By delderrick

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Peoples thoughts on PS3 First Elite DLC ?

33 Replies 532 Views Created 29-02-2012

Ok i played this for while last night and it was ok thats about all i can say .You do get an element of camping always on the new maps and tbh i think it just annoys you more as its frustrating when you dont know routes and stuff and your trying to get ( well in objective game play anyway ) to a point or something and you get taken out by someone lieing on there belly in a corner waiting .

As for the maps Piazza ( which ,most will know ) is kind of like favela from mw2 with tight pathways usually leading to stairs in this case . be quick getting around and you will be fine but watch as there are still some pretty good lines of sight for snipers

Liberation is HUGE i cant stress how big this map is there are sniper points all over it but in my playing of it ( and that was limited and will explain why ) most folk were still running around or camping the underground section that comes out near b on domination .

Now Atm there is only elite choices on maps ie new maps then you get choice of game modes in a group ( dom , kill confirmed and TDM ... was only one i played ) and mainly it ran ok , there was others in lobby suffering some lag and stuff but then it is COD and if a call of duty comes out without lag its called going to the real army .

What was others thoughts on new maps ( well old if you play xbox ) ?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

flax1980 wrote:

heres what i get.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/freaksy/?action=view&current=20120301_163019.jpg

then go to store and download version it intstalls i go back to game and boom this is back.

not happy!

Have you downloaded both maps (2 seperate files)?

EDIT! See you've got it sorted already.

0 Kudos

Re: Peoples thoughts on PS3 First Elite DLC ?

[ Edited ]
/16

whiteboy38rams

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
whiteboy38rams
Accepted Solution

Tbh i not played em much , i just dont like the way they releasing , i prefer to just play domination and for these maps to turn up on a normal game i gotta wait til they been released to everyone on the ps3 as alot of my friends not got elite , hope they see sense with black ops 2 and just have one date that everyone on the ps3 gets the maps , its all alot of bolloxs if ya ask me :)

/16

jontonathon

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jontonathon
Accepted Solution

^^ Thats actually a fair shout , good point about them being in normal rotation.

I also haven't been on them much as i play with friends most evenings and only one of them has elite , so aside from me slinging them a deafy i'm not going to get much of a blast on them.

From what i have seen though , Liberation could well be the map i've been waiting on in terms of a full on sniper map which is good as i do enjoy sporting the long gun and haven't done any on this release as yet.

Piazza has a good feel about it , just need to get more time on it and suss out the usual camping spots.

0 Kudos

/16

X-Substance

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X-Substance
Accepted Solution

Liberation. Big Map. Lots of Trees and Bushes with tents next to them. Even walked in on a few guys having a picnic at the Bush near the bridge near C Domination. Marksman, very effective. Shotgun, less effective. Chance of giving up a shotgun. *****. Spawn trap on B? Meh, what they don't realise is they aren't trapped on B. They are trapped in game with me. I tend to use the Assault Rifles or Snipers on this map. Not a fan of it at all. Would like to see a SnD game played on it though. Not quite sure if it would be a fast game or a drawn out one.

Spent one game running around trying to find players. I found three. Not sure if that was due to them dying before I could reach them or the fact the three guys I did eventually find were hiding in a bush or liking a troll. Under a bridge.

Piazza. Bit more of a rushing stage. Shame about the lack of rushers. People in game seem to have back injuries and feel the need to sit down in corners. That's fine. A spas unloading some lead into your face is just what the doctor prescibed for such cases. Helicopter seems awfully effective on that map, more so than other maps. Give it a go. Pro Tip.

Lots of turnings that split into more turnings filled with corners. Watch your angles and sight lines. UAV, AUAV, Motion Sensor would be very effective here assuming you aren't playing a game of Most Haunted. All Flags have fair exposure for defending so be careful and alot of spots to look out for when capturing. Make use of the cars. Cars tend to blow up. Unsure about a corner? Blow up the car and hope someone was wearing their seat belt.

Hoping the new map Overwatch will be more to my tastes.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution
so x box get a whole map bundle ( including maps we will still not get for a month ) even if your not a premium member of elite ...

Seams like yet again PS3 gets the turd end of the stick from activision , i knew the maps were a month behind before i bought elite but now i just feel cheated on a whole new level
0 Kudos

/16

DANO25

93%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DANO25
Accepted Solution
Told you to join XBOX Del ;)

I'm one of the idiots that bought Elite on XBOX and have all the DLC IMO Piazza is a decent map all the others are absolutely horrendus,so bad ill be deleting them when they go into rotation with the original maps,even the Spec Ops missions you'll complete in less than 2Mins and never play again

I strongly urge people that dont have Elite to not waste their money as you will be very dissapointed with the DLC.

Each to their own and all that jazz but im sure most people will hate the maps,plus the game is awful with awful spawns so that just adds to the awfulness of the awful maps.

Goodday x
0 Kudos

XBOX LIVE: AFistUpDBumhole PSN: DANO25 TWITTER: TheDano25

If you use Ghost and camp or No/Quickscope you're an IDIOT!!
/16

delderrick

78%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
delderrick
Accepted Solution
dano i would have but i just dont like the controllers , also i would only have like 1 friend lol , Billy no mates is not a look i like !

Maps are rubbish............. game is rubbish................ game is spoiled by folk who play it ............... but i will still be playing it like always !
0 Kudos

/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution

delderrick wrote:
also i would only have like 1 friend lol ,

Nowt new there then

0 Kudos

/16

DANO25

93%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DANO25
Accepted Solution
You can get an adaptor Del to use a PS3 controller on The XBOX i have 1 to use the XBOX controller on the PS3 :D
0 Kudos

XBOX LIVE: AFistUpDBumhole PSN: DANO25 TWITTER: TheDano25

If you use Ghost and camp or No/Quickscope you're an IDIOT!!
/16

iTzGilbert

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iTzGilbert
Accepted Solution

So far I think they are utter crap!! The spawns are terrible and the maps are poorly designed, a damn 5 year could produce better with a pack a crayons!

Waste of money, so glad I didnt buy the "elite" garbage. AVOID! (I purchased the DLC Collection recently released on Live)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
LIVE - TheMasterRob25
YOUTUBE - ItsJustGilbert

PS3 60gb Launch ps3 - YLOD March 2009
PS3 60gb Refurb - YLOD 21st November 2010
PS3 320GB Slim - 22/11/10 - 12/12/10 - Disk Drive Fault.
/16

MennoSMG

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MennoSMG
Accepted Solution

If you clear the new spec ops missions, do the earned stars add to your total stars? It would make earning the needed 48 stars for the "overachiever" achievement/trophy a little bit easier. 

0 Kudos

/16

M-C83

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
M-C83
Accepted Solution

New maps I don't like. Liberation is impossible without marksman. And the smaller map has too many levels and passage ways. Its OK on domination but that's it. Don't like the fact you have to play 3 different types of game mode. Thankyou Infinity Ward. Another serving of xxxx. Oh and connections for me are either everyone is on speed or feels like iam using a spud gun ANY1 WHO READS THIS DON'T PAY FOR ELITE LIKE I DID. Wait for the map packs then decide.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

I'm liking the new maps mainly cause their new! Been playing them in Survival mode to get used to them.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel