20 Apr 2013
Playstation Staff

Black Ops 2 Unofficial Tip Sharing Thread

96 Replies 6,202 Views Created 20-04-2013

I've realized that there isn't any sort of tip sharing thread for Black Ops 2. Be free to share any combat tips, tricks or tutorials here. Unfortunately I don't have any useful tips but I'm sure you guys do.

Active once again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 97 (6,202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Black Ops 2 Unofficial Tip Sharing Thread

Press R1 to kill everything on screen.

Accessible, the word that's been ripping the soul out of every game you used to love.
Message 2 of 97 (6,190 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Trade in in for an unbroken game:Stupid:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 97 (6,186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Have a tip to start your tips thread off with 

Message 4 of 97 (6,179 Views)
Level 14

Playstation Staff

kyrajack29 wrote:

Trade in in for an unbroken game:Stupid:

Can't be all that bad if you managed to play MP for almost 500 hrs?

Anyway....

Not really a tip but I've noticed a lot of people who leave their career screen blank. There's three slots (Showcase) for any playercards you wanna to show off (hard to get ones or just ones you like the look of) & a space to put a screenshot taken in theater mode (Profile shot).

Message 5 of 97 (6,174 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

When playing Domination try and actually capture some flags maybe? every single game i play the top player has like 2 captures (probably when they cap the nearest flag to them when they spawn at the start and at halftime) and like 30-40 kills and becomes the top player where as i get less kills but 8+ captures per game and finish 3rd or 4th

I dont think you get enough points for capturing flags especially B flag which is really hard to capture on certain maps, today i finished a game with 9 captures and the top player had 3 :/ theres no insentive to capture flags when you can just finish top by camping by flags and killing players who actually play the objective, people dont care whether they win the game or not if they have a good K/D ratio

Currently Playing: Bioshock Infinite / Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Message 6 of 97 (6,172 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

A few tips:

1. S&D - Try not to depart from the group

2. FFA - Try to find high vantage points to pick off your targets and make sure no enemies sneak behind

3. Hardcore - Don't teamkill

4. General - Don't use sbipers for your only weapon as you have nothing for close range

5. General - Hold R1 through a killcam and for as long as you hold it, your character is completely idle with no sway

6. This isn't really a tip, but boosting is noobish

7. Getting gold on weapons is good to grind XP

PS: I'll give kudos to handy tips

Active once again.

Message 7 of 97 (6,156 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Really, does anyone have tips, it doesn't have to be a big one and it'll help people out.

Active once again.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 97 (6,088 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

I have a few.

1. If your new to COD watch the kill cams. Really good for seeing where people hide/camp and can also let you know how the other guy got the better of you and generally how to improve.

2. Use the mini map but remember its about a second behind the action to think where they will be not where they are on the map. Orbital V-Sat is live though.

3. Sensitivity! Having it high definitely helps but increase it slowly, go up 1 setting a month until you get used to it other wise you will be spraying the sky.

4. Classes. See what works for you, just because a gun is popular it may not be right for you, so see what works and what doesn't for your style of play.

5. Learn the maps, camping spots, the common routes that are used. You can often get kills by knowing someone will be steaming round the corner.

If I think of any others I will let you guys know.

SFZ

Message 9 of 97 (6,065 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Are zombie tips allowed I have a few of those??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 97 (6,063 Views)
0 Kudos