Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

CoD Clan League - Black Ops 2!

[ Edited ]
645 Replies 5,811 Views edited 03-11-2012

Hey folks,

So Black Ops 2 is just about a week and a half away now and I feel the best way of celebrating its return is to bring back one of our most recent events, the CoD Clan league!

Have a look at the post below to find out how the event went down earlier in the year.  We should be following the same lines this time round. 

We might be changing up some of the rules this time round to better suit the new game.  maybe even making use of the multi team options, but in the meantime, we'll be looking for teams of 4 to take part.

Even if your clan is large enough to field larger teams, if you want you can submit more than one team.

Get your teams name down here in the thread if you're interested, we're looking to kick off shortly after the games launch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Image courtesy of born2destroy

For the league table and forthcoming fixtures as well as map announcements, please see this thread: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW3-CoD-Clan-League-Standings-Fixtures/td-p/1531...

Hello folks, welcome to  Season 3.

We've received a bit of feedback during the last season gearing towards the modes played in the league.  It seems that some of you want to steer more towards CoDs strategic set ups rather than the kill-heavy nature of TDM, Kill COnfirmed and Domination.  So Season 3 will be more "explosion"-centric.

The game modes being played between weeks 1 and 3 will be Demolition, Captutre the Flag and if a tie break is needed, Sabotage.

Weeks 4 til 6 will be Kill Confirmed, Domination and Team Deatchmatch in the event of a tie.  Just as before.

The League Setup:

• Each division will consist of just 6 teams
  • The amount of divisons can be unlimited, this will depend on how many teams wish to join in.
  • The team at the top of the league will be promoted a divison upwards and the bottom will be demoted downwards at the end of each season.
  • The league will last 5 weeks and it will be non-stop.  Between each season there will be a weeks break.
  • A win will earn the victorious team 2 points in the league. With 1 point being awarded if the match ends in a draw.

At the end of each season, the winning teams will be able to see their names up in lights on the forum!

League Rules:

• Team Captains are responsible for arranging the game with your opponent.
  • Teams will consist of 4 to 6 players.
  • One game must be completed within each week between Monday and Sunday.
  • Each game will be to the best of 3 rounds, ideally you will want to play these all in the one session
  • After each game you will need to post the results in this thread.  If you're worried about the credibility of your result being in doubt you can link to the match on Elite.callofduty.com, find the match in your "recent matches" list.

Make sure you arrange each match in this thread.  In the case of a "no show", it will be evident based on the communication in this thread who is at fault for a match not going ahead.

When arranging a match with your rival, make sure to suggest  a specific time for when your team will be able to play, don't just say you're available "any time".  Likewise, if your opponent has suggested a time and you cannot make it, suggest an alternative, be specific.

When you arrange a match you must also decide in the thread which team will be which faction (eg. which team will be SAS, which team will be OpFor etc)

Game Rules:

The first round of each match will be Demolition, the second will be Capture the Flag and if a tie breaker is required, round 3 will be Sabotage.  In order to reduce the need to police or sit in on the matches, there will be no restrictions on perks, weapons, attachments, killstreaks or deathstreaks.

All settings should be standard (default).  The matches will take place in the "Private Game" section.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

X-Substance

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X-Substance
Accepted Solution

spank2103 wrote:

Ok so reading the whole thread (Finally), Yasta is not about at the moment? Ive got most of the answers I need from my previous post and its pretty clear that there is only 6 teams in this at the moment and only 1 league running? Was hoping for more leagues and teams when I read this :(

If someone could add me on PSN if a space becomes available because we would still be interested in joining. I dont check the PSN forums too much these days but I will start again if it is for this :)

Yeah there should be more leagues starting and I have been spamming other clans I encounter (except the racist ones!) about the forum trying to generate interest from those that probably would normally not check the forums. Could make this big and exciting if we all got involved. If you play in a group, when you come up against another clan or group. Suggest this league to them and contact them. Good way to network about and make a positive improvement to the PSN community. 

0 Kudos

Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Clan League.

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

Well when will the next season start? My clan does have clan matches so any good clans or even average clans I can send this way? I am also active on quite a few other Cod forums so I can advertise a few other places too :)

0 Kudos

PSN: spank2103
Current PS4 games: CoD Ghosts, Fifa 14, AC Black Flag (Offline only)
/16

NumptyNed

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NumptyNed
Accepted Solution

spank2103 wrote:

Well when will the next season start? My clan does have clan matches so any good clans or even average clans I can send this way? I am also active on quite a few other Cod forums so I can advertise a few other places too :)

I  think the next league will start in about thre weeks time, next week is the last week of this season, then a week break before the new season starts in the week beginning 16th april.

unless th plans change

0 Kudos

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the information buddy, I will post on a few forums to try and rally up some interest, other wise our clan / team will be the only team in the second league? Lol

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

spank2103 wrote:

Thanks for the information buddy, I will post on a few forums to try and rally up some interest, other wise our clan / team will be the only team in the second league? Lol

This guy

(sorry your name comes up in the swear filter)

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

No problem it happens to me alot -_- Also gets me filtered from alot of stuff at work :(

I would be very interested and I spoke to some people in my clan who would be up for it so we should be able to get 6 people easilly each week. We normally play after 8pm every day but from what I have read it doesnt seem to be a problem.

If anyone drops out I would love to replace them, if not ive posted a little advertising for this competition on some other forums so hopefully there may be a second league (Not spam just an introduction on forums I regually talk on).

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Hello peoples I am back!

OK, big thanks to bambaroo for handling this while I was away, apologies for nipping out for 2 weeks but I really had to get this tournament kicked off at the earliest chance so his help was greatly appreciated.

Also..... yeah so how are we doing?  I see we already have at least one match for this week completed, that's great, I'll tot up all the scores on Sunday.  Note that if you wish to play your match on Sunday evening then let me know via PM so i can update on the Monday morning.

Someone asked about the torunament, ***** was it?  At the moment there is only 1 divison and 6 teams.  After this season is done I will ask for a couple more sign ups, this will be your chance to enter your team, if there are 4 additional teams then we will have our second division!  it will also be a chance for anyone wishing to drop out to do so.

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

BADxxBOY wrote:
So next up is with deluded gaming huh?

I already know that I'll lose via laggy connection, or no show of my teammates, or I will get nooby teammates

But I'll still play, so how about deluded chooses the day, and the time will recommended from (4-6:30 pm)

Hey, ill discuss these times with my team mates and find out which day will be best :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

/16

GBrooksy

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GBrooksy
Accepted Solution

bambaroo wrote:
sorry guys if I've missed something, jsut looking after this for Yaster while he is away. Have Deluded played VLR for week 2 yet?

Surely they've missed the cut-off (Sunday). Otherwise we can still play our decider game against Evil and get our full win rather than a draw!

What I gathered from Yaster that games have to be played within the time period otherwise there will be a backlog and what happens about 5 games in and a new season starts but some teams haven't played still. Hense why there's a cut-off / week to play games within. Fair enough if a clan/group is away and states this here so the moderator can be informed of perhaps rescheduling on another date agreed by both parties.

0 Kudos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynx Gaming Forum - A Playstation Community Forum

Website Design and Search Engine Optimisation Analysis - Rackmire Creations
/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tarry07
Accepted Solution
Tuesday at 8pm? 5 players but with possible be 6
0 Kudos

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Okey Cokey. Tuesday 8pm it is. :)

0 Kudos

/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

Can't believe the best clan isnt competeing in this league??  OPC Elite Rule  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tarry07
Accepted Solution
I can confirm we will in the next season :-)
Same as before

Team: Sh#t
Captain: Tarry07
Link: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Clans/Sh-t-clan/td-p/15150623

Look forward to be playing in the new season
0 Kudos

Re: CoD Clan League - Sign up for Season 2!

Photobucket
/16

BADxxBOY

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BADxxBOY
Accepted Solution
Hey yaster, a peice of advice.

Please delay between every season to make the teams rest and gets your more opportunities for more people to come. As you can see some teams will make a comeback at the third season
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

NumptyNed

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NumptyNed
Accepted Solution

rest? its not exactly strenuous work is it!

0 Kudos

/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

BADxxBOY wrote:

Please delay between every season to make the teams rest and gets your more opportunities for more people to come. As you can see some teams will make a comeback at the third season

You are joking aint you?? all you do is move thumbs and think.It aint a footy match :Shame:

0 Kudos

/16

boyd45

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
boyd45
Accepted Solution

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

BADxxBOY wrote:

You are joking aint you?? all you do is move thumbs and think.It aint a footy match :Shame:

It must be too much for the poor guy :D
0 Kudos

/16

GmG-iLLuSioNz

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GmG-iLLuSioNz
Accepted Solution

How do i get my clan signed up on here??? I have good members who would be looking for some competition and look to win either money or bragging rights of the best. Were 22-0 for setting up clan battles against random clans. I think we would do good during this. 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
Hope
OPC
LDN
SHT

Bit smaller this time round but we do have a new sign up in OPC. I shall get the table drawn up for later today. I've been off this weekend so I will need to do a bit of fast work :D

GmG-iLLuSioNz if you want to sign up to the clan, please check out my thread above http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/CoD-Clan-League-Sign-up-for-Season-2/m-p/1568762...

I have to get the table drawn up this morning though so you may be a little too late for this season. There are only 4 teams this time round so the season won't take as long though.
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Alright gane, the second season is go!

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW3-CoD-Clan-League-Standings-Fixtures/m-p/15610...

As I said above, there are 4 teams taking part this time round.  Because of this we have shortened the season from 5 weeks to 3.

The rules are pretty much the same as the last time.  I did put the possibility of changing one of the modes to HQ but there was no response to this, so we are using the same Dom/KC/TDM set up as the last time.

Go ahead and set up your games for this week, the map will be Hardhat!

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

We have LDN. This week is quite busy today maintenance and it's short notice anyways so avoid. Tomorrow is clan ops from 9pm and Friday the same time.

So we can only really do Weds / Thurs. Any preference for you guys? :D

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel