Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Hello from Relentless

[ Edited ]

I got a real good deal on the scanner.

xen

PS ok ok, I was jesting. No scanner was purchased for this or any of my previous posts. Apologies for any confusion made herewith. I would also like to add that there is no icon on the back of the case indicating that the game supports head scanning. I would like to apologise to Relentless for any damages incurred by my erroneous statement. While I am it, I'd like to thank my parents for rearing me.

Message Edited by xenept on 09-07-2008 10:19 PM
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 174 (6,789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would like to use an ass as a head.

deadleaves
60gb
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 174 (6,776 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

super_monty wrote:

I would like to use an ass as a head.

LMHO
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 174 (6,762 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

First of all I would like to thank Dan & Relentless for updating us on the forum. Although it is difficult for you to give away too many details, it does make a huge difference to know that someone is looking at our posts and some work is going on behind the scenes, please keep the updates going as much as possible. I think that people do love the Buzz franchise and want it to be as successful as possible.

The areas that can be given a quick fix which will make the biggest difference I think are:

1. Random rounds or user specified rounds for online play- the current 3 are boring after a while.

2. Option for MyBuzz quizzes to be used online - perhaps only those quizzes rated 3 stars or higher?

3. Option to choose number of rounds online.

4. The obvious one - more players allowed online from same house.

5. Hide the answers given in current online 2nd round - its currently a waste of time.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 174 (6,753 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hey Dan I really love Buzz! Quiz Tv I was just wondering is there going to be more question packs on this weeks Playstation Store update.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 174 (6,750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

First of all, thnaks for taking the time to consider everyones feedback. Heres a little of my own.

The main big red Buzz button on the controller feels redundant, it barely gets used. I wish there were more rounds where you could use it, like the picture rounds in offline mode. Offline mode should be more flexible, it would be so nice to be able to create your own length and what style of rounds to play etc.

I personally don't really care about having my face on my charchter etc but voice chat would be nice, especially against mates. Sofa vs Sofa would be awesome 4 local vs 4 online although I realise this is tricky to implement with only one local user being able to log into PSN at a time.

Thanks

Samsung Series 6 40", 250GB PS3 Slim
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 174 (6,741 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I got my copy yesterday and so far have only played online.. In my first to games, I was logged out of PSN, which is the first time ever, so I hope this was just a co-incidence.. But when I managed to play a full round, I was actually surprised how few rounds there were, even after I had read all the posts here and knew what to expect.

But as others have said, in light of the fact that there are only 3 rounds, the fact that in the 2nd, you can see other peoples answers is rediculous.. To be honest, for several questions, I didn't know the answer, but instead of "cheating" and copying everyone else, I refused to answer. This did me no favours in terms of score, but I felt better in myself.. I just don't get the logic and I do think that the round is pointless and unfair.. When you consider that there are only 3 rounds, so this represents 33% of the game, its a HUGE oversight!

If there were 10 rounds, and this round was as it is now, then perhaps its might be an intersting idea, but when it represents such a huge portion of the game, it needs to go NOW!

This would be easy to 'fix' and I hope that Relentless are have already done this in the next update...

Time will tell!

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 174 (6,671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

jweaver wrote:

To be honest, for several questions, I didn't know the answer, but instead of "cheating" ...

If there were 10 rounds, and this round was as it is now, then perhaps its might be an intersting idea, but when it represents such a huge portion of the game, it needs to go NOW!

answer at the last minute in All that apply, either that or put the wrong answer in to start with and hope there's someone "cheating" and copies you before changing them at the last second

I wouldn't play if there were 10 rounds, the 3 rounds at the moment is just right for me, I have a young baby and a wife and only 1 TV in the house so I can't spend ages on the game, as I suspect a lot of people can't either

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 174 (6,660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

maffm wrote:

jweaver wrote:

To be honest, for several questions, I didn't know the answer, but instead of "cheating" ...

answer at the last minute in All that apply, either that or put the wrong answer in to start with and hope there's someone "cheating" and copies you before changing them at the last second

I wouldn't play if there were 10 rounds, the 3 rounds at the moment is just right for me, I have a young baby and a wife and only 1 TV in the house so I can't spend ages on the game, as I suspect a lot of people can't either

This only works if the other 2 people are also trying to catch out people who are 'cheating' too. The person who doesn't know is also going to go with the majority so if you try to catch them out but the other players don't they will still get the right answer. This is another reason why we need 2 or more local players in online games so we can have tactical rounds like this.

While I understand that not everyone is able to sit for hours playing games surely you don't turn on your PS3 and load up Buzz for only 1 game? it takes almost as long to turn on, boot up and get the game started as it does to play an online game! What we really need is some way of customising games so someone who just wants a short game still can but people who want a longer game (which I suspect are the majority) can do so. Games can never please everyone but the more things that can be customised the closer they will get.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 174 (6,648 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

maffm wrote:

I realise that you can put the wrong answers in and change them at the last minute.. But thats all the round turns into.. A sequence of bluff and double bluffs.. And then you run out of time and answer the wrong question.. Its just ill-concieved.

My suggestion of 10 rounds was just a number out of the air.. If there were MORE rounds (not 10) then perhaps this round might work.. But like many, I just don't get why it needs to be this way... The idea of "tick all that apply" is OK.. But why show you everyone elses answers...

And I do agree.. 3 rounds is just about right.. But it shouldn't be the same 3 rounds each and every time.. Its a shame that there arn't something like 10 'events'.. And an on-line game selects 3 different rounds from ones which are available.

Jon

Message Edited by jweaver on 10-07-2008 10:13 AM
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 174 (6,645 Views)
0 Kudos