30 Nov 2010
Playstation Staff

Call of Duty Black Ops: What are the ports ??

7 Replies 23,220 Views Created 30-11-2010

Does anyone know what ports I should open on my router for Call Of Duty Black Ops.

I cant invite or be invited by anyone at the moment, and i cant find them anywhere. Also I cant be the host of server on the games.

Thanks mig4ng.

PS: if the problem isn't the ports say me what is plz.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (23,220 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops: What are the ports ??

[ Edited ]

TCP [80, 81, 443, 3074, 5223] UDP [3074, 3075, 3478]

But not sure knowing the ports will help. Might be best to wait for the next patch.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (23,201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

thank you, iam going to try this later.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (23,192 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Put the PS3 in the router's DMZ and allocate a static IP address - no need to mess about opening ports.....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (23,156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Go on MW2's multiplayer. Check what your nat type says ther because it should say open. Go back on black op multuplayer, options, select. It  will now also say nat open.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (23,145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

its the game thats at fault not your router, as stated above dmz with static ip, if not sure what your doing check out port forward.com for useful guides and instructions, but honestly you wont see any difference with all the disconnects ect, treyarch would like us to believe its fault our end but theirs that many of us with the same issues
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (23,130 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yeap, those are the ports that are used. However, as the other person mentioned, use Modern Warfare 2 to get NAT Type: Open. However, there are several things you need to do first (if you want to do it this way:

Set up a static IP Adress for your PS3, which is very easy, then get Modern Warfare 2 (I just borrowed a friends copy). Insert  MW2, go to the multiplayer screen [Just far enough, so you can see your NAT Type]. Once you see that your NAT Type says Open. Eject the disc directly. DO NOT quit the game using the PS3, just eject it on the multiplayer screen, while it's running. Then insert Black Ops, and you should now have NAT Type: Open. 

If you didn't have NAT Type: Open on MW2, then your router needs proper configuring.

The general problem with Black Ops, is that, even though you may have an Open connection, the game doesn't recognise that. I think Treyach should add a feature within the options to refresh or configure this.

If you find that it doesn't work when you turn your PS3 on again, you may have not correctly set a Static IP address on your PlayStation.

If all else fails, chances are you are using a Thompson Router. In which case, I suggest getting a new one.

"Democracy is Non-Negotiable" Liberty Prime
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (15,830 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i do the mw2 thing and i have a thomson router and the nat for other cods stays open until generally my router/modem resets every now and then and i have to the the mw2 thing again. Is there something i should do about this or does this happen to everyone?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (946 Views)
0 Kudos