88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-shaney-x
Accepted Solution

I just don't think it's overpowered.  A lot of people use it because it is very easy to use, yes.  Just point and shoot and no need to worry about such things as recoil.

The downside is it isn't that great close up and can easily be outgunned by SMG's.

All the guns have strong and weak points and I don't think there is a perfect gun for everyone, just that the ACR is probably the closest thing to it.

I actually think the MP7 is just as easy to use and better overall but people don't complain about that.

I see WAY more people using the awful UMP than the ACR.

0 Kudos

Re: Is there a report option for:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

Devastator9

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devastator9
Accepted Solution

all this talk of overpoweredness amuses me. I think of it this way..... look at formula 1 sebastian vettel is the best car and wins  the championship by a mile....some might say his car is overpowered, does that mean he is suppossed to drive a lotus, or williams ro some other rubbish car just to valiadate his credentials as champion?!?!

its also like finding a pair of running shoes that makes you run faster and helps you finish first in a race.... you telling me you wouldn't use them (you would think..."no i shall not use these as they give me an advantage, i shall run in walking boots).

Fact of the matter is this if a gun is overpowered, and i find i am comfortable using it (which isn't always the case, the type 95 was considered overpowered, but i couldn't really get the hang of it) i am gonna use it and abuse. if you chose not to use it because its overpowered that is your decesion, but don't come crying to me (or anyone else) when i kill you with an overpowered weapon, because at the end of the day the option for you to use it was there also.

By the way this rant was not aimed at anyone person.... just the crowd in general who whinge about overpowered weapons.

0 Kudos

/16

x-shaney-x

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-shaney-x
Accepted Solution

And the ACR also takes a while to unlock (unless you use prestige token) so that's still 60-odd ranks of using non-overpowered stuff.

Also, overpowered would suggest to me that something is more powerful and better than anything else.

Since anyone is free to use the so-called overpowered guns, how can ANYTHING be overpowered?

0 Kudos

/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
This was taken much too seriously.

I went for lighthearted whimsy.
0 Kudos

/16

x-shaney-x

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-shaney-x
Accepted Solution

It started off as whimsy but then criticizing players for what weapons they use then calling them names because of it and suggesting they are inferior people/players is probably going to be taken seriously in a community like this.

0 Kudos

/16

rob88wells

97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rob88wells
Accepted Solution

You're one to talk Mr. Silenced MP7 with Blind Eye and Assassin.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Razxrrr

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Razxrrr
Accepted Solution

Nothing wrong with Blind Eye or Assassin.

0 Kudos

/16

stevewhu

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stevewhu
Accepted Solution
ACR FTW!
Every gun is nooby, the whole game is a noob shooter.
0 Kudos

/16

stevewhu

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stevewhu
Accepted Solution
The ACR isn't even that great , its very inconsistent if you don't have a super dooper connection.
Same with the SCAR, 4-5 bullets to kill then next game 10 bullets.
I see noobs running around with the STRIKER more and more since its so over powered with damage and extended mags.
0 Kudos

/16

Gordon_Hose

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gordon_Hose
Accepted Solution

I'm loving the AK47 at the mo. I'll probably carry it over when I prestige!

0 Kudos

/16

stevewhu

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stevewhu
Accepted Solution

Gordon_Hose wrote:

I just can't get used to the AK in this COD. I loved it in MW2 when you got to level 80 but never used it much because i prestiged all the time. In Black ops (even though it was alot different to MW2's AK) i loved it also. Got any tips for using it in MW3? best attachment and proficiency? :)
0 Kudos

/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
The AK47 is great gun to use, and powerful. . .however if you put a silencer on it , it turns to poo poo
0 Kudos

/16

stevewhu

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stevewhu
Accepted Solution
I might give it a bash again as i love the gun in other CODs. talking of silencers they were all horrible in Blops, never used em.
0 Kudos

/16

Gordon_Hose

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gordon_Hose
Accepted Solution

stevewhu wrote:

Gordon_Hose wrote:

I just can't get used to the AK in this COD. I loved it in MW2 when you got to level 80 but never used it much because i prestiged all the time. In Black ops (even though it was alot different to MW2's AK) i loved it also. Got any tips for using it in MW3? best attachment and proficiency? :)

I just took to it, I loved it in Blops. I didn't use it at all in MW3 on the run up to Prestige 1, after I unlocked it on the run up to Prestige 2 I decided to give it a blast, and it's great.

I'm currently using it with the RDS and Impact, although Kick is a handy one to use if you don't get along with the bounce.

I switch between the AK and the PP90M1, depending on the size of the map. I wouldn't use the Ak on a map like Dome, for example.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

GBrooksy

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GBrooksy
Accepted Solution

I think the OP just got grilled lol.

Each to their own though. I don't care what setups people use against me, It's like I could say people who use Sniper with quickdraw and an acog are noobs too or similar setups. So if I was to get serious about this in real-life you cannot shoot accurately with a Sniper with ACOG or a standard scope let alone be fast and get up close kills. - anyone who had fired a high rate sniper will agree.

But it's just a game. I use the ACR, Type 95 and have classes for days when I want to play with something different... and thats what makes it fun, using what I want when I want aslong as the game allows me to within their rules.

0 Kudos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynx Gaming Forum - A Playstation Community Forum

Website Design and Search Engine Optimisation Analysis - Rackmire Creations
/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
Does anyone report players when they lag? I do but I don't know if I'm meant to.

For example. . .a guy was sprinting around with the PP90M1 and before he saw me I started shooting him. . .I gave him a ton of damage yet he turned around and killed me. . .watched his killcam and he was taking damage and yet managed not to die.

I reported him for "Cheating" but I'm not sure if cheating with an awful connection is cheating or "exploit" :S
0 Kudos

/16

jordan579

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jordan579
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Does anyone report players when they lag? I do but I don't know if I'm meant to.

For example. . .a guy was sprinting around with the PP90M1 and before he saw me I started shooting him. . .I gave him a ton of damage yet he turned around and killed me. . .watched his killcam and he was taking damage and yet managed not to die.

I reported him for "Cheating" but I'm not sure if cheating with an awful connection is cheating or "exploit" :S

I really hope you're not being serious with this one.

0 Kudos

/16

Smokin_Whippet

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smokin_Whippet
Accepted Solution

Was you born on this planet?

/16

Reaper190

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Reaper190
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst-- wrote:

Good Job I don't come across you when playing MW3 and have a decent connection! TFFT!

0 Kudos

/16

Razxrrr

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Razxrrr
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst-- wrote:

What? The lag may be caused by the servers and not his connection. You're just being an arse.

0 Kudos

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst-- wrote:

You do realise that if you start making to many false reports then IW could ban you.

I can't believe that you reported somebody just because they have a bad connection. Maybe it's time to give up on the game.

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel