22 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

[MW3] DLC Problem Fix (?)

[ Edited ]
56 Replies 7,204 Views edited 25-08-2012

Click on the spoiler under the error/mesage you're getting. 

MW3 DLC Fix 

When you start up MW3 and you get this message :

"Free downloadable content is required. Do you want to download it now? Yes/No"

Spoiler

Of course you'll want to select Yes! You'll be brought to the store and all going well you'll see some DLC to download. All you need to download is the (free) Terminal map that matches the region code on your MW3 disc (this will be either BLES or BLUS followed by some numbers)

Note : PS3 games are region free but DLC is not.

BLES is only compatible with DLC from the E.U store, BLUS is only compatible with DLC from the U.S store.

If after you select Yes to download the free content you see nothing to download chances are you have a version of MW3 that doesn't match the store region you're using (for example U.S disc but your account uses the U.K store). In this case you'll need to buy the correct MW3 disc (BLES = E.U / BLUS = U.S)

The versions available on the E.U store are : BLES -

Download & install the Terminal file that matches the code on the disc & you should be good to go.

While you’re on the store make sure you download the two free Face Off maps : Erosion & Aground

You haven’t paid for Elite & when you get to the multiplayer menu you see this message:

"Playing with original maps only. Download all DLC contents you are entitled to in order to play DLC maps"

Spoiler

This message doesn’t mean all your DLC is gone, it just means for one reason or another some of it is missing.

To make sure you’ve downloaded everything first go to Spec Op’s mode, then “Solo Play” / “Missions” and select “DLC Content”. Depending on which collection you’ve bought ( 1 or 2 or both of them) make sure these are listed :

Content Collection 1 – Black Ice & Negotiator

Content Collection 2 – Kill Switch & Iron Clad

If any of them are not listed (and you’ve bought them) go on to the store (from the XMB not the in-game store), go to your “view downloads” list and re-download whatever’s mission is missing.

Now to check the multiplayer maps.

Go to multiplayer and set up a private match, select game Setup / Maps/ Bonus Maps.

Again depending on which collections you’ve bought (1 or 2 or both) make sure whatever you’ve paid for is listed :

Content Collection 1 – Liberation, Piazza, Overwatch, Black Box

Content Collection 2 – Sanctuary, Foundation, Oasis, Getaway, Lookout

[Also make sure the two free Face Off maps are there too]

Free content – Erosion, Aground

If anything’s missing go on the store via the XMB download it.

If you’ve checked all the above and nothing is missing then head to the store and from the “view downloads” list download the access keys again.

You’ve paid for Elite premium & when you get to the multiplayer menu you see this message:

"Playing with original maps only. Download all DLC contents you are entitled to in order to play DLC maps"

Spoiler

This message doesn’t mean all your DLC is gone, it just means for one reason or another some of it is missing.

To make sure you’ve downloaded everything first go to Spec Op’s mode, then “Solo Play” / “Missions” and select “DLC Content”. Make sure these are listed :

Black Ice

Negotiator

Kill Switch

Iron Clad

Arctic Recon

Vertigo

If any of them are not listed go on to the store (from the XMB not the in-game store), go to your “view downloads” list and re-download whatever is missing.

Now to check the multiplayer maps.

Go to multiplayer and set up a private match, select game Setup / Maps/ Bonus Maps.

Check that all these are listed :

Liberation

Piazza

Overwatch

Black Box

Sanctuary

Foundation

Oasis

Getaway

Lookout

Erosion

Aground

Terminal

Vortex

U-Turn

Intersection

Decommission

Off Shore

If anything’s missing go on the store via the XMB download it.

If you’ve checked all the above and nothing is missing then head to the store and from the “view downloads” list download the access keys again.

-----------------Original Post--------------------

If you're getting an error on MW3 about missing DLC even if you have downloaded Content Collection 1 & 2, go on the store and download the two free Face Off maps Aground & Erosion (make sure you get the correct BLES /BLUS versions for your disc)

So far this seems to be the fix. I'm guessing some people didn't download them / didn't know they were available and the game seems to think the two free maps are part of CC2?

Anyway, give it a try, post back if it worked/didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 57 (7,204 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: [MW3] DLC Problem Fix (?)

This should prove to be useful for a good many peeps by rthe sounds of some recent topics. Good work moriarty.

Guru ftw!! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 57 (7,189 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks!!  Worked perfectly.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 57 (7,046 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you! I was lost without this.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 57 (6,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

any other suggestions hasnt worked for me?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 57 (6,929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

danbstard wrote:

any other suggestions hasnt worked for me?

Set up a private match, in the choose map option, are ALL the DLC maps listed? (If you didn't buy Content Collection 1 then ignore the first 4 maps)

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare® 3.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 57 (6,927 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

just came offshore today, but i will try this when i get back in 2 weeks.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 57 (6,805 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

didnt fix the problem for me, still cannot play the dlc maps in regular lobbies :Confused:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 57 (6,605 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

grnSugah42 wrote:

didnt fix the problem for me, still cannot play the dlc maps in regular lobbies :Confused:

Have you downloaded ALL the DLC (Maps & spec op levels)?

Have bought both map packs?

When you try to play on the content collection playlist what message do you get?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 57 (6,601 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

for downloading faceoff free maps i have the 1 number and the blus with a number which isnt found in the downloads in ps store. what should i do?

plz reply as soon as poss.

thx

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 57 (6,286 Views)
0 Kudos