Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 86

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

10 Jan 2011
By ShadowmanX5

ShadowmanX5

  • Offline
51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

MW2 lobby's hacked...

[ Edited ]
230 Replies 5,382 Views edited 10-01-2011

Just attempting to alert Sony since there doesn't apprear to be any kind of reporting system -_- (and if there is im just missing it).  But yes it would appear with the hype around black ops, Activision have semed to neglect their older games, i've just played a match of MW2 with GENUINE hackers on the PS3. With aimbot, unlimited ammo, guns that fire AC130 bullets and pretty much infiniate everything (Me and two of my friends witnissed all of this). Now I have experienced hacked lobby's before by fluke accident where all players have infinate ammo, but the fact that this happend TWICE and both times it was the same people with these hacks and i shall in fact reveal these little pathetic hackers who insist on ruining the fun for others:

 

[Edited - Do not name and shame]


if you find these two in a game of MW2 be aware they may be sucking out all the fun and just generaly being little ****'s -_- *sigh* I do hope Activision do something about this and dont just let it decay until the game is no longer playable...

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
02
/16

BR26354

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BR26354
Accepted Solution

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do. Infinity Ward and Activision have basically said that they're going to make future games more secure, but they are not going to fix the problems with MW1 and MW2. The online play for those games is officially dead - well, not entirely dead, but most people aren't gonna be playing the public lobbies because of the script kiddies are running rampant with their hacked 'challenge' lobbies.

 

I really feel bad for anyone that has bought MW2 in the last month or so - you're never gonna get a fair game online due to the idiots who take some sort of delight in ruining everyone else's game.

 

I never understood why Infinity Ward and Activision couldn't continue to support MW2 with patches. IMO, they could fix the lobby issue by adding code to legit player's machines that would detect hacked lobbies and therefore never join them. But, it seems they're not willing to do this.

 

Anyway, I'm pretty annoyed and have made up my mind never to buy an Infinity Ward game again. I have really enjoyed the two COD games that I have played (MW1 and MW2), but I've been repeatedly left disappointed by the unwillingness of Infinity Ward and Activision to support the players that pay their wages.

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
05
/16

Ellie87

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
87%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ellie87
Accepted Solution

I just love the way hackers have to ruin the fun for everybody else.

 

I just don't get why people are so desperate to try to be better than everyone else on Call of Duty, it won't advantage them in life, and it's certainly nothing to be proud of. CoD has turned into this uber competitive franchise where getting a good kdr is all that matters to the majority of people.

 

I can't see what is in store for the future of Call of Duty, but it really is going to take drastic action to save it now.

 

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

02
/16

BR26354

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BR26354
Accepted Solution

 


Ellie87 wrote:

 

CoD has turned into this uber competitive franchise where getting a good kdr is all that matters to the majority of people.

 

 


 

Yeah and it's not like the stats actually reflect anything accurately anyway. The leaderboards were hacked from day one, a large number of players boosted, a large number of lost games are due server errors or being thrown into a game where you're side is losing 7400 to 2400 and of top of all that you have hackers, glitchers and lag switchers and if you're lucky, your connection is good enough to kill someone without using a whole clip.

 

It's still a lot of fun, but perhaps the COD games aren't that great after all?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
05
/16

Ellie87

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
87%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ellie87
Accepted Solution

BR26354 wrote:

 


Ellie87 wrote:

 

CoD has turned into this uber competitive franchise where getting a good kdr is all that matters to the majority of people.

 

 


 

Yeah and it's not like the stats actually reflect anything accurately anyway. The leaderboards were hacked from day one, a large number of players boosted, a large number of lost games are due server errors or being thrown into a game where you're side is losing 7400 to 2400 and of top of all that you have hackers, glitchers and lag switchers and if you're lucky, your connection is good enough to kill someone without using a whole clip.

 

It's still a lot of fun, but perhaps the COD games aren't that great after all?


Exactly. The leaderboards have always been messed up. It's like people think they are going to be praised for having a kdr that is above let's say, 3.00 or 4.00. In reality, who really cares?? :D

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

02
/16

UKviper

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
UKviper
Accepted Solution
Anyone know if COD WAW has been hacked? After losing all my stats on MW2 I've decided not to play it again but I still need my COD fix.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

I'm old humour me
02
/16

BR26354

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BR26354
Accepted Solution

 


UKviper wrote:
Anyone know if COD WAW has been hacked? After losing all my stats on MW2 I've decided not to play it again but I still need my COD fix.

 

 

Aw, that sucks - lucky for me, I've stayed away and still have all my stats intact (though I am annoyed that it is unlikely that I can ever go back to MW2 without being hacked).

 

Anyway, my understanding is that Treyarch did put some of their own security into their games, whereas Infinity Ward relied entirely on Sony's platform security.

 

But, seeing as I don't have WAW, my advice to you would be to create a sub-account and then go and see for yourself using that account. If all appears well, go back to using your original account. I'd be surprsied if there wasn't any hacked lobbies, but you might be in luck.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

02
/16

Topcat000

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Topcat000
Accepted Solution

It really annoying that there are so many hackers on Modern Warfare 2.... such as PRO_JBOY who has hacked the game and just spins arround getting 70 plus kills and normal players dont stand a chance...

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

04
/16

SmakInTheFace

  • Offline
74%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SmakInTheFace
Accepted Solution

MW2 really is screwed now, I've been playing black ops for the past few months and went on MW2 the other day(using a different account after reading about all the hacks) and in my first game i was repeatedly killed by a guy on the roof in highrise with little red squares in the killcam(aimbot).

 

This frustrated me a little so i left, then in the next game i got some kills and got to level 2! by the end of the game having been hacked i was level 70 with absolutely everything unlocked:Shame:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

05
/16

BigMoab

  • Offline
88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

i made a thread way back in december about the Hacking or the start of a massive hack here: http://www.community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW2-Search-and-Destroy-Mod/td-p/12022718

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

 photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
02
/16

Mean-Smiles

  • Offline
64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mean-Smiles
Accepted Solution

Maybe some good news!!

 

Infinity Ward has promised that the PlayStation 3 version of Modern Warfare 2 -- which has been overrun by hackers -- will be fixed as soon as possible. 

 

"I just left a security meeting with the coders here at Infinity Ward where we discussed a lot of solutions," said community manager Robert Bowling. "I feel good about the meeting, but of course I can't go into detail on the possible solutions we discussed as we don't want to give out any information that could potentially hinder the security any further.

 

"... The key factor I want you to know is, that while any update takes time, we are looking to make the process as quick as possible and nothing is being left unattended."

 

The last time Infinity Ward addressed this issue, the studio stated that the ball was in Sony's court, as the PS3's infrastructure needed fixing. Given that this happened with the first Modern Warfare as well, the PlayStation Network looks like a cheaters paradise. Say what you will about Xbox Live's restrictions, but at least the bad eggs are thrown out pretty swiftly. 

 

[Via Infinity Ward forums]

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: MW2 lobby's hacked...

02
/16

TheBeanPole

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheBeanPole
Accepted Solution

From the impression I got from Sony & Activision's phone call today, Any one who has compromised the servers using their own codes will be banned. The question is when.

 

If your stats have been reset, they can be put right if you call Activision.

 

If you are a hacker and you feel you won't be banned, please carry on. It will not just be your online ID that will be banned so you can make another one, it will be rather more. However I don't want you to know what, you'll just have to find out the hard way!

 

They are taking this very seriously as it has and will effected future sales. Also reputation has a lot at stake.

 

The cost in recertifying the issue is far less than the loss of profit in future releases if they did nothing.

 

To anyone experiencing the offenders, Please carry on reporting it. It shall pay off!

 

That's all for now. 

 

 

 

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

03
/16

RaymondK8

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RaymondK8
Accepted Solution
1. Hack MW2 and abuse the online play.
2. Get banned from any online access on your PS3, permanently.
3. Remembers that PS3 is jailbroken and Sony has yet released anything to patch it.
4. Finds a way to unban the online access.

Stupid little hackers will find a way against things no matter what. We will see a change in hackers when Sony starts to fight against the jailbreaking.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

02
/16

Dreaded_Panda

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dreaded_Panda
Accepted Solution

The MW2 hacks are not from the jailbreak. There's a flaw in the game that lets the users hack it.

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

03
/16

pav4n

  • Offline
94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pav4n
Accepted Solution

 


Dreaded_Panda wrote:

The MW2 hacks are not from the jailbreak. There's a flaw in the game that lets the users hack it.


 

 

 

 

 

Incorrect, MW2 hacks have always been because of PS3 security breaches, its just that this latest PS3 Jailbreak (not to be confused with PSJailbreak) has been the only easily accessible flaw in PS3 security.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

02
/16

lloydylloyd

  • Offline
46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lloydylloyd
Accepted Solution

I can't see them actively pursuing the hackers now that black ops is out. Its a shame, every other game on MW2 is a hacked lobby.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

04
/16

martyn_gibbs

  • Offline
97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
martyn_gibbs
Accepted Solution

lloydylloyd wrote:

I can't see them actively pursuing the hackers now that black ops is out. Its a shame, every other game on MW2 is a hacked lobby.


I think they will because like the OP said their reputation is at stake and just sitting back and doing nothing could affect future sales. Also, If they don't do something now then It will only be a matter of time before Black Ops is acted and we get the same result.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

05
/16

emw80

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

 


martyn_gibbs wrote:

lloydylloyd wrote:

I can't see them actively pursuing the hackers now that black ops is out. Its a shame, every other game on MW2 is a hacked lobby.


I think they will because like the OP said their reputation is at stake and just sitting back and doing nothing could affect future sales. Also, If they don't do something now then It will only be a matter of time before Black Ops is acted and we get the same result.


 

All they have done is sat back and did NOTHING from COD4, they have ignored the people on the forums since COD4 as well, so we SHOULD have all learnt by now that they are worthless people and we should know NOT to buy any more of their crap games/

 

Their reputation IS at stake, but because there are so many COD minions out there who just dont care about quality and support, their sales havnt been effected at all.

 

You can only boycott them to get them to take notice, but are you mature enough to stick to it?, or will you cave in to peer pressure and advertising and end up buying into the crap again?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

02
/16

Marshy1992

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Marshy1992
Accepted Solution
I've just been on CoD4, my 1st time on it in ages.. I click TDM & it puts me into the weirdest game ever where it's all pink and green & everyone's running like Sonic all over the place. So then I quit.

***** why don't they sort it out?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

02
/16

DaveThanatos

  • Offline
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DaveThanatos
Accepted Solution

first of all i have owned almost every consol over the years and at present own all the magor consols & a pc and i have never come across anything like the problems there are with cog 6 at the moment

 

on line has been completely ruined because of the hackers, if you find a normal unhacked game your realy lucky, the experiance has completely put me of buying any more games and playing online with the ps3 because of this

 

some thing has to be dome asap or you will loose alot of gamers to other consols

 

also if you start banning people because of the hackers you might not have anybody left playing cod6 because everybodys levels are being messed with and its gonna be difficult telling the guilty from the innocent

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

05
/16

emw80

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

 


pav4n wrote:

 


Dreaded_Panda wrote:

The MW2 hacks are not from the jailbreak. There's a flaw in the game that lets the users hack it.


 

 

 

 

 

Incorrect, MW2 hacks have always been because of PS3 security breaches, its just that this latest PS3 Jailbreak (not to be confused with PSJailbreak) has been the only easily accessible flaw in PS3 security.


 

Its funny you say this because,,

 

God mode,

No clip (flying & walk through walls etc & also no damage taken while no clip is active),

Unlimited ammo,

No reload (hold the trigger down forever),

Super jump,

Aim bot,

Increased bullet damage,

Increased damage resistence,,,,

 

ARE ALL ON THE DISC ALREADY,, all people need to do is MOD their gamesave and bypass the update (trick the server which was only a case of spending ridiculous time trying to do it),, it has always been that way since i was on COD 4 on xbox 360.

 

Infinity Ward/Activision/Treyarch - all CHOSE NOT TO ENCRYPT THE GAME SAVES - for Modern Warfare 2 and World at War, even though they KNEW this had all happened on COD 4.

 

The Jailbreak does something different for PS3, it enables modded lobbies (xp lobbies), but this is something xbox 360 and PC has already had in the years before the jailbreak.

 

Regardless,, it IS all the fault of Infinity Ward / Activision / Treyarch for not encrypting their game saves in the first place that has got the attention of all these hackers to begin with.

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

[ Edited ]
03
/16

pav4n

  • Offline
94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pav4n
Accepted Solution

emw80 wrote:

 


pav4n wrote:

 


Dreaded_Panda wrote:

The MW2 hacks are not from the jailbreak. There's a flaw in the game that lets the users hack it.


 

 

 

 

 

Incorrect, MW2 hacks have always been because of PS3 security breaches, its just that this latest PS3 Jailbreak (not to be confused with PSJailbreak) has been the only easily accessible flaw in PS3 security.


 

Its funny you say this because,,

 

God mode,

No clip (flying & walk through walls etc & also no damage taken while no clip is active),

Unlimited ammo,

No reload (hold the trigger down forever),

Super jump,

Aim bot,

Increased bullet damage,

Increased damage resistence,,,,

 

ARE ALL ON THE DISC ALREADY,, all people need to do is MOD their gamesave and bypass the update (trick the server which was only a case of spending ridiculous time trying to do it),, it has always been that way since i was on COD 4 on xbox 360.

 

Infinity Ward/Activision/Treyarch - all CHOSE NOT TO ENCRYPT THE GAME SAVES - for Modern Warfare 2 and World at War, even though they KNEW this had all happened on COD 4.

 

The Jailbreak does something different for PS3, it enables modded lobbies (xp lobbies), but this is something xbox 360 and PC has already had in the years before the jailbreak.

 

Regardless,, it IS all the fault of Infinity Ward / Activision / Treyarch for not encrypting their game saves in the first place that has got the attention of all these hackers to begin with.

 

 


This is incorrect, COD4 was to only game with unencrypted gamesaves, any you right that we had no clip and god mode and the rest, that was modding the game save in hex editor and adding new cvars, but after CoD4 game saves WERE encrypted, the MW2 game save has not been hacked(apart from single player, that was hacked via game save), the Jailbreak is not the first time that the PS3 security has been breeched, old hacks on PS3 let you change files on the PS3 HDD, this was promptly patched via a firmware update and therefore was limited to a few people, for a long time on MW2 there were only 2 hackers that knew how to hack MW2, and they did not release this info, the latest jailbreak has made these previous very limited hacks available to everyone who owns a PS3 and a copy of MW2.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: CoD MW2 Hackers WILL be banned!

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel