26 Oct 2008
Playstation Staff

Rock Band Thread (now that the game is FINALLY here)

596 Replies 3,455 Views Created 26-10-2008

Anybody playing this yet? ... no-one has mentioned it at all ...

I'd have bought it on Day 1 except for a few things...

1. The 360 didn't get back until after the Day 1 release, so I didn't want to buy it until I had a console back

2. I'm playing Dead Space.. and will probably do at least two runs through before I break my gameplay with another game... and I suppose I'm financially spreading my purchases till at least next payday..

3. I want to finish the rest of the bonus songs on GH2 before I start RB...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 597 (3,455 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Rock Band Thread (now that the game is FINALLY here)

Totally forgot about this game....

i might just grab the game by itself and use my GH guitar for now.... considering the GHWT review was pretty crappy....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 597 (3,434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

is it out in Aus?!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 597 (3,430 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but from memory our release date for it is a week before Guitar Hero: World Tour.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 597 (3,413 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Rock Band comes out at $99.95 (EB)+ $220 Instruments on the 7.11 a week before GHWT, I am thinking of getting the rock band disc with the GHWT instruments. Any thoughts on if I imported rock band 2 would I get the songs off a local rock band 1 disk? 
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 597 (3,385 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I don't think the instruments are cross-compatible. 

Had Rock Band been released earlier I would have bought it on release day (I even have the money put aside for it). But the whole delay fiasco has somewhat changed my opinion. Why should I buy RB when RB2 is already out in other regions? This moved me to looking at GH:WT but the song list just doesn't do it for me which then also made me realise that if I bought the thing I'd have nowhere to store the drums/guitars etc!

Oh well, more time to spend on LBP (when it's available again).

Message Edited by Mulletino on 28-10-2008 12:31 AM

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 597 (3,377 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Mulletino wrote:

I don't think the instruments are cross-compatible. 

if theyre not currently they will be - both microsoft and sony have said that they will be made to be compatible.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 597 (3,374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

The biggest compatibility issue has always been (on both consoles and all games) using Rock Band guitars on Guitar Hero games... and as far as I know there has been no confirmation it will work on WT either... otherwise IIRC from a link I posted here weeks ago, everything pretty much works...

The developers for both have said that Rock Band 2 and World Tour instruments will all be completely compatible... but I don't believe there has been confirmation towards Rock Band 1 instruments...

If there are too many repeats of that review posted on WT I think I will be sticking with Harmonix... shame the instruments they use are supposedly *****e though.... Hmm, GH instruments on RB I think.....

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 597 (3,365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/18/ps3-music-peripheral-compatibility-update/

Hi everybody, Michael Shorrock, here. I’m the Director of Publisher Relations here at SCEA. I work closely with all of the publishers and developers who create games for all PlayStation platforms. While SCEA had a ton of great announcements at E3, I’m excited to say, we have one more for today, one that I know a lot of you have been asking about:

For the past several months, we have been working closely with Neversoft and Activision, Harmonix and Konami to ensure that PlayStation 3 guitars and drum sets will all feature a basic level of gameplay compatibility.

For the most part, this means that the titles with musical peripherals will work with the other’s software. A few specific examples include: Guitar Hero: World Tour’s guitars and drums will work with Rock Band 2 and Konami’s Rock Revolution software.

And yes, you guessed it, Rock Band 2’s guitar and drum set will work with Guitar Hero: World Tour and with Rock Revolution.

Conversely, Rock Revolution’s drum set will work with both Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2.

In addition, Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2 will both support the SingStar microphones.

We’re still working hard to ensure compatibility between the Guitar Hero and Rock Band titles currently on the market, and we hope to have an announcement on that shortly.

Of course each of these great games have their own specific cool features that may not be compatible with the other controllers, but this is our first big step in bringing a level of compatibility to music games that is sure to benefit PlayStation 3 consumers.

Keep an eye out here for more information in the future.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 597 (3,359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

and i assume the 360 will be the same??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 597 (3,348 Views)
0 Kudos