail on the updates just yet, as things sometimes change and we don't want to disappoint anyone. Our first update is going through Sony QA and is due out mid July (show-stopper bugs notwithstanding). By playing the game you'll be able to earn trophies that are displayed in your System Software (version 2.41 required). As you may have read, it didn't make it onto the master disc because we mastered over two months ago, before the trophy functionality was finalised.

In this first update we've also added support for any buzzer to be used to answer in Sofa vs. Sofa, so a group of players in the same house can control the online game at the same time. We've included that for singleplayer mode too, in case you want to play co-operatively offline.

We'll try and keep information coming in this forum but bear in mind that we're taking time out from buglists, localisation schedules and design meetings. We also need to try and serve the other non-English speaking forums.

Finally, congrats to Merlinpants! Two quizzes in the UK top three, and Top Author on MyBuzz! Not bad at all... But surely someone can knock them off the top?

Thanks,
Dan and the team at Relentless Software

0 Kudos
LABELS:
----
www.relentless.co.uk
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

gamesrule

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gamesrule
Accepted Solution
Hey Dan I really love Buzz! Quiz Tv I was just wondering is there going to be more question packs on this weeks Playstation Store update.
0 Kudos

Re: Hello from Relentless

Beta Tester
/16

Terpsichore

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Terpsichore
Accepted Solution

First of all, thnaks for taking the time to consider everyones feedback. Heres a little of my own.

The main big red Buzz button on the controller feels redundant, it barely gets used. I wish there were more rounds where you could use it, like the picture rounds in offline mode. Offline mode should be more flexible, it would be so nice to be able to create your own length and what style of rounds to play etc.

I personally don't really care about having my face on my charchter etc but voice chat would be nice, especially against mates. Sofa vs Sofa would be awesome 4 local vs 4 online although I realise this is tricky to implement with only one local user being able to log into PSN at a time.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Samsung Series 6 40", 250GB PS3 Slim
/16

jweaver

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jweaver
Accepted Solution

I got my copy yesterday and so far have only played online.. In my first to games, I was logged out of PSN, which is the first time ever, so I hope this was just a co-incidence.. But when I managed to play a full round, I was actually surprised how few rounds there were, even after I had read all the posts here and knew what to expect.

But as others have said, in light of the fact that there are only 3 rounds, the fact that in the 2nd, you can see other peoples answers is rediculous.. To be honest, for several questions, I didn't know the answer, but instead of "cheating" and copying everyone else, I refused to answer. This did me no favours in terms of score, but I felt better in myself.. I just don't get the logic and I do think that the round is pointless and unfair.. When you consider that there are only 3 rounds, so this represents 33% of the game, its a HUGE oversight!

If there were 10 rounds, and this round was as it is now, then perhaps its might be an intersting idea, but when it represents such a huge portion of the game, it needs to go NOW!

This would be easy to 'fix' and I hope that Relentless are have already done this in the next update...

Time will tell!

Jon

0 Kudos

/16

maffm

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
maffm
Accepted Solution

jweaver wrote:

To be honest, for several questions, I didn't know the answer, but instead of "cheating" ...

If there were 10 rounds, and this round was as it is now, then perhaps its might be an intersting idea, but when it represents such a huge portion of the game, it needs to go NOW!

answer at the last minute in All that apply, either that or put the wrong answer in to start with and hope there's someone "cheating" and copies you before changing them at the last second

I wouldn't play if there were 10 rounds, the 3 rounds at the moment is just right for me, I have a young baby and a wife and only 1 TV in the house so I can't spend ages on the game, as I suspect a lot of people can't either

0 Kudos

/16

colc1705

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
colc1705
Accepted Solution

maffm wrote:

jweaver wrote:

To be honest, for several questions, I didn't know the answer, but instead of "cheating" ...

answer at the last minute in All that apply, either that or put the wrong answer in to start with and hope there's someone "cheating" and copies you before changing them at the last second

I wouldn't play if there were 10 rounds, the 3 rounds at the moment is just right for me, I have a young baby and a wife and only 1 TV in the house so I can't spend ages on the game, as I suspect a lot of people can't either

This only works if the other 2 people are also trying to catch out people who are 'cheating' too. The person who doesn't know is also going to go with the majority so if you try to catch them out but the other players don't they will still get the right answer. This is another reason why we need 2 or more local players in online games so we can have tactical rounds like this.

While I understand that not everyone is able to sit for hours playing games surely you don't turn on your PS3 and load up Buzz for only 1 game? it takes almost as long to turn on, boot up and get the game started as it does to play an online game! What we really need is some way of customising games so someone who just wants a short game still can but people who want a longer game (which I suspect are the majority) can do so. Games can never please everyone but the more things that can be customised the closer they will get.

0 Kudos

/16

jweaver

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jweaver
Accepted Solution

maffm wrote:

I realise that you can put the wrong answers in and change them at the last minute.. But thats all the round turns into.. A sequence of bluff and double bluffs.. And then you run out of time and answer the wrong question.. Its just ill-concieved.

My suggestion of 10 rounds was just a number out of the air.. If there were MORE rounds (not 10) then perhaps this round might work.. But like many, I just don't get why it needs to be this way... The idea of "tick all that apply" is OK.. But why show you everyone elses answers...

And I do agree.. 3 rounds is just about right.. But it shouldn't be the same 3 rounds each and every time.. Its a shame that there arn't something like 10 'events'.. And an on-line game selects 3 different rounds from ones which are available.

Jon

Message Edited by jweaver on 10-07-2008 10:13 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Uppity

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Uppity
Accepted Solution

jweaver wrote:

I realise that you can put the wrong answers in and change them at the last minute.. But thats all the round turns into.. A sequence of bluff and double bluffs.. And then you run out of time and answer the wrong question.. Its just ill-concieved.

Sounds like gameplay to me. Isn't it pretty easy to ensure you put your correct answers before the time runs out?

0 Kudos

/16

jweaver

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jweaver
Accepted Solution

You are right.. Its not difficult.. But its not fun.. Having to clock watch and keep changing your answers is pointless.. But let me give you an example from the flip side.. Last night I was asked a question and I had no idea of the answer.. Some of the other players started bluffing, but in the end, all 3 chose answers A and C.

Now I didn't know the answer. I didn't have a clue so I deserved to loose..... So what should I do.. All 3 had the same answer, so there was a good chance they were right.. But even if they wern't if all of us answered the same it was wrong, then I would only have the same penalty as them.. So there was no reason for me not to answer, even if it was cheating.. In the end, I didn't answer as I didn't belive I was right too and if I was going to win, I wanted to win fairly and lost the points, but I immediatly thought "whats the point".. It just doesn't work.. In concept, its quite a good idea.. But in practice, it just doesn't work!

Jon

Message Edited by jweaver on 10-07-2008 01:21 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Guzz07

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guzz07
Accepted Solution

I agree...trying to bluff other people is just boring after awhile! I go with the answer in the last while but as my internet connection is pretty crap (live in countryside Ireland) I dont trust waiting to the very last second so people can still copy me if they dare to risk it ;)

I see this problem as an easy fix of just hiding the answers....and to be honest I see the problem as a bug rather than the initial concept but there you go. Longer/Shorter quiz options (online and offline)....all the versions of rounds from pervious buzzes (at least offline)...random select or picking what rounds you want (online and offline)....team versus team (could the psn log in problem be overcome by buzz letting you assign a team to that log in?) as an addition to sofa vs sofa (thats good if you want to play and your on your own)....and I could go on :)

I feel that although Buzz Quiz TV has new features that many of the great features of the PS2 games have been left out and it makes me wonder whether this is because updates and patches can be applied at a later date so developers just get the game out there and see how popular it is before putting the extra work into extra features...I dont know....its just a feeling I get from some games being released these days. I do like new buzz but I feel it is missing so much, I was hoping for next generation and what I feel has happened is yes some next gen but forgotten the vital parts of previous gens left out!

Marie

0 Kudos

/16

holbrook99

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
holbrook99
Accepted Solution

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM, AND IF THIS WAS THE ONLY ONE SORTED I WOULD BE HAPPY IS THERE IS NOT ENOUGHT ROUNDS IN THE MAIN GAME, AND THE ROUNDS THAT THERE ARE ARE BORING AND FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN DONE TO DEATH, THERE NEEDS TO BE LOTS AND LOTS OF DIFFERENT ROUNDS AND AN OPTION TO PLAY ALL OR TO CHOSSE WHICH ONES..... THE GAME IS SHORTER AND LESS OF A GAME THAN THE ONES ON THE PS2 WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE AS WE ALL BOUGHT PS3'S FOR BIGGER AND BETTER GAMES!!!

GGGRRRRRR

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

MixMix90

• MVP
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MixMix90
Accepted Solution
Calm down, no need to use caps lock.

But holbrook99 have the point (even that he isn't first to say it) - Example Buzz! Mega Quiz beats Quiz TV in almost everything. More (often) picture, video or music questions, longer rounds etc. Mega Quiz have about 5000 questions in DVD Disc, so why there is still same amount in Blu-ray Disc? It's really sad that space won't be even used for media and more questions. Now just have to buy 500 questions for 5 euros.

And even that we are living time where patching is possibility to console games - It doesn't mean that game developers puts half game to release, and then start to think what to update, and then sell it to customers....It's so wrong...It's really really super odd that even Trophies comes for free, why Relentless won't put it to store download for 25 euros? - I can't believe how this happened with this game...after many good PS2 releases.
0 Kudos

/16

JordanBlack68

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JordanBlack68
Accepted Solution
I'm disappointed that a game lasts only 5-10mins, you need to add more rounds in! We don't get to use the BUZZ button much playing the rounds.

I've noticed a critical bug, I remember playing a game with 4 people and the score was like this

Player 2 850
Player 1 950
Player 4 700
Player 3 600

Why is Player 2 winning, I've noticed this twice,
0 Kudos

/16

xenept

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xenept
Accepted Solution

Relentless, take a leaf out of Criterion's book (a fellow British company). Today they released a patch to Burnout that truly defines the way downloadable content can be delivered. They could easily have held back on some of the Freeburn modes to make a fast buck later on. However, what they have delivered is pretty astonishing for a patch.

Go check it out.

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=263

This demonstrates that if a software house has the appetite they can invest time in delivering a patch. Of course it is all about having a balance with costs but at the end of the day, customers have long memories. Right now, I simply cannot recommend Buzz to anyone unless I get positibe vibes that there is some kind of commitment that changes are afoot. Customers already stung by this version of Buzz will be particularly hesitant about purchasing anything in future from Relentless. Making a fast buck today is not always the best strategy.

We all sincerely look forward to see how Relentless will be shaping Buzz in the future. Lets hope that are all singing there praises!

0 Kudos

/16

super_monty

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
super_monty
Accepted Solution

xenept wrote:

Relentless, take a leaf out of Criterion's book (a fellow British company). Today they released a patch to Burnout that truly defines the way downloadable content can be delivered. They could easily have held back on some of the Freeburn modes to make a fast buck later on. However, what they have delivered is pretty astonishing for a patch.

Go check it out.

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=263

This demonstrates that if a software house has the appetite they can invest time in delivering a patch. Of course it is all about having a balance with costs but at the end of the day, customers have long memories. Right now, I simply cannot recommend Buzz to anyone unless I get positibe vibes that there is some kind of commitment that changes are afoot. Customers already stung by this version of Buzz will be particularly hesitant about purchasing anything in future from Relentless. Making a fast buck today is not always the best strategy.

We all sincerely look forward to see how Relentless will be shaping Buzz in the future. Lets hope that are all singing there praises!

Let's hope the do something quick cos as it stands the online game is rather *****.

0 Kudos

deadleaves
60gb
/16

BritishBeefUK

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BritishBeefUK
Accepted Solution
I contacted Relentless via their website regarding the inability to have more than one player during online play. That was 5 days ago and they haven't the courtesy to reply, so I don't hold out much hope for any fixes that won't cost more money. Pretty dissapointing really.
0 Kudos

/16

xenept

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xenept
Accepted Solution

Even my kids (who enjoyed it at the start) have stopped playing it due to repeated questions. Not a good endorcement.

Oh well, going to have to park this game or sell it if I don't hear positive vibes from Relentless. Such an incredible let down.

Think the valuable lesson for the future is to ignore the rave reviews and wait for real customers to buy a game and then assess their feedback before deciding.

0 Kudos

/16

xenept

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xenept
Accepted Solution

Just spotted this on ps3fanboy

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/08/buzz-fans-disappointed-in-ps3-outing/

Bad news spreads fast huh.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

MixMix90

• MVP
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MixMix90
Accepted Solution
Reason for fast repeating is those annoying categories and sub-categories. Game has 5000 questions = every category have about 1000 questions, sub-categories have about 250 questions.

Idea for that category thing may be good, but the bad things about it that some players only picks up same categories, and then repeating starts. It would been good that there wouldn't be categories...just like in PS2 Buzz's. Relentless people didn't thought this twice. There should have been at least 50 000 questions in disc to get these categories works fine. (50 000 questions would be 10 000 questions per category and 2 500 questions per sub-category.) Then repeating wouldn't have been so fast.
0 Kudos

/16

holbrook99

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
holbrook99
Accepted Solution
thats the thing, everybody knows there should have been something like 50,000 questions, but because they wanted to fleece us for dlc, they put a small amount on, so basically for the game we all thought we were getting we are gunna have to buy 100 more quiz packs which will cost over £350!!!! so nearly £400 for a complete game, now that is UTTER MADNESS!!!
0 Kudos

/16

Elenkis

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Elenkis
Accepted Solution
People seem quick to forget that creating good questions costs time and money for Relentless. It's a bit naive to think that just because a BD has more storage space that they can suck up the lack of revenue and do 10x more work than previous Buzz titles without passing the additional development costs on to customers. I agree that the DLC packs already completed should have been included in the game (though it should be noted that games are finished weeks before going on sale and they've likely been working on much of the current DLC during that time), but expecting 50,000 questions is a bit over the top.
0 Kudos

/16

st0rmbr1nger

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
st0rmbr1nger
Accepted Solution