14 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Question about DLC Collection 1

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 285 Views edited 14-06-2012

Hey all,

Before I ask my question, I should probably let you know that I only got my DLC today.

I tried to go on the elite playlist on MW3 to try out my new maps and apparently I'm missing the latest content drop that is only for elite players at the moment!

Have the dlc collection 1 maps been added to the ordinary rotation then? I would really like to play my new maps on a public playlist where it is just dlc maps rotating. Is there such an option.

I know yesterday I could look at the modes available on the elite playlist, then I would get the message to go to the store.

Now, I can't even access that option. It just says the sanctuary map is either missing or damaged and that I need to go to the store to get it. I can't even look at the modes on the playlist! 

Edit - Just realised there is a filter when you press select that I never noticed before. Lets me search for both dlc and original maps. No filter for dlc only though... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Question about DLC Collection 1

DLC is only for elite today plus it's also down at the minute. I can't get mine and typical Sony are offering no support or explanation.
Cheers Big Ears

Andy (pontelad)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

So will the elite playlist become available for everyone that has a dlc collection at some point so that they can play their new maps on rotation?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Causton97 wrote:

So will the elite playlist become available for everyone that has a dlc collection at some point so that they can play their new maps on rotation?

Collection 1 maps are now part of the rotation for the normal playlists.

The "Elite" playlist basically contains all DLC maps for the game so far.  You don't have to be an Elite member to go into it, but you will need all maps released up until now on your PS3 (in other words if another account on your PS3 is Elite and has downloaded all the maps).

So at the moment, you have collection 1, but there have been 2 further batches of DLC released since then (Sanctuary, Foundation and now Oasis).  When Collection 2 hots the store and you decide on purchasing that, you will be able to get into the Elite playlist, that is until the next monthly Elite drop.

Basically, if you want to play on your Collection 1 maps (congratulations on winning again btw) then look out for them in normal matchmaking, make sure you vote for them, or you can play them in private games or system link with friends.

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Sounds good to me Yaster! Although I don't see why we can't join the elite playlist if it's just dlc maps. It should just let us play the ones we own like in regular matchmaking... 

On Black Ops I purchased Escalation and they allowed anyone with a map pack to access the playlist. It was great just playing the dlc maps on rotation! 

I know they need to have a separate playlist for people with Elite, but would it have been too hard for the devs to incorporate another playlist for us regular people with a dlc collection? Perhaps it could be called the 'collection' playlist? Then inside it has 'collection tdm', 'collection objectives' etc.

A good idea, no?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Good idea yes. But there's only a certain amount of playlist options they can have. Introducing a collection playlist would mean they'd have to get rid of something else.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (250 Views)
0 Kudos