Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

CoD Clan League - Black Ops 2!

[ Edited ]
645 Replies 6,056 Views edited 03-11-2012

Hey folks,

So Black Ops 2 is just about a week and a half away now and I feel the best way of celebrating its return is to bring back one of our most recent events, the CoD Clan league!

Have a look at the post below to find out how the event went down earlier in the year.  We should be following the same lines this time round. 

We might be changing up some of the rules this time round to better suit the new game.  maybe even making use of the multi team options, but in the meantime, we'll be looking for teams of 4 to take part.

Even if your clan is large enough to field larger teams, if you want you can submit more than one team.

Get your teams name down here in the thread if you're interested, we're looking to kick off shortly after the games launch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Image courtesy of born2destroy

For the league table and forthcoming fixtures as well as map announcements, please see this thread: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW3-CoD-Clan-League-Standings-Fixtures/td-p/1531...

Hello folks, welcome to  Season 3.

We've received a bit of feedback during the last season gearing towards the modes played in the league.  It seems that some of you want to steer more towards CoDs strategic set ups rather than the kill-heavy nature of TDM, Kill COnfirmed and Domination.  So Season 3 will be more "explosion"-centric.

The game modes being played between weeks 1 and 3 will be Demolition, Captutre the Flag and if a tie break is needed, Sabotage.

Weeks 4 til 6 will be Kill Confirmed, Domination and Team Deatchmatch in the event of a tie.  Just as before.

The League Setup:

• Each division will consist of just 6 teams
  • The amount of divisons can be unlimited, this will depend on how many teams wish to join in.
  • The team at the top of the league will be promoted a divison upwards and the bottom will be demoted downwards at the end of each season.
  • The league will last 5 weeks and it will be non-stop.  Between each season there will be a weeks break.
  • A win will earn the victorious team 2 points in the league. With 1 point being awarded if the match ends in a draw.

At the end of each season, the winning teams will be able to see their names up in lights on the forum!

League Rules:

• Team Captains are responsible for arranging the game with your opponent.
  • Teams will consist of 4 to 6 players.
  • One game must be completed within each week between Monday and Sunday.
  • Each game will be to the best of 3 rounds, ideally you will want to play these all in the one session
  • After each game you will need to post the results in this thread.  If you're worried about the credibility of your result being in doubt you can link to the match on Elite.callofduty.com, find the match in your "recent matches" list.

Make sure you arrange each match in this thread.  In the case of a "no show", it will be evident based on the communication in this thread who is at fault for a match not going ahead.

When arranging a match with your rival, make sure to suggest  a specific time for when your team will be able to play, don't just say you're available "any time".  Likewise, if your opponent has suggested a time and you cannot make it, suggest an alternative, be specific.

When you arrange a match you must also decide in the thread which team will be which faction (eg. which team will be SAS, which team will be OpFor etc)

Game Rules:

The first round of each match will be Demolition, the second will be Capture the Flag and if a tie breaker is required, round 3 will be Sabotage.  In order to reduce the need to police or sit in on the matches, there will be no restrictions on perks, weapons, attachments, killstreaks or deathstreaks.

All settings should be standard (default).  The matches will take place in the "Private Game" section.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

You're too late Beats for this season, but you can always sign up for next season once this one finishes.

@Del, Mogs and Spank2103 - Seribal_Assassin is the new Captain of OPC so you need to arrange future matches with him.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

Re: CoD Clan League - Season 3!

Twitter @NMawson
/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

Ok thanks for the heads up Kush.

Im playing football tonight so probably cant play today and the football is on tuesday but my guys can play wednesday for week 4....Any time after 8.30 like usual.

0 Kudos

PSN: spank2103
Current PS4 games: CoD Ghosts, Fifa 14, AC Black Flag (Offline only)
/16

rob88wells

97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rob88wells
Accepted Solution
Is this the beginning of your transition over to LDN Lush? ;)
0 Kudos

/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

spank2103 wrote:

Ok thanks for the heads up Kush.

Im playing football tonight so probably cant play today and the football is on tuesday but my guys can play wednesday for week 4....Any time after 8.30 like usual.

hi mate thats the same this end with the england match on tues,ill ask the lads tonight if weds is ok with them & ill let you know also mate could you send me a friend request on ps3 & ill accept when i get home later so we can chat on there.

0 Kudos

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

Ok mate, I will have my son wednesday so 8.45 or 9 ok?

0 Kudos

/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution
ok So can i ask WHo LDN are playing i thought this week it was LDNv GA ? Because with PFG not taking part and also the gap week with nobody getting hold of PFG then am lost tbh !

We played GA first off in the kill confirmed demo games ...... so this week does it not return to the Domination and KC game types and we play them first ?

Am lost cant do tonight anyways as england game also Robbwells or DonP may post up here on my behalf as i have something going on so not really time for this atm !
0 Kudos

/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution
Also can i point out that the team who cant attend PFG ( am not having a go Moghal i know its not your fault ) Have now more points than GA who have tried to keep on track and attend the event as best they could !

To give a draw for a team not being able to attend is not fair on them ( GA ) as PFG could come third and in reality they will have only turned up for one game !

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

EDIT: Seribal Assassin ive just realised you are the new OPC not LDN leader, we are not playing you this week, we played you last week :) I do believe we are playing LDN in week 4s game.

Thanks delderrick, didnt really wanna bring it up but the week that we was suppose to play them originally I posted on monday morning that we could play Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, then I said in another post Thursday at a push, then ;posted again on friday and they said sunday afternoon was the only day they could play, I offered friday and sunday after clan ops.

My team were willing and ready to play 6 out of 7 nights and they offered only a sunday afternoon and it goes down as a draw... I know its suppose to be fun and all but as someone else said something thought I would have my say.

Delderrick I believe you are suppose to play us for week 4 (Which is now last weeks game? Dom, KC + TDM on Fallen). If that is the case then tomorrow night after 8.45pm is probably good for us, what do you think? Like previously said I doubt either side will get a team whilst the England game is on :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
Just like to say something, I believe 3rd i fair for us :P

Anyway, GA did make more of an effort to get their games played against us, they were available for more days than us.

I'll try and get a team for the modes as it totally messes up the schedule. We still need to play OPC from last week and LDN from this week.

0 Kudos

/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution

Ok so moghal look at the threads lol , if am playing GA this week ..... like i think am ment to then you cant be playing them ...... as for last weeks game against us ..... we got put down for a draw as you couldnt get a team ( and i know why moghal and please dont think am moaning at you personally ) . I dont think a draw is fair on the team that are ready to play and doesnt hear anything from there oposition ..... should that not go down as a win by default ? 

Am still lost anyways , GA if you want we can play tomorrow night but probably more like 930 due to me having to be out till around 9 , IF this is cool no worries if not i will check and get someone else from LDN to sort it with you earlier !

Moghal if you want to play us at anytime i need 1 days notice and am there , am lost with this due to the switch around game modes and Yaster not posting up a map till the friday didnt help a while back so we didnt know what to do ! Moghal only commitment we have as a team is we do clan ops usually friday sat and sunday nights so thats why i like to get these out road by thursday latest 

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
Ok think I got you Del :D

Just another point. If they got a draw against us then if everyone gets a draw it will make it even if you get my drift.

We're all nearly 1 week behind schedule also due to the fixtures being posted mid a while back. I'm sure there will be some leeway given to get the games played.
0 Kudos

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution
Delderrick yeah 9.30 should be fine mate, I will rally up some guys today, if I dont hear from you / you hear from me ill message you on PSN tonight. You are home team so its your host right?
0 Kudos

/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution
yes mate we be host on this one , no worries mate .

I will be around how many you got playing tonight ?
0 Kudos

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

Ive had 4 people say they can play and including me thats 5, we got another guy who is on call who can play if we need him (He hardly ever gets called out when hes on call) but I would imagine we will have six pretty easilly by that time of night.

0 Kudos

/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution
Cool mate 6 man is good for us also , Am sick of 4 v4 and stuff and having to let folk not play ( well usually i drop out as am nice like that )

Message you around 9pm to sort it for 930 kick off !

Speak then !
0 Kudos

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution
Yeah that is great, yeah I really dont like 4 vs 4 either we lost a clan match in 4vs4 on various game modes the other day, really different compared to 6vs6 or even 5vs5 although it only means one or two people extra per team buts a big gap into anything you have ever played before.
0 Kudos

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

LDN won last nights game an embarrassing 2-0, well played guys.Think domination was 200-125 or something like that and kill confirmed was 65-55 (The score in kill confirmed didnt reflect how bad we played).

Gonna apologise that we couldnt give you some half decent competition. It was like being a public lobbie with randoms, no one was communicating, no one was listening, was barking orders out by then end of the game but it was like the whole team went def, forgot how to play domination and FPS's in general.... From the start it just went ***** up.

Well played again to Delderrick and his guys, was definately alot more one sided that the last time we played.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
You know what, I fancy doing a doubles tournament anyway regardless of the poll. Gonna start planning soon.

OK chaps, I will be off on Sunday, I might be able to update the table and such at home but I can't guarantee. If I cant update on Sunday, I'll do it on Monday!
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution
***** dont worry mate TBH as you know we didnt even know what map we were playing and with the modes being more like we play ( domination is our thing ) then we were ok . As for the communication stuff problem i have on my side is getting a word in lol .

Good games again mate and as always it was a pleasure , See you soon mate !

MOGHAL u want to play the outstanding game we have from last week anytime soon ? Or do we get the WIN threw default ?
0 Kudos

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution
Yeah didnt expect to beat you guys at domination to be honest and I dont mind losing if we play well but we didnt even seem to make a push just turned to crap...

Maybe we could play a few domination games sometime? If not a few clan matches on blackops 2 if you guys are getting it? Would be good to get some decent private games in when the game comes out :)
0 Kudos

/16

spank2103

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spank2103
Accepted Solution

Just trying to get more organised for next week.

OPC - Kush / Seribal assassin, best days for my clan are Tuesdays at the moment, England are playing sunday night and 95% of our members dont have other commitments on that day.

Any chance we can play Tuesday, 26th June at about 21:30 gmt???

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel