Playstation Staff

Re: Improvement suggestion.

Dan. So far, I am enjoying the game. Thank you for putting out a good experience. I play frequently with my family, a game can consist of 3 to 8 players on our game nights. I must report that we have voted and prefer playing Mega quiz more than quiz tv. The wireless buzzers are great, but the experience in Mega quiz seems like it was a high point in the Buzz Series. Quiz tv looked as if it would take all the previous games and use the capacity of Blu-Ray to make this the last Buzz game you would need to buy. With online content, All you need is a good sound base to build off of. Buzz Quiz TV is not the base that the customer base is in search of, sadly. 

Some simple ideas I would like to share in hopes that the base of the Buzz game could be solid and withstand the test of time.

1) All round types available for 5-8 player games.

2) Profile saves for individuals (Look to LBP for the best example).

3) More types of rounds for single player games.

4) After the single player games, Show your score and even keep track of your scores.

5) Bring back Globe Trotter, even if it means reusing the material from Mega quiz. That could save on the time and money needed to do this.

6) Different ways to win such as first to a point limit. Final countdown style. Pie fight style. Highest point style. First with most correct answers. Elimination after so many incorrect answers.

7) For the R&D team, How feasible would it be to make importing material from previous games into Quiz TV? I have Mega quiz and if I could import those questions intoQuiz tv, that would be great. I know it would be a challenge, but your effort would be rewarded.

8)More round types for custom questions than just fastest finger and stop the clock.

Other thoughts:

-Rechargable wireless buzzers.

-$7.99 for add on packs is a bit steep. $4.99 would be easier to handle. BUT, I buy them anyway in hopes that the money      I spend will help make the game better in the future. 

I really feel that you have a franchise that can do great things and I wish you the best in your future projects. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40 (2,250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Just wanted to reassure you guys we still read these forums and are still taking note of your excellent feedback.  Thanks a lot for continuing to take the time to give us your ideas.

Cheers,
Dan

----
www.relentless.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40 (2,148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

dan_relentless ha escrito:

Just wanted to reassure you guys we still read these forums and are still taking note of your excellent feedback.  Thanks a lot for continuing to take the time to give us your ideas.

Cheers,
Dan

And does this mean that there will be further updates for Buzz! beyond 1.10? A new version? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40 (2,136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

We desperately need new rounds, i would hate this game to get old as i love it so much (only had it 2 days so it is still fresh).

I played the PS2 ones alot and you should bring back all the old rounds from ps2 and some new ones. It can't be that hard as you have done it before and it would do nothing but increase sales.

One addition i would like is a collection of virtual money you get for winning quizzes online that can be used to purchase stuff to outfit and decorate your characters and quiz podium. That would be a nice touch.

Thanks for the series Dan, been alot of fun since day one and still is :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by RevGoon on 09-01-2009 10:35 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40 (2,111 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Bit more feedback from me: I played with a 'bunch of casuals' this christmas, basically the family types ages 15 - 70. Those not really into gaming or a bit older found the reaction based rounds quite tough and unrewarding... when you think about it thats the majority of the rounds. Perhaps in the future you could consider a round/or some rounds where one player gets the focus aimed at them so they can ponder on a question and answer in their own time (within limit of course)?

I think they also found that in the chaos of rounds introducing themselves, they didn't really get a chance to absorb the instructions fully before the round was launched into ... perhaps customisable tutorial options, select newbies in options to have rounds introduced in a bit more of a considered pace, with that unticked to have them fire out like we have it now for players who are accustomed to the game. I also reckon on buzzer rounds you need to make it even more clear who it is who has hit in first. Perhaps a closeup of the buzz in winner? There was a lot of "I've pressed my buzzer, has anything happened? Who got that right?".

Perhaps some alternate gameplay styles to suit all people. When it comes to the reaction rounds, I pretty much totalled everyone once we hit Final Countdown. Choose a knowledge gameplay style which is more considered rounds, choose an action gameplay style which is like our existing path through. Like someone has mentioned a small way up in here, have finales based on elimination, amassing a high score, "penalty shoot out" style (like Weakest Link). DON'T do anything like Scene It where slowest finger and most wrong answers get rewarded!!

I guess this would be a nightmare to patch in as we know it, so perhaps this could be something for future Buzz.

One more thing, for the main menu screen (in Buzz's apartment), perhaps one day you could have that customisable based on what residence you have in Home! That might be a big ask/logistical nightmare to implement. Unless you have something in Home that detects if you have a Buzz disc in and gives you a buzz remote & TV to add to your Home, letting you launch from that.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40 (2,075 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I really like the Buzz! Quiz TV, but I miss 2 functions:

1. To be able to select language when the game starts, I have the console set to display text in the XMB in english, but I want to play Buzz! in Swedish. This mean that I need to go to system and change the language of the XMB to swedish everytime I want to play Buzz!.

2. Be able to select the number of questions or length (e.g. short/medium/long) of a round. I personally think the rounds are to short now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40 (2,063 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Have Buzz Mega Quiz and Buzz Music Quiz for the PS2 and now have the PS3 version.  Although I think the PS3 version is great I'd like to echo some of the comments regarding Mega Quiz as a highlight of the series.

RE: The Pie Fight changes as mentioned by artur1982, the whole concept of the Pie Fight round is that you can pie yourself.  Without the chance of a self-inflicted pieing, the round just wouldn't be fun!

Message Edited by Scubafinch on 13-01-2009 05:30 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 40 (2,052 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Scubafinch wrote:

RE: The Pie Fight changes as mentioned by artur1982, the whole concept of the Pie Fight round is that you can pie yourself. Without the chance of a self-inflicted pieing, the round just wouldn't be fun!

Message Edited by Scubafinch on 13-01-2009 05:30 PM

From reading this forum I see that people are either for or against pie fight. I think the best solution would be to have targeting method configurable.
I understand that hitting yourself is fun for some people, for me it's just frustrating.
Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 40 (2,042 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The targetting is not an issue for me, its the fact that on 2 player mode, you pretty much have the chance to FLY a resounding 1000 points into the lead, heavily skewing the points in favour of that player.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40 (2,033 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Rif.: Re: Improvement suggestion.

dan_relentless ha scritto:

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan!
Could you please confirm you are aware of the day one "steal points wrong pictures" bug in Italian version, too? Are you working to correct this?
Sorry for being so annoying, but nobody ever answered to our complains in both Italian and English forums and we've paid for a product that has always been faulty so we are a little disappointed.
Maybe we just chose the wrong topics. Since you say you read this one, I hope you'll answer this time. ^__^
Here's a description of the bug:
Ciao e a presto!
Il mondo è quadrato e saltella con noi!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40 (2,022 Views)
0 Kudos