95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Anyone else bored of COD?

83 Replies 648 Views Created 05-03-2012
Dont get me wrong im not bashing it,... Just i used to be a big cod fan but now days i get bored 10 minutes after putting the disc in.

Maybe its because year after year nothing has really changed?

I find myself more drawn to games like Killzone 3, BF3.

I dont no,... Just wanted to get that off my chest hehe
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
No so much complaining about the game. Just the people!! The killstreaks are easily destroyed. super easily in fact. It's just the fact people camp to get these ratio's and long streaks that ruin the game.

And haha yes. If I returned to BF3 I'd not be caring about blowin up tanks. I've learned my lesson (and that they're invincible coupled with an engineer lol) so I'm staying away from those areas and instead using the Aek (my favourite from bfbc2 or the Famas) of theyre both available to engineer.

I don't know what to do!!! Help me mr I!!
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else bored of COD?

/16

X-Substance

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X-Substance
Accepted Solution

Campers ***** me off for roughly... 5 seconds. Then I kill them or kill everyone else. I don't really understand how you only get into games with campers. Then again I was labelled a camper when I took A, B, C domination constantly whilst out scoring the highest kills to death player. People throw the word around just because someone took cover for a second so they could actually win the game.

Edit: Here's a suggestion that must be able to work. Get a team together. If a camper kills you someone on your team will end them quickly and vice versa. You kill any camper that gets a team mate which results in them not staying in game.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

thewoe

95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thewoe
Accepted Solution
i used to play cod4 and mw3, and black ops with groups of buds, but they are all bored of it too. I dont know just the game is boring now.
0 Kudos

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst-- wrote:
No so much complaining about the game. Just the people!! The killstreaks are easily destroyed. super easily in fact. It's just the fact people camp to get these ratio's and long streaks that ruin the game.

And haha yes. If I returned to BF3 I'd not be caring about blowin up tanks. I've learned my lesson (and that they're invincible coupled with an engineer lol) so I'm staying away from those areas and instead using the Aek (my favourite from bfbc2 or the Famas) of theyre both available to engineer.

I don't know what to do!!! Help me mr I!!

Come tanking with me and you'll discover tanks are not invincible and I reckon I'm a tough tank to take out :D you definitely wouldn't get me (no offence)

Both the AEK 971 and FAMAS are assault rifles. Engineers get carbines (shortened barrel length of another gun)

• G36C (G36)
  • M4A1 (M16A3) 
  • M4 (M16A4) (the M4s and M16s are combined stats between the variants. IE unlock an ACOG for the M4A1 its available to use on the M4)
  • SCAR - H ( don't confuse that with SCAR - L.  L = light = 5.56mm, H = heavy = 7.62mm both guns can be easily changed between the standard barrel a lengthed barrel for marksmen and shortened to make carbine.
  • SG553 (SG550)
  • A91 (not actually a carbine, its a bullpup lay out makes it over all very short like the L85 and FAMAS which are much shorter than M16s but have similar lenght barrels despite being shorter in length. Its Russian but chambered for NATO 5.56, why no idea)
  • AKS-74 (AK 74)
  • G53/HK33 (Based on the G3 battle rifle but shorter and chambered for 5.56 not 7.62) B2K
  • QBZ-95B (QBZ-95 Chinese service rifle) B2K

All use the same ammo as the Assault classes guns so they are very similar in performance but lack accuracy at range due to shorter barrels but a little easier to use at close quarters. Except for the SCAR H which is a lot more powerful due to a more powerful round, higher recoil. Don't forget you can pick from various shot guns and PDWs in all classes.

The engineer kit is best only when needed. Assault and support are better options. Use the engineer kit on vehicle heavy maps (if needed). Support kit is also effective for anti vehicle role 

Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
No offense Cloud (you might take offense though :D) but you sound like a really bad player at cod. If i'm not mistaken, you're the type of player that gets shot by someone, dies and then goes to the same location for a revenge kill only to die again. I always enjoy facing these type of players because they are just easy kills and you sound like you fit the category.

You say you enjoy running and gunning yet you always die by 'campers'. Isn't it time you change your tactics and playing style to actually suit the match you are playing in. Running/gunning does not always work and you are probably costing your team more with this play style.

/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
No no. I get killed by a camper then I rage. . .flash him and kill him.

It's just the fact he killed me once that annoys me. At which point I'll be running around again. . .and get shot in the back by another person camping in a corner.

I'm rarely killed twice by the same camper. Usually finish top or near the top of the scoreboard :)

I don't rage when a camper kills me three times in a row! AS THAT NEVER HAPPENS. It's just the fact he killed me at all using such filthy camping tactics that disgusts me. And the fact there's more like him on the other team which leads to a boring game :)
0 Kudos

/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution
I RAGE when I get killed by people running around spraying bullets everywhere like headless chickens. I much prefer the more pro player who takes up a spot, gets a kill and moves on

Long live the campers

/16

ashman123

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ashman123
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst is funny.

0 Kudos

/16

Durzo__Blint

68%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Durzo__Blint
Accepted Solution
Cloudburst - try checking your corners, flashing/stunning a room before entering, using a motion sensor, staying out of long lines of sight, watch for team-mate deaths (skulls), watch the kill-feed, consider enemy spawn locations and objective impact on likely enemy positions etc, etc, etc - and play with at least 1 other person with a mic if possible. If you insist on running and gunning all the time then expect to be caught out by a "camper" frequently. Get over it or change your play style, or don't play the game.
0 Kudos

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

Don't worry guys, he's gone back to BF3. :Lol:

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

xXoChRiiSoXx

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xXoChRiiSoXx
Accepted Solution

thewoe wrote:
Dont get me wrong im not bashing it,... Just i used to be a big cod fan but now days i get bored 10 minutes after putting the disc in.

Maybe its because year after year nothing has really changed?

I find myself more drawn to games like Killzone 3, BF3.

I dont no,... Just wanted to get that off my chest hehe

Yes same! I used to enjoy playing cod for many hours in my free time, i play Blackops more now. I dont even bother buying the new MW3 Maps/ Elite etc - I might even just sell the game :O

0 Kudos

/16

stevewhu

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stevewhu
Accepted Solution
bored or just fed up? the isn't fun when you're shooting people and they aren't dieing, and i mean up close with a shot gun. RIP COD
0 Kudos

/16

stevewhu

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stevewhu
Accepted Solution
I can't believe i still see people on my friends list playing the game all the time. Its full of campers and IW just love the killstreaks to be over powered and dominate the game. They said it would be gun on gun like COD4 but that was total horse crap. The community have been lied to from the start , no second chance? well last stand is just as bad, also dead mans hand is just stupid. The game is catered for noobs to get cheap kills.... death streaks and support package. Sometimes you are punished for being good at the game and don't get me going on about the lag and horrible hit detection issues.
Ive lost the love for COD now.... sad times :(
0 Kudos

/16

Smokin_Whippet

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smokin_Whippet
Accepted Solution

MW3 haters make me laugh - its almost like they are monitoring the psn forum for negativity - once found its blown 10 fold out of proportion - seriously get a life and just dont play the game.

/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
I lost the love of it. It has so much potential.

But when you encourage camp rewards. Well....EVERYONE CAMPS lol. It's not rocket science.

That leads to boring snore fest frustrating games. It's the players that ruined cod
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Smokin_Whippet

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smokin_Whippet
Accepted Solution

lol - you say you've lost the love as well and in previous posts you consistanly diss the game, players & even the weapons,  yet you still play the game - my question is why?  Why would anyone pickup the game with these issues?  The probs you have with MW3 are slightly exaggerated IMO - dont get me wrong there are probs with mw3 but the game is certainly not unplayable due to campers etc etc.

Haters are funny - they simply cant adapt in cod

/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
Haters? :D Can't adapt?? :D

I've played them all. I haven't played mw3 extensively for about a month now since I realised what it had become.

Camping has NEVER been so RAMPENT. The game is geared towards camping. It encourages it. It WANTS players to hide in corners to get streaks. It's awful. It's a plague.

It's not about a need to adapt....to adapt in cod would just be sitting in a corner aimed down your sights like every one else :D :D
0 Kudos

/16

Smokin_Whippet

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smokin_Whippet
Accepted Solution

If your not a hater then what are you? You clearly dont like MW3 as nearly every post Ive seen you comment on MW3  your slating it - so why play it?

As for camping, its ALWAYS been in CODs and thats a fact  - you take the easy way & moan about them instead of getting on with the game & kicking there asses into touch.

Dont get me wrong I find campers annoying but once you kill them a couple of times in the game they soon leave so whats the problem.

0 Kudos

/16

stevewhu

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stevewhu
Accepted Solution
why so mad that people don't like COD anymore? you tell me to get a life yet you're getting mad at me for not liking a game.
0 Kudos

/16

Smokin_Whippet

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smokin_Whippet
Accepted Solution

No Im not getting mad that people dont like cod - far from it - I just  cant understand why people complain about it constantly yet still play - surely if you dont like it then you dont play it - simple

0 Kudos

/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
I've been hatin mw3?

I created the thread saying that MW3 was the best cod ever LOL. That kind of proves you wrong.

People are angry and upset because this game has potential to be great. We love the franchise. So it hurts to see the franchise raped in the way it has been. The game hasn't been supported and the player base ruins it by camping for high kill streaks. Even more than usual now. Mw3 is nothing but a camp fest.

The gameplay is great when it works - but what's the point when you put streaks in that encourage people to sit in corners aimed down sights for a 25 kill streak? People camp even more knowin that with lag compensation that they may be shot around a corner if they dare try to run around.

I LOVE cod. S&D in cod4 was amazing. So THAT'S why we moan about it. Because we hate to see the franchise in this state.

It's a mess which hurts when the fundamental ingredients for a good game are there.

Make a CoD4 playlist. 3,5,7 killstreaks. And it'd go some way to fixing it. But then again you have to ask "why do you need to make a 5 year old playlist to make the latest game in the series playable!"
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel