Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 users mugged off again over COD DLC even with Elite

Cloudburst-- wrote:

A few of my friends have jumped to XBOX360 recently and harass me EVERY DAY about going on MW3/BF3 but i'm still not in a position of wanting to switch for multi plats . . . I just prefer the feel of PlayStation.

If Microsoft bring out their console ahead of Sony (like the 360) and my friends upgrade to it - then I will have pretty much no choice but to jump ship for everything other than exclusives.

Please please do and then you can go on the Xbox forums....Im sure if we have a whip round on the BF forum members we woudl quite happily get enough together and buy you an Xbox ourselves. it would be worth it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

:Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol: :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I think mr Leggy you are takin the p...

I knew the Ps3 was not getting the DLC early as it was a 5 year agreement from MW2( they paid i think 10 million for 1 month early ) this was put in place so like Black ops it will be a month later , now one thing is that if your not elite and want to buy all DLC ( at who knows what costings as IW are always expensive to say the least ) and ps elite get early for 1 month then that means by my reconing non elite will be a start date of March ( which if anyone looks back was around the first release of maps on mw2 ) .

I think possibly that IW are thinking non elite customers can get all DLC released upto then  as a block purchase for maybe 15 quid each ( 3 month blocks ) ,  

but going by that sort of timing and stuff you will still be buying DLC ( non elite people this is ) when BLack ops 2 is released and there wanting you to buy your yearly subscription to cod elite anyway !

All i can say is It was stated ...... maybe not clear enough but it was there and untill after the next MW that sledge hammer release it will not change so we just need to put up with it !

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
RB5
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i know we got a couple of BF3 bits a week or so early, but MW3 is gonna be 8-12 week wait for PS3, that is a bit extreme. I got the elite pack hoping i would save some cash, but the 9 month DLC cycle wont finish till jan 2013 for PS3 and we all know another COD/ title will be out this year (Oct or Nov proberly), so if we buy into the new title we will still be 3 months behind on a game some of us wont be playing much.

Dont mind a few weeks wait, but 2-3 months feels like ive been turned over by trotter inderpendant traders.

XBOX elite will get the DLC 1-4 weeks before the non elite members, who get the DLC 1 month before PS3, that the basis i have made my estimations on, we wont see anything until march possibly april.

What we need is a PS3 Elite members release date, thats the least they could do, they already know it, why not release it?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Microsoft have had a one month map pack exclusivity because they paid for it, although I'm pretty sure this or the next CoD one is the last one that applies to.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

RB5 wrote:
i know we got a couple of BF3 bits a week or so early, but MW3 is gonna be 8-12 week wait for PS3, that is a bit extreme. I got the elite pack hoping i would save some cash, but the 9 month DLC cycle wont finish till jan 2013 for PS3 and we all know another COD/ title will be out this year (Oct or Nov proberly), so if we buy into the new title we will still be 3 months behind on a game some of us wont be playing much.

Dont mind a few weeks wait, but 2-3 months feels like ive been turned over by trotter inderpendant traders.

XBOX elite will get the DLC 1-4 weeks before the non elite members, who get the DLC 1 month before PS3, that the basis i have made my estimations on, we wont see anything until march possibly april.

What we need is a PS3 Elite members release date, thats the least they could do, they already know it, why not release it?

from what i have been made aware of obviously elite premium xboxers get if first BUT ps3 elite premiums will get it second (before xbox non premiums, who from what i have heard get it the same time as non elite ps3ers). Basically the 1 month deal only applies to the very first xbox release (which is a good, becuase otherwise non premium ps3ers would have to wait until april or something, which would be a joke!!).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31 (215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

*kisses Xbox* :Winner:

photo AWESOMEO00.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31 (203 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

To be honest, I couldn't care less when Xbox owners get the DLC. I own both consoles, but chose to buy MW3 for the PS3 because I consider it the superior platform (though devs, due to financial considerations, will always appeal to the lowest common denominator in the search for filthy lucre.) 

Considering the amount of time it took me to even register my account (including changing emails) I'm just happy that I'll eventually get what I paid for. And that's the only reason I paid for Elite: to get the maps. Dates don't mean much to me as I don't harvest fruit.

"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate..."

Terry Pratchett ~ Feet of Clay.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 31 (198 Views)
RB5
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Devastator9 wrote:

RB5 wrote:

from what i have been made aware of obviously elite premium xboxers get if first BUT ps3 elite premiums will get it second (before xbox non premiums, who from what i have heard get it the same time as non elite ps3ers). Basically the 1 month deal only applies to the very first xbox release (which is a good, becuase otherwise non premium ps3ers would have to wait until april or something, which would be a joke!!).

18th April, 4 month wait for non elite. WOW

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31 (145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

RB5 wrote:

18th April, 4 month wait for non elite. WOW

19th of April.

Not really a 4 month wait, DLC for CoD games usually comes out in March or April. Its just that Premium Elite users got it early.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31 (142 Views)
0 Kudos