Games

Call of Duty

Call of Duty

14 Nov 2012
By: CozMick Member 342 Posts
Level 3

Black Ops 2 Zombies constantly freezing

15 Replies 10515 Views Created 14-11-2012

Anyone else having problems with black ops 2 zombies freezing?

Its happened 3 times so far, once when it says "game starting in....0" and twice when it finished migrating host. All needed for my ps3 to be hard reset.

Not a happy chappy tbh, 45 quid to wreck my ps3.....

Oh and my ps3 is 4 day old, its a "super" slim 500gb.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (10,515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Black Ops 2 Zombies constantly freezing

it's always worth getting Call of Duty games on Xbox as PS3 always has problems every year

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (10,421 Views)
Level 3

DONT DO A HARD RESET

Just press the disc eject button one you know it's definitely froze.

The PS3 will be beep 3 times then reset itself
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (10,343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I've had this Problem only on the 360 Version my Brother has, hasnt happened to me on my PS3 version. I have friends on both systems and each have had problems with Black Ops 2. I'm lucky I've had no problems of as yet.

Enjoying the game so far. Try installing the textues its around 2GB to install. Should be in the Option menu in Multiplayer.

If you get the time could you reply too the private message I sent you. Thanks, and hope Black Ops 2 doesnt keep freezing on you. I was gutted on Xbox version as I was on round 44 and crashed. :smileysad: So I've been playing Zombies more on PS3 with my Girlfriend and 2 friends it awesome once you get everything open and unlocked.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (10,180 Views)
0 Kudos

Me too it freezes offline online ,and as for zombies it is a waste of time 5 min game time max before freezing reinstalled update as some people say is a fix no difference .online multiplayer will sometimes play for 1 to2 hrs other times freezes on set up. Took the game back and got it replaced . No diff .treyarch Need  there butkicked for not testing the game enough .it effects fat playstation slim playstation also, I have a slim playstation . 18 months old . This is the only game this happens with . I think if your playstation is well used it effects them worse than newer consoles. Sandy way sorry I can't help but u certainly ain't alone

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (9,499 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (9,487 Views)
0 Kudos

Fu treyarch
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (8,539 Views)
0 Kudos

I can't play campaign, zombies or multiplayer because I chose zombies as default load and when I put the disc in it freezes at the zombies menu screen. I had just bought the season pass too. Absolutely gutted! HELP!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (6,620 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

DOGBOY39 wrote:
I can't play campaign, zombies or multiplayer because I chose zombies as default load and when I put the disc in it freezes at the zombies menu screen. I had just bought the season pass too. Absolutely gutted! HELP!

You could delete the save file so it'll load the main menu by default (You'll lose any single player progress but not any online stats).

Have you installed the textures pack? Is it an old PS3?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (6,611 Views)
0 Kudos

Latest patch seems to have sorted things out. I can now play multiplayer and campaign but still having issues getting into solo play zombies. My ps3 is a new super slim 500gb.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (6,598 Views)
0 Kudos