09 May 2012
By Ew_Tux
Playstation Staff

Black Ops 2′s futuristic setting may put Activision in legal trouble

2 Replies 264 Views Created 09-05-2012

It appears Activision may have violated a Memorandum of Understanding from Infinity Ward which could land the company in legal trouble.

The gist of the story (which can be read in full at Game Informer) is that Infinity Ward’s Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) states that any Call of Duty games set after Vietnam will be exclusive to Infinity Ward. This includes any modern day, near future or distant future settings. As you now know, Black Ops 2 will take place in the year 2025.

Considering that the trial is yet to happen, it’s unclear if Activision could land itself in legal trouble thanks to Black Ops II’s futuristic setting. Game Informer spoke with Eric Chad, an intellectual property attorney with the firm Merchant & Gould. Regarding Activision’s punishment if Zampella and West win the lawsuit, Chad said “[Pulling Black Ops II from the shelves] is likely a possible remedy.” Read the full report at  Game Informer.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/black-ops-2s-futuristic-setting-may-put-activision-in-legal-trouble/

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Black Ops 2′s futuristic setting may put Activision in legal trouble

Infinity Ward after CoD4 have made their games poo. In my own opinion Treyarch made each game 1 better than IW. Sure it's got it's own feel to it compared to IW's Modern Warfare, ie: Treyarch gameplay is slightly slower where as IW is speed speed speed.

I actually think IW are scared Treyarch will make a better modern day/ near future game than they ever will. Hence the b!tching from them :smileytongue:
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Black Ops 2′s futuristic setting may put Activision in legal trouble

DNAtlantic wrote:
Infinity Ward after CoD4 have made their games poo. In my own opinion Treyarch made each game 1 better than IW. Sure it's got it's own feel to it compared to IW's Modern Warfare, ie: Treyarch gameplay is slightly slower where as IW is speed speed speed.

I actually think IW are scared Treyarch will make a better modern day/ near future game than they ever will. Hence the b!tching from them :smileytongue:

World at War was a horrible mess, and most people seem to like Black Ops more than MW2/MW3 because it takes you longer to die, a good thing for players that can't keep up with the pace of the IW games.

In my opinion.

photo AWESOMEO00.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)
0 Kudos