94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Black Ops 2 Unofficial Tip Sharing Thread

96 Replies 6,342 Views Created 20-04-2013

I've realized that there isn't any sort of tip sharing thread for Black Ops 2. Be free to share any combat tips, tricks or tutorials here. Unfortunately I don't have any useful tips but I'm sure you guys do.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
-------------------------------
Beer for anyone who remembers who I am. I've changed a lot, so I'm no longer that awkward immature teenager.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

SteveyC1986

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SteveyC1986
Accepted Solution

Press R1 to kill everything on screen.

Re: Black Ops 2 Unofficial Tip Sharing Thread

Accessible, the word that's been ripping the soul out of every game you used to love.
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution
I'm now going to do one tip every other day
Today's tip: Remember to build the turbine at the beginning of tranzit so you can load up on perks early.

Beer for anyone who remembers who I am. I've changed a lot, so I'm no longer that awkward immature teenager.
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution

Today's zombie tip. A miniguide to BO2 TranZit perks :D, I'll do one perk a day to analyze

Please note that these images do not belong to me

Quick Revive

Effect: Automatic revival after down

The perk is in the corner of the starting room, simply build the turbine and place it in front of it. It costs 500 points in singleplayer and 1500 in multiplayer. It's effects are slightly different in multiplayer, it simply lets you revive other players faster.

Todays Multiplayer Tip: Do not try to use snipers as primary weapons, it normally ends up in getting killed. Always utilize a close range/fully automatic weapon when using snipers.

Todays campaign tip: In campain you are not restricted to pick 10, just remember that. You have primary gunfighter, overkill and secondary gunfighter automatically.

[ Edited ]
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution

Yep, as promised I'm going to continue the guide

Now to Speed Cola :D

Speed Cola

Effect: Increases reloading time by 50% and barricade repair by 60%

This perk first appeared in Verruckt

Perk jingle

This video belongs to TheBenzRHD

Perk render:

The perk in the second bus stop (diner), in the diner near the MP5. Remember you'll need the turbine to get this perk unless you've turned on the power. It costs 3000 and is highly advised that you buy it if using LMGs and Wonder Weapons. This perks function is identical in all modes including Grief and solo.

Multiplayer tip of the day - Silencers on Sniper Rifles impact on range greatly, do not use the Ballista with a silencer, it has awful range :smileytongue:

Todays campaign tip - You can unlock special weapons by completing challenges

/16

jontonathon

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jontonathon
Accepted Solution

Basic tips. Die rise.

There are 4 entry points in the first room , 4 players , do the math , no need to charge around like a loon plugging them all , also no need to lob nades at them all either , not a game of tdm not about getting all the kills , points are where it's at for the early rounds.  Best way stab on round 1 no bullets unless they are the military type zombie these require 2 knife blows on round 1 , round 2 shoot them 4 times then knife , round 3 shoot 8 times then knife , round 4 12 shots minimum then knife , round 5 yeah buy a gun pdw is solid for starts.  Using this method you should have a decent points haul  for getting set up.

Jumpers , I prefer to shoot them first time round this way I have 4 perks I want when they come round next time , then if I get saddled with who's who I'm not too fussed.

Slick gun , this should go to the strongest player if you want to go far , I've found the best way is for the slick gun guy to train them up in the room with the hole in the floor while 3 others stay in the little inshot to the right of the hole , think it might actually be a cloakroom toilet?  Someone plants a tramplesteamer on the approach path to ward off a stray or 2 , everyone shoots them while he trains them all , he takes all the risk so needs the slick gun for emergencies. 

Tramplesteamer , once you've put the power on there's no need to ever go back that way , from the room I've just mentioned you can get everywhere pretty quickly , first box location , set a tramplesteamer on the little down slope which will propel you through the window you can't otherwise get through , set it through the doorway next to the room with the hole , about halfway on the right hand mattress any further and you'll face plant the wall and die , make it overlaps the mattress slightly any further back and it's gonna be tight. This allows downed players to jump over and get nog unopposed , as long as no one shoots any  they won't spawn on him.

Monkeys , these are not for individuals to scoop points and kills , hate seeing that , use when someone is down should be obvious really.

Insta kill , don't shoot knife nade semtex or claymore , this will help you get the red insta kill which kills zombies that contact with you , it's a godsend get it if possible , takes multiple insta kill rounds without firing a shot to get , you shoot one you're back to the start.

Kaboom , only 400 points , kill as many as possible and take it when it's flashing fast.

Max ammo , you got it on you use it , your about to get a full resupply , throw monkeys nades claymores the lot!

Perks , basic 3 nog , speed double tap , after that fill your boots , I tend to go for revive or mule kick , dependent on whether I've got monkeys or not.

Mics , get one and use it!     :Thumbs:

/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution
Nice, but you forgot to mention monkey bombs can only be obtained from the mystery box. If you kill jumpers without missing a bullet you get a free perk.

/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution

Todaaaays tips from ProGamerX56, although no-one reads it I post 'em anyway :P.

Continuing my perk guide and then a few extras

Storing weapons in the fridge

In the main farm building, you can find a fridge which can be used to store all weapons EXCEPT Wonder Weapons and the M1911 (however the mustang and sally can be stored) through multiple playthroughs.

Double Tap Root Beer

This perk costs 2000, and makes your fire rate increase, you will not reload faster, but you will place equipment faster. This doesn't take any effects on certain weapons such as wonder weapons however does apply to bolt action weapons. It spawns on the top floor of the barn. It is in the same location in farm.

Guide to Gold - Assault Rifles

Assault Rifles are not that hard to get headshots on, get 100 headshots to get Kryptek which enables progress of the other challenges. For Carbon Filter, you need to find a long range map like Downhill or Overflow. I'd recommend using hybrid sights to kill other players from far away to get a longshot medal, you'll need 10.

Cherry Blossom is one of the easiest ones to get, you need to simply get 150 kills with no attatchments. Art of War may be a pain in the ass if you try to do it WITH cherry blossom, do it seperately and you'll save a lot of frustration. For Art of War you need to get 150 kills with no perks, but you can load out on attatchments. Next Ronin, you'll need to be ideally on an objective based games which enemies generally crowd in one place. Like Demolition, while the enemies are planting the bomb, take them out quickly and you can snatch and Double Kill. Do not get a Triple Kill or it will not count. You'll need 20 to get Ronin.

Now, finally, the Skulls, which is really the only hard thing. You will need to get 10 bloodthirsties using that weapon only. There's no real strategic way to get this but there is modes which can help to get this: Domination, Demolition, Hardpoin, Headquarters and CTF. Enemies usually camp at objectives which can be handy to quickly pick them off. Or you can stay at the side-lines and pick off enemies.

Thanks, and I'm out :D

/16

jontonathon

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jontonathon
Accepted Solution

You forgot double tap also increases weapon damage , best gun to check it on executioner or the python , goes from a 2 hit kill back to one when purchased.

/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution

jontonathon wrote:

You forgot double tap also increases weapon damage , best gun to check it on executioner or the python , goes from a 2 hit kill back to one when purchased.

Oops.

/16

kyrajack29

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kyrajack29
Accepted Solution

Trade in in for an unbroken game:Stupid:

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

kyrajack29 wrote:

Trade in in for an unbroken game:Stupid:

Can't be all that bad if you managed to play MP for almost 500 hrs?

Anyway....

Not really a tip but I've noticed a lot of people who leave their career screen blank. There's three slots (Showcase) for any playercards you wanna to show off (hard to get ones or just ones you like the look of) & a space to put a screenshot taken in theater mode (Profile shot).

/16

whiteboy38rams

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
whiteboy38rams
Accepted Solution

Have a tip to start your tips thread off with 

/16

Close_Enemies

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Close_Enemies
Accepted Solution

When playing Domination try and actually capture some flags maybe? every single game i play the top player has like 2 captures (probably when they cap the nearest flag to them when they spawn at the start and at halftime) and like 30-40 kills and becomes the top player where as i get less kills but 8+ captures per game and finish 3rd or 4th

I dont think you get enough points for capturing flags especially B flag which is really hard to capture on certain maps, today i finished a game with 9 captures and the top player had 3 :/ theres no insentive to capture flags when you can just finish top by camping by flags and killing players who actually play the objective, people dont care whether they win the game or not if they have a good K/D ratio

Currently Playing: Bioshock Infinite / Splinter Cell: Blacklist
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution

A few tips:

1. S&D - Try not to depart from the group

2. FFA - Try to find high vantage points to pick off your targets and make sure no enemies sneak behind

3. Hardcore - Don't teamkill

4. General - Don't use sbipers for your only weapon as you have nothing for close range

5. General - Hold R1 through a killcam and for as long as you hold it, your character is completely idle with no sway

6. This isn't really a tip, but boosting is noobish

7. Getting gold on weapons is good to grind XP

PS: I'll give kudos to handy tips

[ Edited ]
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution

Really, does anyone have tips, it doesn't have to be a big one and it'll help people out.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

I have a few.

1. If your new to COD watch the kill cams. Really good for seeing where people hide/camp and can also let you know how the other guy got the better of you and generally how to improve.

2. Use the mini map but remember its about a second behind the action to think where they will be not where they are on the map. Orbital V-Sat is live though.

3. Sensitivity! Having it high definitely helps but increase it slowly, go up 1 setting a month until you get used to it other wise you will be spraying the sky.

4. Classes. See what works for you, just because a gun is popular it may not be right for you, so see what works and what doesn't for your style of play.

5. Learn the maps, camping spots, the common routes that are used. You can often get kills by knowing someone will be steaming round the corner.

If I think of any others I will let you guys know.

SFZ

/16

jontonathon

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jontonathon
Accepted Solution

Are zombie tips allowed I have a few of those??

0 Kudos

/16

Close_Enemies

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Close_Enemies
Accepted Solution

You start with 5 create a class slots so use them, create different classes for different game modes, for example use perks like lightweight & extreme conditioning for Capture The Flag to make it easier to run back the enemy flag, equipment like smoke grenades and trophy systems are important for domination, demolition, S&D etc, make sure your properly set up for the mode your playing. 

Currently Playing: Bioshock Infinite / Splinter Cell: Blacklist
/16

DiscoDa

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DiscoDa
Accepted Solution

If you have split-screeners on your team,  leave the lobby.

photo AWESOMEO00.jpg
/16

mid3get

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mid3get
Accepted Solution

If you're sniping never reload straight after killing someone - It gives a much more accurate viewpoint to be located and hunted down.  The number of times I've had people walk past me purely because they couldn't see the exact spot the shot come from and are trying desperately to search is unbelievable.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel