Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

CoD Clan League - Black Ops 2!

[ Edited ]
645 Replies 5,810 Views edited 03-11-2012

Hey folks,

So Black Ops 2 is just about a week and a half away now and I feel the best way of celebrating its return is to bring back one of our most recent events, the CoD Clan league!

Have a look at the post below to find out how the event went down earlier in the year.  We should be following the same lines this time round. 

We might be changing up some of the rules this time round to better suit the new game.  maybe even making use of the multi team options, but in the meantime, we'll be looking for teams of 4 to take part.

Even if your clan is large enough to field larger teams, if you want you can submit more than one team.

Get your teams name down here in the thread if you're interested, we're looking to kick off shortly after the games launch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Image courtesy of born2destroy

For the league table and forthcoming fixtures as well as map announcements, please see this thread: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW3-CoD-Clan-League-Standings-Fixtures/td-p/1531...

Hello folks, welcome to  Season 3.

We've received a bit of feedback during the last season gearing towards the modes played in the league.  It seems that some of you want to steer more towards CoDs strategic set ups rather than the kill-heavy nature of TDM, Kill COnfirmed and Domination.  So Season 3 will be more "explosion"-centric.

The game modes being played between weeks 1 and 3 will be Demolition, Captutre the Flag and if a tie break is needed, Sabotage.

Weeks 4 til 6 will be Kill Confirmed, Domination and Team Deatchmatch in the event of a tie.  Just as before.

The League Setup:

• Each division will consist of just 6 teams
  • The amount of divisons can be unlimited, this will depend on how many teams wish to join in.
  • The team at the top of the league will be promoted a divison upwards and the bottom will be demoted downwards at the end of each season.
  • The league will last 5 weeks and it will be non-stop.  Between each season there will be a weeks break.
  • A win will earn the victorious team 2 points in the league. With 1 point being awarded if the match ends in a draw.

At the end of each season, the winning teams will be able to see their names up in lights on the forum!

League Rules:

• Team Captains are responsible for arranging the game with your opponent.
  • Teams will consist of 4 to 6 players.
  • One game must be completed within each week between Monday and Sunday.
  • Each game will be to the best of 3 rounds, ideally you will want to play these all in the one session
  • After each game you will need to post the results in this thread.  If you're worried about the credibility of your result being in doubt you can link to the match on Elite.callofduty.com, find the match in your "recent matches" list.

Make sure you arrange each match in this thread.  In the case of a "no show", it will be evident based on the communication in this thread who is at fault for a match not going ahead.

When arranging a match with your rival, make sure to suggest  a specific time for when your team will be able to play, don't just say you're available "any time".  Likewise, if your opponent has suggested a time and you cannot make it, suggest an alternative, be specific.

When you arrange a match you must also decide in the thread which team will be which faction (eg. which team will be SAS, which team will be OpFor etc)

Game Rules:

The first round of each match will be Demolition, the second will be Capture the Flag and if a tie breaker is required, round 3 will be Sabotage.  In order to reduce the need to police or sit in on the matches, there will be no restrictions on perks, weapons, attachments, killstreaks or deathstreaks.

All settings should be standard (default).  The matches will take place in the "Private Game" section.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

BADxxBOY

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BADxxBOY
Accepted Solution
As for your first paragraph: I didn't know the UK was on daylight savings, and I'm sorry

As for your second paragraph: I regret entering the championship & as I said to your teammates I will never entering an EU tourney unless I have UK people. & it wasn't the rules to make me host the 2nd match, I said it would be fair and they agreed, maybe it was a misunderstanding or something

As for your 3rd paragraph: my subs only took less than 5 minutes to come. The thing that made us late is that in the third game it was so laggy that the host got disconnected from the game, which leaded every member o my team in a separate party while me and 3 of your team were in a party of our own. But still it's weird!!!

As for the 4th paragraph: HOW DARE YOU BANN ME!?!?! I QUIT!!

As for your last sentence: I know Right! I messing with him as a revenge to make a disaster with evil ( & it's not just him)

0 Kudos

Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Clan League.

Photobucket
Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
Looks like BB is officially BANNED!

I will miss you :(
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Moghal2007 wrote:
Day: Wednesday 4th April 2012
Time: 20:00-20:20pm

We've got 4 definite atm and hopefully will get another 2 by tomorrow. I'll party up my team at 8pm and then will give the signal to you lot when we are ready. We can host if you want as we've had a flawless connection past matches. :)

No probs we will get 4 and have 2 reserves just incase :D

0 Kudos

/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tarry07
Accepted Solution
Deluded gaming are you goin play???? We can play 2nite at 10pm?? Let us know soon as poss

What happens if the team doesn't get bak to us? Been trying all week but no luck
0 Kudos

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

tarry07 wrote:
Deluded gaming are you goin play???? We can play 2nite at 10pm?? Let us know soon as poss

What happens if the team doesn't get bak to us? Been trying all week but no luck

You guys played your match yet?

If Deluded haven't got back to you today, you guys win the match.

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tarry07
Accepted Solution
No bin trying all week but no reply
0 Kudos

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
Just so you all know, I will be opening up a sign up thread for the second season during the week long break. This is not only a chance for new teams to join the league but also for you to duck out if you no longer wish to take part in the league.

I think OPC have registered their interest in joining the league, plus there was another team. If any of the 6 teams in the first divison decide on dropping out then it will be first come first served to fill their slot. I'm also wanting my own team to join in on the action but in the act of fairness, I will not sign up immediately after opening up the floodgates, I'll give one of you guys a chance to get in there first.
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
89%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

That's right Yaster, OPC will be taking part next season. I might not make it to a few of the games as I work unsociable hours but I can get a team together no problem. 

Have you left OPC Yaster?

Happy Easter guys!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Twitter @NMawson
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
OPCs my work clan and as I have a responsibility here in the WASEU section I do a fair bit of work with them.

I've been a member of OAP for a wee bit longer and we've been needing to get a bit more into the CoD scene and we've gone a little bit Battlefield as of late.
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Official PlayStation Community Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Clan League (OPCCODMW3CL) Season 1 Winners:

SHT!

Congratulations to you guys, you can see where the final table stood over in the Table/Fixtures thread.

It's been a good 5 weeks, sorry once again that I could not be there for the whole thing looking after you all plus there may have been a couple of bumps here and there but it's all part of the experimental process.

The members of SHT have the right to include the above image (designed by chrisa3211) as part of their signature along with a bit of text.  I'm also going to add it to the side bar here in the CoD forum.

--------------------------------------------------

So we are now left with a whole week until season 2 gets kicked off.

During this time we have a chance to do a bit of preparation and discussion regarding the league.  Here are a couple of things:

1. Feedback, it would be great if you could let me know how you thought the first season went.  What changes do you feel could be made to the rules, are there any other game modes you would like to see in the second round?
  2. Wanting to sign your team up?  Just reply below with your team name, the link to your thread in the Clan Forum and, if it's not yourself, the Online ID of your team captain.
  3. If you were playing in the first season and wish to stay on for the second season then just reply here with the same info as in number 2.  Everyone who took part in the first season is entitled to take part and remain in the first division.

It will be easiest for me to kick off the second season on the 16th of April.  I'm gonna be away for most of the weekend so I will have to draw up the table and all the rest on Friday the 13th.

So remember;

You have until Friday the 13th at 2pm to register your teams interest in taking part in season 2

This includes anyone wishing to stay on in the tournament who took part last season

Thank you very much to everyone involved in the league over the last 5 weeks, hope to see you all next time and congratulations to SHT XD.

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tarry07
Accepted Solution

thanks yaster and all the other clans for a good league, its was good and fun to take part in and win :smileyhappy:

i will be chating to the clan members about carrying on with the new season but will let u know before the closing date 

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
born2destroy
Accepted Solution
Deluded Gaming are dropping out dont have time any more. New season on gamebattles has started so going to be playing on there. (Better ruleset for my team) having a spawn delay on domination is a must
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

If you need us HoPE we can be there :D

As before:

Your team name: HoPE

The name of your team captain: Missy 

A link to your clan thread in the clan forum: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Clans/HoPE-Girl-Clan-Winner-Best-Clan-2011/td-p/14645263

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Sorry to see you guys go Deluded, good luck in the GB

OK for Definites so far we have

Hope
OPC

Pending so far we have:

VLR

LDN

OAP
SHT

EVIL

5 is enough for a league, but like I said, sign ups are open until Friday, lets see if we can get 2 on the go :D

Actually, if we can get 8 sign ups, 4 of which are carry overs from season 1, we could have 2 divisions consisting of 4 teams each.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
yaster's Streambadge
/16

NumptyNed

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NumptyNed
Accepted Solution
Will the games still consist of 1xDomination 1xKill confirmed and a decider of TDM?
0 Kudos

/16

BADxxBOY

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BADxxBOY
Accepted Solution
Sorry yaster,

I will not participate in the next clan league, thank you
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution
As per last time around

TEAM : LDN
Captain ( otherwise known as LDN no1 ) Delderrick ( am not actually the captain or leader i just am in charge on the OPF )

We are happy to continue in the league , and we hope Sh#t will be back as we want revenge ;)
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution

Any chance we can add more rotation to the game modes this time round.

round 1, dome, domination
round 2, resistance hq
round 3, snd

or you could rotate the modes each week

I'll also give confirmation soon if we're entering this again :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
I think I'll be willing to add a new game mode into the mix. It works best that the same map is used for all matches though. It also makes it a little easier to organise.

I'll be willing to chuck HQ in there in place of Kill Confirmed maybe?
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
With great regret I announce that VLR will not be competing in next season of the league :(. Due to some contract disputes we might not have enough players for a team and will be rebuilding the squad in time for the third season if it commences.

A big thanks to Yaster for organising this and we hope that this continues for a 3rd season where a more fresh team will enter and claim its crown of COD champions. :)
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
Sorry you guys can't make it :|

If we can't get enough teams to kick off a league by 2pm tomorrow then I will leave it another week to get more in.
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel