[ANZ] Archive

CONSOLERAMA

CONSOLERAMA

Level 3

Re: Console sales charts

IPityDaFoolYo wrote:
far out 360s are getting cheap - $199 for an arcade from like kmart atm! any serious video game fan who doesnt have one really has no excuse now. for the price of 2 games you can open up a huge back catalogue of awesome exclusives, better multiplatform games, and all the upcoming exclusives.

Its probably a christmas or stock clearance promotion .

I agree its a great deal but the RRP is still $299 for an arcade.

And I guess the excuse could be ...well I could just buy another 2 games :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 75 (768 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I still think the Xbox 360 will beat the PS3 this generation, but the Wii will always win. Honestly there's no difference between the two consoles, that's why I don't get why people whinge so much over which is better. The real winners are the people who own both :smileytongue: No more exclusives.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 75 (751 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hmm I dont actually, the PS3 will catch up (its been slowly happening)

I think the Wii does have it in the bag.

However I believe they may run into lots of trouble next gen.

They cant do a Wii 2 ...as in casual gamers wont pay more

for another Wii.

They either need to come up with another fad or join the big

boys and make actual proper games. :smileyvery-happy:.

But I do agree the gamers are the winners.

I dont think you need to own both consoles to be honest

as most games come out on both. But its by no means a bad thing

Ive been a 2 console (I dont count my Wii) owner since

the PS3 launched (as I had a 360 already).

I think its a maturity thing in some ways

growing up I was a Sega fanboy ...that was a real war :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 75 (740 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

tjohn323 wrote:

However I believe they may run into lots of trouble next gen.

They cant do a Wii 2 ...as in casual gamers wont pay more

for another Wii.

They either need to come up with another fad or join the big

boys and make actual proper games. :smileyvery-happy:.

I don't see why not, considering that most of their games are just rehashed old games as it is. Haven't seen anything truly new from them in a long time. Just a lot of Mario, Pokemon and Zelda games..

BTG forums
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 75 (738 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Gunslinger_75 wrote:

What's the difference between the Arcade and the Elite?  Is it just the lack of HDD?  I don't suppose they've cut the price of the HDD, wireless network adapter and XBL subscription as well, have they?

only difference is colour and the hdd. i did see the wireless network adapter for $50 at Kmart the other day too.
theres no new xbox coming this year. project natal is coming though, and theyre treating that like a new console launch
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 75 (725 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Oh yeah kudos for that :smileyhappy:,

forgot about Natal..

I stand by my no new consoles till late 2011

at the earliest..... but likely 2012 (maybe later)

@ GTR. before the Wii the last 2 Ninty consoles

where not what they hoped, because they clung to those brands.

To be honest they have done the same thing with the Wii,

its just people say ZOMG you can wave the controller around.

If they try and do the same thing with a Wii 2.

the only people who will buy it will be Ninty fanboys.

who I find to be the most annoying out of PS/Xbox

fanboys.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 75 (712 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

IPityDaFoolYo wrote:
theres no new xbox coming this year. project natal is coming though, and theyre treating that like a new console launch

I agree with you on that one.  I think it'll be 2011 at the absolute earliest, and more likely 2012, before we see a next-gen console from anybody.  Although Nintendo may decide to join the current generation in 2010 :smileytongue:

I really don't sense any great desire for a new console from either gamers or developers.  I don't think we've seen the best of either the PS3 or the 360 yet, and it'll probably be the next 1-2 years that we do finally see them really stretch their legs. I do think the quality of multiplatform titles will probably plateau, but the exclusives are what really push any piece of hardware and there's still more to be had there.

So if most gamers don't seem to be in a rush to upgrade, developers are still getting more out of the current hardware, platform holders are happy making money on their existing platforms and publishers never like the arrival of new consoles due to the costs of the transition, there doesn't seem to be much of a case for the arrival of a new generation of consoles for a couple of years yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 75 (707 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

IPityDaFoolYo wrote:
theres no new xbox coming this year.

Of course not, with less than 24 hours to go till 2010, it's improbable. I surely hope not, anyway.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 75 (702 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

hahah good call. no new console in 2010 either :smileyhappy:. well apart from OnLive, which looks awesome, although it wont be very good with australias internet speeds.

i think we'll see the new ones, or at least the new xbox, in 2012. if theres to be a new PS3, it has to be released within 6 months or sony will be pulling out of the console business.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 75 (691 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

IPityDaFoolYo wrote:
hahah good call. no new console in 2010 either :smileyhappy:. well apart from OnLive, which looks awesome, although it wont be very good with australias internet speeds.

i think we'll see the new ones, or at least the new xbox, in 2012. if theres to be a new PS3, it has to be released within 6 months or sony will be pulling out of the console business.

Or, they could wait a few years. There will still be multiplats. A new Xbox won't have great games overnight. After a couple of years, Sony then comes along and releases a new console, of which it takes advantage of newer and better technology. The multiplats will then already be at a high standard for the Xbox, and assuming that the devs aren't nutjobs, they'll easily be able to take advantage of a more capable PS3 and the multiplats will be up to par very quickly.

The PS3 is set up to last longer than the 360, which will allow it to have a stronger console than the Xbox counterpart. Will also go down well with the PS3 owners, as they have a console that they still don't need to upgrade as soon.

In other words, the generations of consoles are likely to become awkwardly scattered, with them alternating between having the best tech.

BTG forums
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 75 (687 Views)
0 Kudos