05 Rank
Progress

CoD Clan League - Black Ops 2!

[ Edited ]
645 Replies 6,788 Views edited 03-11-2012
11 Feb 2012
By Yaster

Hey folks,

So Black Ops 2 is just about a week and a half away now and I feel the best way of celebrating its return is to bring back one of our most recent events, the CoD Clan league!

Have a look at the post below to find out how the event went down earlier in the year.  We should be following the same lines this time round. 

We might be changing up some of the rules this time round to better suit the new game.  maybe even making use of the multi team options, but in the meantime, we'll be looking for teams of 4 to take part.

Even if your clan is large enough to field larger teams, if you want you can submit more than one team.

Get your teams name down here in the thread if you're interested, we're looking to kick off shortly after the games launch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Image courtesy of born2destroy

For the league table and forthcoming fixtures as well as map announcements, please see this thread: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW3-CoD-Clan-League-Standings-Fixtures/td-p/1531...

Hello folks, welcome to  Season 3.

We've received a bit of feedback during the last season gearing towards the modes played in the league.  It seems that some of you want to steer more towards CoDs strategic set ups rather than the kill-heavy nature of TDM, Kill COnfirmed and Domination.  So Season 3 will be more "explosion"-centric.

The game modes being played between weeks 1 and 3 will be Demolition, Captutre the Flag and if a tie break is needed, Sabotage.

Weeks 4 til 6 will be Kill Confirmed, Domination and Team Deatchmatch in the event of a tie.  Just as before.

The League Setup:

• Each division will consist of just 6 teams
  • The amount of divisons can be unlimited, this will depend on how many teams wish to join in.
  • The team at the top of the league will be promoted a divison upwards and the bottom will be demoted downwards at the end of each season.
  • The league will last 5 weeks and it will be non-stop.  Between each season there will be a weeks break.
  • A win will earn the victorious team 2 points in the league. With 1 point being awarded if the match ends in a draw.

At the end of each season, the winning teams will be able to see their names up in lights on the forum!

League Rules:

• Team Captains are responsible for arranging the game with your opponent.
  • Teams will consist of 4 to 6 players.
  • One game must be completed within each week between Monday and Sunday.
  • Each game will be to the best of 3 rounds, ideally you will want to play these all in the one session
  • After each game you will need to post the results in this thread.  If you're worried about the credibility of your result being in doubt you can link to the match on Elite.callofduty.com, find the match in your "recent matches" list.

Make sure you arrange each match in this thread.  In the case of a "no show", it will be evident based on the communication in this thread who is at fault for a match not going ahead.

When arranging a match with your rival, make sure to suggest  a specific time for when your team will be able to play, don't just say you're available "any time".  Likewise, if your opponent has suggested a time and you cannot make it, suggest an alternative, be specific.

When you arrange a match you must also decide in the thread which team will be which faction (eg. which team will be SAS, which team will be OpFor etc)

Game Rules:

The first round of each match will be Demolition, the second will be Capture the Flag and if a tie breaker is required, round 3 will be Sabotage.  In order to reduce the need to police or sit in on the matches, there will be no restrictions on perks, weapons, attachments, killstreaks or deathstreaks.

All settings should be standard (default).  The matches will take place in the "Private Game" section.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
delderrick
Accepted Solution

In reply to LDN v OPC i dont think kush posted up enough ...

please note this is wrote from the LDN side as team captain i would like to try and give some others a feel for what its like trying to get this organised and stuff !

As most know i have had Kush monkey on my FL and a few of the OPC lads for a while and was even playing with Kush yesterday for most of the morning with me and him both teaching a few lesssons to some on domination .

Well Usually we have a STRONG team with good reserves and also some others who we can get in if we need a player to play but yesterday we were kind of thin on the ground tbh , we did have a strong 4 but during the day we had members dropping like flies and tbh getting 5 man was stressfull even at 830 ...... i then receive message from assassin saying ..... u ready ? its 830 and i have 4 players ..... panic settles in i check LDN list on cod and send random messages to all players online to see who there and who can play at short notice ( also who want to play as i know OPC are no mugs ) . I message back saying 5 mins and hope to get a reply ...... Someone from the LDN list came threw and we were good to go , After we all got in a lobby assasin hosted the DOM game and LDN won it ( as tbh its what we mainly play ) but by no means was it easy and few players ( candykiller, 1deano , whippet being names i remember ) played really well and it was only for us having a triple cap for maybe 20 seconds that made it look better than it was .

Kill confirmed i then hosted ( we only do this to make everyone happy as then there can be no complaints about lag compensation ) and it was pretty close ..... at the start lol ...... we got split up and OPC were running in close groups covering each other and collecting and denieing kills as they moved as a unit , REALLY WELL PLAYED .... once OPC had the lead of maybe 8 or 9 points we couldnt really get it back and in a big map like Interchange for me i was getting a kill moving to confirm and would get picked off thus losing out on my confirm and adding to there count ...... will also mention candykiller hit me in the head ( i think with a semtex and it stuck ) but got a direct impact kill made me giggle tbh that i got knocked out by a nade !

Next it was the decider and with it being so kill orientated we wanted to win .... we started off on the A dom spawn and its not our fav for any game mode as you can get spawn trapped pretty easily there ..... also once it happens you are stuck ...... so tbh we moved as a unit down the left and stied to come out behind OPC who were trying i think to rush our spawn and grab a lead .... we had 2 men cover the access to our spawn and the rest moved around to try and flank / pick off rushers and it worked ok until the game randomly started spawning people in other sections of the map this beaking up both teams tactics ...... was a really close game ended 7500 . 7200 , i dont think LDN lost the lead in the final TDM game but tbh we had got it at start and defended what we had .......... with this in mind YASTER i think that TDM cant be used in the next round the league as a decider as it can be so kill driven and its not fair for teams who are working doing objective game modes in the other areas and then TDM is a bit of a let down as a decider !

Kush , i know you are the leader of OPCand you were upset not to make it and you as a group havnt really been playing together for long and LDN had the advantage of being like a family group and we have played together for a number of years and am sure when OPC have a bit more experience and stuff they ( not that you are not atm ) will be a force to come up against ....... as i have said on many occasions we will get some friendly nights if you wish mate even 9 men each or something or random the teams up a bit as i know a few of OPC and dont mind gaming with them also ( aslong as Durzo doesnt try and touch me again :Help: :lol: ) but we can sort that ourselves no worries , Thanks again to all OPC who turned out and also am sure to the others who couldnt play against us there will be other chances soon and dont be to hard on kush ....... its hard being a leader of a big clan ........ not everyone can play all the time .......... this is just for fun ....... the clan ops is where its important !!!!!!

Great games though lads !!!!!

Re: CoD Clan League - Season 2

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GBrooksy

84%
02 Rank
Progress
GBrooksy
Accepted Solution

delderrick wrote: .......... with this in mind YASTER i think that TDM cant be used in the next round the league as a decider as it can be so kill driven and its not fair for teams who are working doing objective game modes in the other areas and then TDM is a bit of a let down as a decider !

Well played Hope clan, thanks for the game(s)!

I think TDM is the ideal decider for a league like this. The 1st two gametypes are objective more team-based games. The 3rd decider just brings it down to a solid kill or be killed scenario. As i'm sure you are all aware we're mainly a TDM based group, so we lack in DOM and even playing field for KC. You'll get mixed reviews between group to group. But I think the gametypes are of a good mix that encorporates all styles of play. You could argue maybe changing KC for CTF perhaps or instead of DOM.

Looks pretty tight at the top, and personally I think the last games will come between two/three clans/groups needing some sort of decider to take the title. - What's the plan with this then Yaster?

0 Kudos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynx Gaming Forum - A Playstation Community Forum

Website Design and Search Engine Optimisation Analysis - Rackmire Creations

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Yaster
Accepted Solution
I'm thinking TDM with no respawns tbh. If you're not on edge by then then I dunno what's up with you XD
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
Could play SND as the decider.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
delderrick
Accepted Solution
shut it moghal !

nobody asked you :lol:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution

Hmm. Sounds like someone is getting scared for the encounter with PFG next season.

Train now Del cause when me and you are in the same lobby, its not going to be sweet!

:)

edit: forgot to mention, unlucky opc should have beaten ldn the campers :P

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
delderrick
Accepted Solution
Moghal , if PFG is just like VLR we will be fine mate ;)

I have a restraining order thats still valid from the last time you tried to get me into a lobby with you :HELP:

I have been told its not camping its called patrolling ! .....

Look forward to the next round what with couple more clans showing interest and PFG/VLR re entering should make it a pretty interesting event !
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
May the best team win! :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Alright peeps

Well, just check out the current league standings:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW3-CoD-Clan-League-Standings-Fixtures/m-p/15846...

Also, take a look at the map for next week.  I think we've held off Seatown long enough so arrange your matches and let's get it on in this final week of season 2!

And get thinking about signing up for season 3, it begins on the 14th of May.

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
92%
08 Rank
Progress
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

Ok, we play our last game of the season against HoPE. 

What is the best day and time for you Missy? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Twitter @NMawson

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

KushMonkey wrote:

:smileysad: i thought we played each other twice (like regular sports fixtures) was hoping for some revenge on LDN on a map tht aint my worst in MW3

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

KushMonkey wrote:

Thursday probs. This cool? 8pm onwards :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
92%
08 Rank
Progress
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

MissSouthampton wrote:

KushMonkey wrote:

That's fine, make 8.30pm on thursday then. 

Will you have a team of 6?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Twitter @NMawson

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

KushMonkey wrote:

MissSouthampton wrote:

KushMonkey wrote:

We will try and get 6 but I am not actually here that day :/ I am sure we can get enough on tho. :) ENG_Flojo_16 (PSN) is captaining this one. Good luck :D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
92%
08 Rank
Progress
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

MissSouthampton wrote:

KushMonkey wrote:

MissSouthampton wrote:

KushMonkey wrote:

We will try and get 6 but I am not actually here that day :/ I am sure we can get enough on tho. :) ENG_Flojo_16 (PSN) is captaining this one. Good luck :D

Damn, I was looking forward to blowing your brains out. :smileyhappy:

Im not sure if I can make it thursday either, but I will try. If not I can easily get a team together.

I will add ENG_Flojo-16 on PSN then.

0 Kudos

Twitter @NMawson

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Um..sorry I got the underscores and hyphens wrong lmao. I always do this! 

ENG-Flojo-16 - is correct! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
92%
08 Rank
Progress
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

Ok, no problem. 

I will add her later.

0 Kudos

Twitter @NMawson

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
92%
08 Rank
Progress
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

EDIT: Her friends list is full Missy.

Ignore, i've sent her a message.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Twitter @NMawson

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
spank2103
Accepted Solution

I've set a reminder on my calender so I dont forget to sign up this time, good luck in the final week guys.

0 Kudos

PSN: spank2103
Current PS4 games: CoD Ghosts, Fifa 14, AC Black Flag (Offline only)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
delderrick
Accepted Solution
Hi tarry mate as we spoke threw psn then tonight should be fine for a group from LDN to attend , Small issue is that i cant for first time since the launch of cod league am not around ...... somethings came up and i cant get out of it !

Could you add x substance ( i will ask him to send you a FR ) he will be in charge for tonights match ..... there are 5 folk still with also a reserve so shouldnt be an issue i know you have 4 trying for 5 .

Good luck lads , and may best team win !
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tarry07

60%
02 Rank
Progress
tarry07
Accepted Solution
Hi yeh I will add him on psn wen I get on there and we have 5 players now but still try for a 6th
0 Kudos

Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel