11 Jan 2012
Playstation Staff

PS3 users mugged off again over COD DLC even with Elite

30 Replies 471 Views Created 11-01-2012

How is it that yet again PS3 users get stuffed again with the DLC on MW3? I paid for the Elite membership and so far all I've have is some crummy titles and emblems. Wheres the Clan events?

What was the point of paying £35.00 if we have to wait a month after they are released on Xbox before we get them?

Estimating they have probably had a million ps3 users take up elite thats £35m in the bank and not even given anyhting for it yet.

Yet again COD manages to produce a product that causes everyone to moan about some facete of it but we all continue to buy it.

The game plays ok and I think its good but you shouldn't sell an add on service that doesn't work properly. They wheel out the old 'we didnt realise it would be this popluar' which bearing in mind the numbers of copies of the game sold over the last 4 years surprises me.

Overall not feeling very "Elite" at present. Rant over!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31 (471 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 users mugged off again over COD DLC even with Elite

Because all the £35 payments from all the PS3 elite members still isn't a fraction of the money Microsoft are paying them for DLC dibs.

And of course the real reason they get DLC first is that the MS bosses have the Ferrero Rocher arranged in a pyramid at the buttering up party.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31 (468 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just like PS3 users get stuff early from EA. Fair play to Microsoft.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31 (449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Xbox getting the DLC first is in the FAQ on the Elite site since Elite was in beta. Shame people don't do a bit of research on these things before spending their monies.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31 (444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

I seem to remember this being asked before release and it was confirmed that PS3 would still be a month behind on DLC, regardless of elite membership. It sucks, but unless you wanna lend Sony the millions to cover Microsoft's fee, that's the way it is.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31 (434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

So do you read every terms and conditions word for word. I bet you do. I'm just actually saying where is the 'eliteness' for ps3 users. There isn't. Oh hang on I'll save £5 overall on the map packs. Silly me.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31 (426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GrooveRidar wrote:
So do you read every terms and conditions word for word. I bet you do. I'm just actually saying where is the 'eliteness' for ps3 users. There isn't. Oh hang on I'll save £5 overall on the map packs. Silly me.

I never do! But i did have a read of the FAQ section (Link provided!) The Elite'ness of Premium on PS3 is that you get the DLC before non-Premium PS3 users.

ELITE FAQ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31 (420 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

The timed releases have been like this since MW2 and I admit whilst its common knowledge to most I would hazard a guess it isnt stated clearly to people actually buying Elite that MS get is a month sooner. Although you paid your money so guess you will have to live and learn

Exclusive timings are the norm and are generally give and take as PS3 got the "free" BF3 DLC two weeks before MS. Most fans of the game and paying Elite members would generally know this but at the end of the day IW are at no obligation to let you know and you will just get it when they say so...tough really
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31 (417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The elite means you get the content something like a month before other ps3 users just the same as Xbox elite

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31 (399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Cloudburst-- wrote:
The elite means you get the content something like a month before other ps3 users just the same as Xbox elite

No it doesnt....PS3 Elite user get Elite content one month after Xbox Elite users and then "normal" PS3 users get the content if they want it one month after PS3 Elite users

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31 (395 Views)
0 Kudos