Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: [Black Ops 2] Impressions thread

freeze restart ps3 check hdd  join a online game and start and again freeze reboot ps3 and re check hdd game is totally broken now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 149 (707 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

penny84 wrote:

freeze restart ps3 check hdd  join a online game and start and again freeze reboot ps3 and re check hdd game is totally broken now.

Back up your game saves.

photo AWESOMEO00.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 149 (689 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Slightly confused by unlock tokens. Do I have to chose what to unlock wisely, or can I unlock everything regardless?

Menu will take some getting used to. Keeps getting odd freezes online to, like 3-5 second freeze then the game continues, pretty annoying.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 149 (677 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Turns out I didn't need to pre-order in the end as someone got me it as a surprise! Woo!

Well, what can I say? Loving it so far! Had a bad patch for about 20 mins where host kept migrating and game was ending early, other than that it's all been ace!

Domination is fantastic, the 'B' on all maps I've played has been contested fantastically. Not too sure on domination having rounds and time limits though.

Cargo is my favourite map so far purely because I got a 21/0 on it, just a shame I had guardian as my highest scorestreak... Not tried a lot of the new scorestreak but guardian is good (particularly for domination). The RC-xd's explosive power seems to have been toned down too which is welcome!

For you guys having freezing problems, have you tried installing the textures to HDD (right at the bottom of options in multiplayer) - I did this before I played so don't know how it effects it but had no freezing issues on my old phat 80gb PS3 here.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 149 (622 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Cringles88 wrote:

Slightly confused by unlock tokens. Do I have to chose what to unlock wisely, or can I unlock everything regardless?

Menu will take some getting used to. Keeps getting odd freezes online to, like 3-5 second freeze then the game continues, pretty annoying.

You get a token for every level, then when you prestige apparently you can choose different options, one being that you keep your previous levels on your guns once you unlock them again, so maybe the tokens too?

Or you can reset (re-spec) so I wouldn't worry too much!! (Refunded tokens)

Or just prestige as normal!?!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 149 (615 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Fairly enjoying it after a few hours. I had the texture pack installed from the start, but after a while the freezing stopped happening as much.

The constant UAV thing is highly annoying. Won't be so bad as long as the counter UAV is unlocked early enough. Had some great games tonight. Even hard core team death match I'm enjoying.

Are all the maps available on TDM? I kept seeing the same maps show up, then when I played HC mode, I seen all new maps. Hope they eventually have all maps rotate on TDM at least. 

TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 149 (598 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Nuketown is where it should be, out of the main maps and on it's own.

Now I don't have to worry about jumping into a game and it being Nuketown, unless I want it to be.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 149 (554 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I agree with you about nuke town, but it's pretty pants that I may not see a map because its on a game type I mdisney enjoy. 

TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 149 (548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

The only mode in Nuketown is Moshpit

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 149 (539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

The game is light years better than MW3.

I was a big fan of COD4, WaW didn't tickle my fancy due to the WW2 setting again, MW2 was decent, I expected nothing from Black Ops and really enjoyed it, MW3 was turgid, brown and boring I think I barely played more than 40 hours the entire year I had it and most of that was in the last month to get used to the controls again.

Black Ops 2 actually tries to change things up a bit, the campaign seems a lot better so far, the new UI is great, the wealth of options in multiplayer is fantastic, the maps seem varied and balanced and I enjoy that nuketown is on a seperate play list. I have been disconnected a few times and my k/d ratio is pretty pants compared to what it used to be but the game is fun and it feels like its worth the money, with MW3 I felt like all I had bought was a big DLC pack.

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 149 (529 Views)
0 Kudos