22 Feb 2011
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Black ops Servers down.

51 Replies 7,074 Views Created 22-02-2011

Hey guys, i've just trid to play Black ops & i'm getting a message come up saying that the servers are down try later. 4 friends on my ps3 list are playing as i type this message,can anybody shed any light on this, thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 52 (7,074 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Black ops Servers down.

try it again for a few times as the servers tend to do this on games

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 52 (7,071 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

not working for me and 3/4 of my mates either but i think the people that were playing BO before the servers went down can still play..?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 52 (7,064 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I can't connect either, I get the message 'The call of duty black ops server is not available at this time. Please try again later.'

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 52 (7,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I too am having great problem in getting the game to work today just checked call of duty main website

and it appears you are at defcon 4 (what a load of old toss ) should be fix be end of today 22nd Feb.:Argh:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 52 (7,037 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yea not working for me either i only went downstairs for like 10mins to help with something and came back on and now its down, wish i never went off it!! another reason not to buy the map packs cant even play the game online now! haha, the last thing you want when you just get back from work, i just want a good few games then go bed!!

Any money its fine on the xbox  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 52 (7,036 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm getting the same problem. Just went to do a system update, which apparently i needed to do (although it didn't pop up with the usual "a system software update is required". Did this, gone back in to COD and it is still giving the same message about servers being down...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 52 (7,021 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/status - There is something on here stating "All Call of Duty: Black Ops services are online, but due to recent server updates, status has been downgraded as a safety precaution. Users may experience unexpected disconnects as maintenance is conducted. This maintenance is scheduled to conclude by end of day February 22nd, 2011."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 52 (6,996 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Bad news people the servers are down permantly for PS3 users, and be back up in a hour or two, testing new patch before DLC release and clamping on hackers , if your in game you should be able to play away unless you quit .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 52 (6,995 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/status

There is something on here stating "All Call of Duty: Black Ops services are online, but due to recent server updates, status has been downgraded as a safety precaution. Users may experience unexpected disconnects as maintenance is conducted. This maintenance is scheduled to conclude by end of day February 22nd, 2011."

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 52 (6,992 Views)
0 Kudos