Games

Call of Duty

Call of Duty

05 Mar 2012
By: SteMachine1982 Member 31 Posts
Level 1

Hardcore Game Modes

6 Replies 334 Views Created 05-03-2012

I recently started to play on the hardcore game modes (TDM and Sabotage).  I wondered, what are other people's thoughts on the HC game modes?  I'm currently undecided as to what I prefer.

Obviously HC modes are much more difficult given the limited HUD (I never realised how much I relied on the mini-map and killcam!), but they are a bit more realistic from a weapon damage perspective.

One thing is I have had to completely alter my style of play for HC game modes. I can't run and gun any more, I've had to really slow my pace down, lots of creeping around etc.That has taken a bit of getting used to.

What do the rest of you think? Does the lack of mini map and killcam encourage people to camp a bit more? Which mode do you prefer? Does your play style differ for HC?

Discuss! Any advice also appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Hardcore Game Modes

Well i am surprised nobody has replied in here yet.

I pretty much play Hardcore mode eclusively unless i drop in to a game of infected from the comunity play list.

You are probably correct that more people camp in hardcore mode because its harder to detect where thay are if you didnt actually see them. Its much better for snipers because of this.

You do have to alter your play style significantly to be successfull in HC mode and you will almost certainly need to use a different class and perks set up to suit.

Knowing your way around the maps inside out back to front and blindfolded also helps without the mini map to keep glancing at.

The only thing i dislike about hardcore modes is the richochet feature it is not implemented properly or fairly in my view.

Fair enough bullets, RPG, Noob tubes and frags should kill you not a team mate but things like exploding burning  barrels and cars that you have shot rounds into deliberatly or not shouldnt richochet back to kill you.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (315 Views)
Level 1

Thanks for the reply - I was starting to wonder if I'd offended anyone!

Yeah I've set up a Ninja class, which is making the sneaking about all the more easy. Definitely better than legging it around with the UMP - it just isn't possible to do that in HC.  I have to say I'm enjoying the new style of play now I've started to get into it more.

I honestly think that using HC modes make the game more balanced. If you look at the scores of the winning team at the end of each match, it occurs far less that the top scorer there has tons more kills than the rest of his team, scores tend to be a bit more even - I think it encourages team play more, which is a good thing. There'll always be campers - I'm happy if they're sniping but otherwise I'd prefer people to move around and help their team win!

I know what you mean regarding the ricochet aspect of things - kills/damage shouldn't come from the destructable objects within the match.  It needs evening out in that respect for sure.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Used to play a fair amount of HC back in the days of MW , couple of guys i worked with swore by it so i gave it a spin , went well.....................apart from me thinking it would be a laugh to knife my mate ( didn't know at the time friendly fire was on :smileyembarrassed: ) ended up in the minus straight away!!

Definately enjoy the mode and as you say needs a slightly different approach , although i do still run n gun to a certain extent , a more cautious footing can make all the difference. Generally just run the classes i have and switch about as need be.

Not played much of it this time round , went in with a couple of mates as they had never played it.

Didn't go well...........................not well at all!!! One of them got flustered at having no map or hud , once i explained the in's and out's it got a bit better for him.

Other guy was well happy when he got a javelin kill.....................pity it was me he killed though ( on a streak as well ) , when i told him it was me he killed he was quite surprised..................couldn't quite grasp the concept of friendly fire , he also blew me up with a nade and shot through me a few times as well. nevertheless it was a good laugh.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hardcore is good because it allows you to use guns you would never normally use.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I enjoy HC Domination. Won't touch HC TDM as TDM is a campfest anyway. First game I ever had on MW3 HC Dom was against a team of Javelin users. I was not impressed. Although now we generally only see the nubes out when we go up against high ranking players. (100+). I wonder how they got there when they only use noob tubes and jump out the game at last minute. No worries, I recorded it anyway mate!

Fun game. I don't agree fully that you have to creep about everywhere. I like rushing people and I do it in HC fairly successfully. Seems to throw them off alot when they see the MW3 version of Leeroy Jenkins kicking in their back doors. Probably the best mode if you plan on leveling up your gun.

Played a friendly HC HQ game yesterday (without realising it was actually HC). Should not have constantly used that C4...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I love hardcore, been the only mode I choose to play on modern warfare. Myself and a friend used to play all the time on Hardcore moshpit on MW2, still play on MW3 but mainly Kill confirmed as nothing else is any good.

I value quality of play and working towards objectives but sadly you just always end up with a batch of idiots who do nothing to help usually in objective based games. Hardcore also feels more satisfying because you have to work for kills which in the standard modes tend to be given to you no matter how bad a player you are. Hardcore also means you use your sense of hearing more in order to detect where the enemy is in relation to your position.

• Headquarters is just a toobfest so have given up on that entirely, the same with domination (although not as bad).
  • Sabotage was always a favourite for as you get a mixture of players, the early rushers, the campers  and the pushers moving the bomb away from your base towards the enemy which adds good variety to the way a game will play out and is different every time
  • Capture the flag was another favourite when I used to play with a friend, as we enjoyed working together as CTF if there are 2 of you playing means you can disregard what your team does as you can still usually win by working together in a very small team.

Wish they would bring back the old range of game modes in moshpit on MW3 as it's just a boring noob tube and camper fest most of the time and the main reason I've not been on it since.

I agree about the game style, it stops people who run around like a maniac as they have less of a chance in hardcore to do this and I always find it is more enjoyable overall as you can choose to keep moving about or move from point to point taking it a kill at a time. Yes camping is more regular in hardcore but really if you're the idiot who keeps letting yourself get shot by the same person there is only one person to blame. If people stopped getting upset wanting revenge and started avoiding the campers spot they would soon get bored and move on only to get nailed a lot in doing so or remain in a place where no one goes and be at the bottom of the player list.

Sadly you do tend to get a lot more abuse than in the normal game modes from people calling you a camper because you've been in the same area but different spots each time you kill the same muppet who comes down the same narrow path 10 times in a row. But at the end of the day if they think 10 different places to be shot from is camping then they need to get out more. I tend to play till I get a kill and then move on to another spot but quite nearby as invariably they will come back looking for revenge having a good idea where you were to discover your not there anymore and take them out from another spot nearby.

PSN ID: Astec123 - Playing GT5 non stop and MW2 on Hardcore
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (228 Views)
0 Kudos