24 Apr 2010
By: ShinruAndy

4 Posts

MW2 and PSN Party and connection Issues need help"

14 Replies 2,148 Views Created 24-04-2010

Hi when i play Modern Warefare 2 i have an OPEN NAT Type.

but for some reason even with ADSL2 internet i cannot host a party even though my friends have Nat type open as well and live about a suburb away from me.

i have a Belkin N Wireless Router 

i have done DMZ, port forwarding and disabled firewall to get Nat Open and even bridged my modem.

I have noticed that i get NAT 2 in internet connection test and this error message 

"The router in use may not support IP fragments, and the communication features of some games may be restricted"

please note im over wireless connection 100% signal and connect direct connect modem is to far away.

please help

all i wanna do is be able to play private matched with my mate...

and its not the only friend im having trouble with its all my friends.

any help would be awesome :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (2,148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: MW2 and PSN Party and connection Issues need help"

Simple enough your internet is crap.
You'll just have to have your friends host it up
♥ You All :smileyhappy:

FC#K Clan vs YOU!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (2,186 Views)
0 Kudos

My internet isn't "crap"...
i can host games. and i can host party's for some mates but not for others, and even if i host a game i cannot invite my particular friend to the game even though he has moderate nat type.
alas he can still get into a party hosted by a different friend of mine..
to bad he doesent play anymore.
is there any way of sorting the ip fragments issue
im with Bigpond and my MTU is 1454 on my router and automatic on my ps3..
my Belkin router supports ip fragments accoring to belkin.
could still having regular adsl filters also be a major problem?
or should you still be able to host with regular adsl speeds?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (2,176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Wireless is good for convenience, but otherwise as useful as a chocolate teapot.

The wireless speed indicated is generally half that, as half the signal is used for control packets. If you can, try with a wired connection, and see what happens.

Your setup sounds pretty much like mine, the only difference being that you're using wireless, and I have next to no problems hosting.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (2,142 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Part of the problem lay with "IW" So it really will come down to luck, some day's there MP Platform is good, most bad. Even my American & Canadian Crew have massive problems with MW2 at times, pertaining latency.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (2,128 Views)
0 Kudos

yeah i cant wire haha no way at all i can its seperate room no tv and no were i can pace my ps3 :smileyfrustrated:

i fixed the ip fragments issues.

its simple

i called up Bigpond to ensure my Router had the right MTU settings.

then after that i just changed my ps3 from auto to what the number is on my router and no more message and it doesent take 12 billions hours on the test page to find out my nat type and it finally says Unpn available always..

but even with that said STILL cant join my Mate's party nor can he join mine and but he can host everyone else in a party and my mates can host him must all just be my connection..

anyone know if having adsl splitters for adsl2 could be causing this..

as we havent changed them over yet..

thanks for the help so far guys

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (2,122 Views)
0 Kudos

i can host games perfectly but just cant host party's with most of my friends even though others can 

theres only one mate who is always on like me but he and i cant party together even though were best mates :smileysad: hope they improve partying problems... but the weird thing is i cant even invite him to games im hosting...

hes optus im telstra.. might be a key?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (2,121 Views)
0 Kudos

Dude i have the exact same router with the exact same problem I have yet to find out ***** is going on with it. Belkin told me that everything is fine with the router to but im thinking now this model must have something wrong with it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (1,859 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

swinger400 wrote:

Dude i have the exact same router with the exact same problem I have yet to find out ***** is going on with it. Belkin told me that everything is fine with the router to but im thinking now this model must have something wrong with it.

I have a Belkin N wireless modem and I have no problems with it. As for playing MW2 I have no connection issues. I am running a wired connection and I have not done DMZ or port forwarding and my firewall is on.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (1,852 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

@OP - are you still having problems? A friend of mine had this issue - you need to make sure you are pingable for MW2. Make sure pings aren't blocked and sometimes, firewall needs to be off.

Your friend's NAT should also be Open. Having others in the party on Mod or Strict also impacts the ability of everyone to party up successfully - someone is bound to drop off when the party enters a game.

Screenshot of your router settings?

mummehkiss_tall.png

The truth is rarely pure and never simple. -O Wilde
Lag Battler, Secret Agent, Grand Poobah, Ninja, Pirate.
Contemplative on the surface, but puzzled underneath. And a wee bit drowsy.

Free food and free hugs.

LearnPSP.pngLoco.jpgFollowShare

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (1,835 Views)
0 Kudos