Games

Call of Duty

Call of Duty

10 Nov 2010
By: Petey_Habibi

3 Posts

Black Ops blank screen

28 Replies 9518 Views Created 10-11-2010

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me.

I try to load the update and once it is done, the screen goes blank after the restart of the game. I've shut the game off and it says that it's been downloaded, so i press play on the home screen and it goes blank again...as if I have some sort of connection issue (blank black screen and sound)

I am clueless right now and have no idea. Anyone willing to help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (9,518 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Black Ops blank screen

I dont know man, the game suck with the frame rate drops etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (9,513 Views)
0 Kudos

I cant even get to the starting screen. I dont know what to do

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (9,506 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

When you first set up the game did you adjust the brightness of the screen..? just a thought when you first start it up you have three panels that need adjusting.

You say you have sound but no picture could this be the issue ?....probably not but worth a look

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (9,501 Views)
0 Kudos

the only sound i get is a beep when i hold down the playstation home button

i cant get to any other screen when i turn the game on. it literally just sits there with a blank screen

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (9,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

That sounds pony mate!

We all used to reset our routers when we had COD problems lol but you could try that.

Could also place your router in the DMZ but I fear your problem is more serious than the average connection problems.

Maybe take the disk back and say it's faulty if the replacement is the same it's your unit. But I'm guessing you have tried another game and that works fine.

TBH I'm stumped but keep trying the basic stuff first.

Hope this helps  

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (9,478 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

It's done it to me a few times today.

I left it and it eventually loaded, i noticed at one point it said "reading from hdd" and i am sure it something its loading of the disc.

symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (9,467 Views)
0 Kudos

I think I'm having the same problem!  I was starting Dragon's Breath and then all of a sudden, after "helping" push a door open, my entire screen went black, with the exception of the distance meter and ammo indicator ... all sound still there. :smileysad:

I tried rebooting, and get all the visuals up to the point where I left off.   I restarted the mission, and it went back to normal, but afraid that this may happen again.  Very odd!

129065i2EDB5270FE493D15

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (9,391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I had exactly the same problem on a 250gb slim, the disc went back to the store to be replaced, the replacement disc gave me the same problems (screen freeze after hitting X to update) then froze during loading sequence.

A 2nd reboot and the game loads fine now evertime.

I have no idea whether it was the disc now or not but that solved the issue for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (9,357 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

MAYBE A SOLUTION:

Normally my PS3 froze already when i started black ops... Now yesterday i started black ops WITHOUT signing into PSN.. Everything went well, i didnt have no frame rate issues or whatever, my ps3 didnt froze anymore..

I can remember that it was the same with another game in the beginning of the release, W@W or MW2. i cant remember

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (9,335 Views)
0 Kudos