Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

CoD Clan League - Black Ops 2!

[ Edited ]
645 Replies 5,235 Views edited 03-11-2012

Hey folks,

So Black Ops 2 is just about a week and a half away now and I feel the best way of celebrating its return is to bring back one of our most recent events, the CoD Clan league!

Have a look at the post below to find out how the event went down earlier in the year.  We should be following the same lines this time round. 

We might be changing up some of the rules this time round to better suit the new game.  maybe even making use of the multi team options, but in the meantime, we'll be looking for teams of 4 to take part.

Even if your clan is large enough to field larger teams, if you want you can submit more than one team.

Get your teams name down here in the thread if you're interested, we're looking to kick off shortly after the games launch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Image courtesy of born2destroy

For the league table and forthcoming fixtures as well as map announcements, please see this thread: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW3-CoD-Clan-League-Standings-Fixtures/td-p/1531...

Hello folks, welcome to  Season 3.

We've received a bit of feedback during the last season gearing towards the modes played in the league.  It seems that some of you want to steer more towards CoDs strategic set ups rather than the kill-heavy nature of TDM, Kill COnfirmed and Domination.  So Season 3 will be more "explosion"-centric.

The game modes being played between weeks 1 and 3 will be Demolition, Captutre the Flag and if a tie break is needed, Sabotage.

Weeks 4 til 6 will be Kill Confirmed, Domination and Team Deatchmatch in the event of a tie.  Just as before.

The League Setup:

• Each division will consist of just 6 teams
  • The amount of divisons can be unlimited, this will depend on how many teams wish to join in.
  • The team at the top of the league will be promoted a divison upwards and the bottom will be demoted downwards at the end of each season.
  • The league will last 5 weeks and it will be non-stop.  Between each season there will be a weeks break.
  • A win will earn the victorious team 2 points in the league. With 1 point being awarded if the match ends in a draw.

At the end of each season, the winning teams will be able to see their names up in lights on the forum!

League Rules:

• Team Captains are responsible for arranging the game with your opponent.
  • Teams will consist of 4 to 6 players.
  • One game must be completed within each week between Monday and Sunday.
  • Each game will be to the best of 3 rounds, ideally you will want to play these all in the one session
  • After each game you will need to post the results in this thread.  If you're worried about the credibility of your result being in doubt you can link to the match on Elite.callofduty.com, find the match in your "recent matches" list.

Make sure you arrange each match in this thread.  In the case of a "no show", it will be evident based on the communication in this thread who is at fault for a match not going ahead.

When arranging a match with your rival, make sure to suggest  a specific time for when your team will be able to play, don't just say you're available "any time".  Likewise, if your opponent has suggested a time and you cannot make it, suggest an alternative, be specific.

When you arrange a match you must also decide in the thread which team will be which faction (eg. which team will be SAS, which team will be OpFor etc)

Game Rules:

The first round of each match will be Demolition, the second will be Capture the Flag and if a tie breaker is required, round 3 will be Sabotage.  In order to reduce the need to police or sit in on the matches, there will be no restrictions on perks, weapons, attachments, killstreaks or deathstreaks.

All settings should be standard (default).  The matches will take place in the "Private Game" section.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tarry07
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Clan League.

Photobucket
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

Yaster wrote:

Hello Call of Duty heads everywhere.

Modern Warfare 3 has been out for a couple of months and its popularity has shown that it is a very competitive game.  What better way to acknowledge this than a goold old forum league?

This is the first time we have tried this on the forum, possibly since the old SOCOM days so you will have to bear with me while we get through a little experimental stage.  We will see how it goes and if it is good, we can go from season to season and hopefully grow in size.

The League Setup:

• Each division will consist of just 6 teams
  • The amount of divisons can be unlimited, this will depend on how many teams wish to join in.
  • The team at the top of the league will be promoted a divison upwards and the bottom will be demoted downwards at the end of each season.
  • The league will last 5 weeks and it will be non-stop.  Between each season there will be a weeks break.
  • A win will earn the victorious team 2 points in the league. With 1 point being awarded if the match ends in a draw.

At the end of each season, the winning teams will be able to see their names up in lights on the forum!

League Rules:

• Team Captains are responsible for arranging the game with your opponent.
  • Teams will consist of 4 to 6 players.
  • One game must be completed within each week between Monday and Sunday.
  • Each game will be to the best of 3 rounds, ideally you will want to play these all in the one session
  • After each game you will need to post the results in this thread.  If you're worried about the credibility of your result being in doubt you can link to the match on Elite.callofduty.com, find the match in your "recent matches" list.

Make sure you arrange each match in this thread.  In the case of a "no show", it will be evident based on the communication in this thread who is at fault for a match not going ahead.

When arranging a match with your rival, make sure to suggest  a specific time for when your team will be able to play, don't just say you're available "any time".  Likewise, if your opponent has suggested a time and you cannot make it, suggest an alternative, be specific.

When you arrange a match you must also decide in the thread which team will be which faction (eg. which team will be SAS, which team will be OpFor etc)

Game Rules:

The first round of each match will be Kill Confirmed, the second will be Domination and if a tie breaker is required, round 3 will be Team Deathmatch.  In order to reduce the need to police or sit in on the matches, there will be no restrictions on perks, weapons, attachments, killstreaks or deathstreaks.

All settings should be standard (default).  The matches will take place in the "Private Game" section.

I believe that there should be restrictions for MW3. On the MW3 settings you can restrict the things in the game mode so when the players create the game things are banned so when the players are making there classes they can see which things are restricted so when in the game classes that have restricted things will be locked so there is no possibility that they could use and restricted weapon etc.

I also believe killstreaks should be off, this takes away the competitiveness away from some games sometimes as there is a constant UAV in the air. Another problem is Domination with no spawn delay, i believe this should be the only game mode with a spawn delay as if a team is camping and holding down to flags and you kill them they respawn straight away and nade you, i suggest a 5- 7.5 second spawn delay to allow a period of time for teams to take flags so the game becomes more even.

This is another suggestion

- S&D

- CTF

- KC

This allows for a different variety of tactics etc required. S&D no respawn so you have to be carefull that you dont die or your team is against more players. CTF as its a flag runner game that requires a more objective approach. Lastly KC will allow for a much more fair team killing game, this doesnt just rely on your ability to kill or sit in a corner as you have to run out to deny/ confirm kills.

These are my suggestions maybe for future weeks, some people may disagree with some or all of it.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Cheers for signign up B2D, looks like we have 6 teams signed up so we'll be ready to go for one division, I am still going to give it a week as I have a couple of things to organise.  Plus I will keep you all informed as to what is happening.

As for the suggestions on the game set up, I am looking to change the game set ups each season.  The trouble with restricting weapons and load out is that there needs to be a level of trust when it comes to setting the game up.  I can't be present in all games to spectate and make sure setting are being set.

However.... if this season goes well and you can all show good sportsmanship, i will be open to suggestions on how matches are set up next season.  We'll see how this one plays out.

In the meantime put this date in your calendars:

5th March

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
yaster's Streambadge
/16

rob88wells

97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rob88wells
Accepted Solution
There is no reason to change any of the settings or restrict any of the weapons. It should be identical to a public match.
0 Kudos

/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

rob88wells wrote:
There is no reason to change any of the settings or restrict any of the weapons. It should be identical to a public match.

I dont really play public matches more competitive private matches. Im not on about restricting primary weapons i was on about launchers & a couple of attachments like rapid fire, noob tubes etc

0 Kudos

/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tarry07
Accepted Solution
To evil clan we are thinking about Thursday at half 7 please message me if this is ok?
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

BADxxBOY

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BADxxBOY
Accepted Solution

tarry07 wrote:
To evil clan we are thinking about Thursday at half 7 please message me if this is ok?
I'm cool with Thursday but 7:30 gmt is 11:30 in my country so 7:00 is much better yet less different
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

X-Substance

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X-Substance
Accepted Solution

Elite records your private matches aswell and i'm pretty sure Theatre mode does also.

0 Kudos

/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tarry07
Accepted Solution
Hi sorry I can only do 7.30pm is that alright? And 4v4 fine? Thanks
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

Great first match tonight agaisnt Hope Gaming. Very good strong side and work well together as a team.

Domination was a close game with the final score going Hope Gamings way.

200 / 176 (Win for Hope Gaming)

Second game was Kill Confirmed, yet again a very close game with the Final score going Deluded Gamings way

65 / 56 (Win for Deluded Gaming)

The last game was a good end to end game, again Deluded Gaming taking the game

7500 / 4800

Overall score Deluded Gaming 2 - 1 Hope Gaming

Very well played.

0 Kudos

/16

X-Substance

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X-Substance
Accepted Solution

Just a quick question. Is spectating allowed during these competitions? I ask purely because I'm looking to try and record these matches and mesh it up into a PSN only Elite Friday Nights Fight thing. Spoke to Moghul earlier and no qualms about spectating during the VLR match up but wanted to know if anyone had issues with this when facing LDN? If so just let me know. Obviously if it was a SnD game I wouldn't want spectating. I don't think anyone else other than myself would spectate as they don't really have a reason to but if your clan would prefer that I don't I'll just have to do my best to participate in the match.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Gratz on the win DG.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

X-Substance wrote:

Just a quick question. Is spectating allowed during these competitions? I ask purely because I'm looking to try and record these matches and mesh it up into a PSN only Elite Friday Nights Fight thing. Spoke to Moghul earlier and no qualms about spectating during the VLR match up but wanted to know if anyone had issues with this when facing LDN? If so just let me know. Obviously if it was a SnD game I wouldn't want spectating. I don't think anyone else other than myself would spectate as they don't really have a reason to but if your clan would prefer that I don't I'll just have to do my best to participate in the match.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Gratz on the win DG.

Thanks was a very fun game :D

I have no problems with this when we play you as long as its not more then 1 spectator, just as less people = less lag etc. This would be cool, i have a dazzle so i can record the games in theatre as well if you needed anymore recording

0 Kudos

/16

X-Substance

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X-Substance
Accepted Solution

Would just be me spectating if I wasn't actually playing the match. Would even remove my mic during the game. Odds are I'll be involved in all the matches anyway. Enjoyed the match against VLR.  Had a few mixed games with them after. Good bunch and looking forward to the future matches. Definitely brought some excitement to the game. Sort of like Clan Ops without the XP :D

Edit: As for more footage. I'll PM you if I need any. Theatre records the game anyhow so I can just nab the game with my HD PVR. Got the VLR LDN footage so will give it a look tomorrow and hopefully have a video sorted tomorrow. Should be fun although I'm not much of an editor but always like trying new things out. Who needs Elite Friday Night Fights!?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

djs2772

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
djs2772
Accepted Solution

seriously wp to LDN. to all other teams yet to play them, a word of advice.............. 'beware'

at the same time, a really nice bunch of blokes to play against even when getting spanked. had a few nice chilled games afterwards aswell.

gota give a special mention also to mogs for setting this up in difficult circumstances. vwp bro

0 Kudos

/16

Durzo__Blint

68%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Durzo__Blint
Accepted Solution
lol, yep a fun battle, nice bunch. I "almost" regret being on loan to VLR, it was such a chaotic beatdown, lol. Hats off to Mogs too, I think he had the coolest head amongst us :D
0 Kudos

/16

X-Substance

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X-Substance
Accepted Solution

Apologies for all the effing and blinding you may have heard via the Kill Chat XD

0 Kudos

/16

djs2772

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
djs2772
Accepted Solution

X-Substance wrote:

..............effing and blinding...................

i would be be offended if you didn't lolol

0 Kudos

/16

Don_P_23

63%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Don_P_23
Accepted Solution

1st post on this n i feel like a noobie again!! lol... anyway just wanted to say good game VLR...enjoyed n look forward to the battle again!! as for LDN.. well done lads!! and a big up for yester (i think thats ur name mate) for doin this... makin me love mw3 again!!

0 Kudos

LDN
No.1 rule for COD.. if your gona shoot your gun, make sure you kill em!!
"dont wanna be... allllll byyyyyy myyyselfffffff.. dont wana beeee...."
'REPP'in LDN'
/16

BADxxBOY

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BADxxBOY
Accepted Solution

tarry07 wrote:
Hi sorry I can only do 7.30pm is that alright? And 4v4 fine? Thanks
Sure, let me talk with my teammates and I'll come back to you
0 Kudos

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

I think that when it comes to spectating, if the other team agrees then it should be ok.

The thing is that an advantage can be gained by having a spectator who can talk to the rest of the team.  When in game I think that the spectator is on another voice channel but everyone could be chatting on Skype or something.

I don't want there to be too many rules in this friendly competition so I will leave it up to you guys to agree on spectators.

Also, I found the results of the first match between Deluded Gaming and HOPE.

Unfortunately the scoreboard would only tell me born2destroy's stats but here they are:

DelvsHope1.JPG

DelvsHope2.JPG

DelvsHope3.JPG

So congrats to Deluded, I shall update the table at the end of the week XD

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Also, if I'm not mistaken, LDN beat VLR 2-0?

And are these the post match results?

LDNVLR1.JPG

LDNVLR2.JPG

I can't guarantee I will be able to post these screens every week, Elite can drop old reports off pretty quickly, but they're great to see.

yaster's Streambadge
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel